Weinstein case - Paltrow misses the point entirely

Boxiana

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
My first Warroom thread - be gentle.

I read this, and was genuinely flabbergasted.

Paltrow taking about her then boyfriend Brad Pitt reacting to a Weinstein pass on her:

“He said, ‘If you ever make her feel uncomfortable again, I’ll kill you.’ Or something like that. It was so fantastic. He leveraged his fame and power to protect me at a time when I didn’t have fame or power yet.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/may/24/gwyneth-paltrow-brad-pitt-threatened-harvey-weinstein

You'll have to give more detail as to why you are flabbergasted. She is just saying that she did not feel like she was in a position to stand up for herself, and was glad that her more powerful partner stood up for her.

My first Warroom thread - be gentle.

I read this, and was genuinely flabbergasted.

Paltrow taking about her then boyfriend Brad Pitt reacting to a Weinstein pass on her:

“He said, ‘If you ever make her feel uncomfortable again, I’ll kill you.’ Or something like that. It was so fantastic. He leveraged his fame and power to protect me at a time when I didn’t have fame or power yet.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/may/24/gwyneth-paltrow-brad-pitt-threatened-harvey-weinstein
The woman who stuck rocks in her vagina to improve her chakras said something weird?

I'm shocked.

No, you're missing the point.

I can divine your thoughts. You think the whole point of this is that we don't want powerful men to leverage their wills. By extolling Brad she is missing that point in your eyes.

But that isn't the point. Power is power. It will never stop being power. The desire is that we govern ourselves in a way that might doesn't make right; chiefly, the concern isn't with power, but with the abuse of power. If you believe the point of #metoo is to equalize everyone and obliterate the reality/concept of power itself...you're the one missing the point. That's hopelessly naive.

You'll have to give more detail as to why you are flabbergasted. She is just saying that she did not feel like she was in a position to stand up for herself, and was glad that her more powerful partner stood up for her.

Yup. Succinct and agree 100 percent

What should she have wanted him to do instead? Any move he makes on Weistein exists within their power dynamic. It's not like that can be ignored- it's a condition. Should she have been mourning the "good" use of power?

She also steam cleans her vagina so I do t know how seriously I’d take her.

We all react well to people who use their influence in ways that are deemed helpful.

No, you're missing the point.

I can divine your thoughts. You think the whole point of this is that we don't want powerful men to leverage their wills. By extolling Brad she is missing that point in your eyes.

But that isn't the point. Power is power. It will never stop being power. The desire is that we govern ourselves in a way that might doesn't make right; chiefly, the concern isn't with power, but with the abuse of power. If you believe the point of #metoo is to equalize everyone and obliterate the reality/concept of power itself...you're the one missing the point. That's hopelessly naive.

Lol, oh wow, I didn't even think of that.

Leveraging power happens in every arena throughout life, from the playground to the office. Brad Pitt leveraged his power in the industry to do something positive, that's something to be commended, even if it was a pretty normal reaction he had. A lot of people in the industry, even those with power, would not have said a word.

The only point that matters is the one on her insanely dangerous elbows.

planet-of-the-apps-gwyneth-paltrow-will-i-am-0001.jpg

What should she have wanted him to do instead? Any move he makes on Weistein exists within their power dynamic. It's not like that can be ignored- it's a condition. Should she have been mourning the "good" use of power?

Brad should have raped Weinstein

I can appreciate this effort. Bet it smells like morning dew...

I bet her vagina is incredible too, just seems like a strange thing to do. I guess when you you’re rich as fuck and are on the wrong side of 45 as a female you do whatever you can do.

She's a 7 at best.
I think she looks amazing in the movies with all the make up and costume design and post-production.

But I saw her nudes and was very, very disappointed. Almost as bad as Sarah Silverman's nudes.

Back