Weinstein case - Paltrow misses the point entirely

I’m afraid you’ve missed my point, or I’m not articulating it clearly enough.

I don’t have a “can’t we all just get along” worldview. But when a system allows someone to be fucked over, I find it strange that the same person would think the same system is fantastic when it works in their favoir and look to join it.

If the Stasi fucked me over, but I said it was OK because I’ve got a friend higher up in the Stasi and I actually want to be in the Stasi myself, then surely I’m becoming part of the problem, not part of the solution?
its not the system that fucks people over. It is powerful people within the system who abuse the system that fuck people over.

You find similar abuse in almost every system from gov't to Major charities, to big Businesses, to Religious Institutions, with regards to some who get to hold power.

So you can never address individual abusers in a way that any system will prevent them from abusing. That said you can hope and expect others with power PARTICULARLY if they are in the same system (one top gov't official calling out another for abuse would be great) to act and not accept the abuse.

Put it this way. If you worked in gov't and there was an abusive boss pressuring underlings to sleep with him would you not want another boss of equal or similar stature to call him out on it and try to make him stop? Or would you tell that other boss he should stay quiet as he is part of the problem too as he is part of the same system?

Last edited:
Lies.....all lies...

Brad dumped her because he caught her with Weinstein back in the day.

She is as bad a liar as she is an actress

I’m afraid you’ve missed my point, or I’m not articulating it clearly enough.

I don’t have a “can’t we all just get along” worldview. But when a system allows someone to be fucked over, I find it strange that the same person would think the same system is fantastic when it works in their favoir and look to join it.

If the Stasi fucked me over, but I said it was OK because I’ve got a friend higher up in the Stasi and I actually want to be in the Stasi myself, then surely I’m becoming part of the problem, not part of the solution?
No one misunderstands your “point”. They are explaining why your “point” makes no sense, but you can’t understand multiple clear and concise explanations.

No one misunderstands your “point”. They are explaining why your “point” makes no sense, but you can’t understand multiple clear and concise explanations.

I understand them, I just have a different point of view, that’s all.

Back