Weight loss/fitness gurus chime in

Thanks man, i appreciate it. Been trying to make lifelong changes in lifestyle and discipline. I am not putting this weight back on.

I'll definitely check out that link, thanks.

Never heard of reverse dieting.

I usually try to get around 10 or less carbs per day from spinach, collards, peppers, and almonds/Brazil nuts so that I don't over do the ketosis thing.

Seems to be working thus far though.

If you incorporate intermittent fasting into your regime that'll help by its self. Add in an hour of light aerobic exercise during the fast and it should burn fat well, too hard and you may eat muscle

EDIT- sorry just read you're eating one meal a day? if so this needs to stop and eat at least twice.

Last edited:
The Man God Shaw weeps for you all.
IMG_1136.JPG

I do intermittent fasting with only one meal a day.

I have researched a lot about it and it appears that you'd have to go without food for more than 3 to 4 days to begin catabolizing muscle but I could be wrong and it could be different for each person.

I think its when you go over 18hours you become catabolic.

I believe most men have 3 growth hormone spurts. The big ones in the middle of sleep 12-1, second ones at 10am the thirds roughly 2pm(all approx.) If you have it so you eat after 11am than at 6-7pm you'll never blunt the HGH secretions (fats and carbs are the killers with HGH). If you need more food as your stomachs small or you are training more than throw in a meal around 230-3pm

Breakfast is a lie, earn your food and if you didn't put it in the gym in the morning don't put it in your mouth. If you want to go down the intermittent fasting route skip every second breakfast but you must eat the same amount of calories that you are eating over two days now. You are not starving yourself just shocking the body a little.

Just 5grams of protein before your weights can help stop the muscle from being catabolised and some after for the growth, fats are your friends.

If you're really keen do body weight exercise for strength as is mentioned in the book "Red Gold Peak Performance Techniques of the Russian and East German Olympic Victors" This is extremely energy intensive, some people will laugh at the idea..... until they do it.
You must go to failure on every set and you must have a minimum of 3min to a maximum of 4min break. People may laugh at this but this burns massive amounts of calories yet works all three muscle fibres but only if you go to failure as it forces the muscles to fully activate.
Note- you will not blow up like a toad but you'll be a hell of a lot stronger than you look functional strength wise i.e. grappling. This was when I was at my lightest as it burns fat like no tomorrow, only fasted once a week when doing this so be careful with the fasting around intensive exercise ie only light aerobic exercise when in the fasted state- no more than 125 so it burns your fat store

High intensity exercise- This in a big way but I'd do it no more than twice a week as its hard on the central nervous system. Tabata protocol is a great guide, use the gym boss sport(I think) so you can really mix up the sprints with its multiple interval (normal gym boss doen't have this function. rest time is half the sprint time. 40/20, 30/15/, 40/20, 10/5 etc etc etc.

If you incorporate intermittent fasting into your regime that'll help by its self. Add in an hour of light aerobic exercise during the fast and it should burn fat well, too hard and you may eat muscle

EDIT- sorry just read you're eating one meal a day? if so this needs to stop and eat at least twice.

With IF the eating window is the eating window, why would 1 meal vs 2 matter?

I think its when you go over 18hours you become catabolic.

I believe most men have 3 growth hormone spurts. The big ones in the middle of sleep 12-1, second ones at 10am the thirds roughly 2pm(all approx.) If you have it so you eat after 11am than at 6-7pm you'll never blunt the HGH secretions (fats and carbs are the killers with HGH). If you need more food as your stomachs small or you are training more than throw in a meal around 230-3pm

Breakfast is a lie, earn your food and if you didn't put it in the gym in the morning don't put it in your mouth. If you want to go down the intermittent fasting route skip every second breakfast but you must eat the same amount of calories that you are eating over two days now. You are not starving yourself just shocking the body a little.

Just 5grams of protein before your weights can help stop the muscle from being catabolised and some after for the growth, fats are your friends.

If you're really keen do body weight exercise for strength as is mentioned in the book "Red Gold Peak Performance Techniques of the Russian and East German Olympic Victors" This is extremely energy intensive, some people will laugh at the idea..... until they do it.
You must go to failure on every set and you must have a minimum of 3min to a maximum of 4min break. People may laugh at this but this burns massive amounts of calories yet works all three muscle fibres but only if you go to failure as it forces the muscles to fully activate.
Note- you will not blow up like a toad but you'll be a hell of a lot stronger than you look functional strength wise i.e. grappling. This was when I was at my lightest as it burns fat like no tomorrow, only fasted once a week when doing this so be careful with the fasting around intensive exercise ie only light aerobic exercise when in the fasted state- no more than 125 so it burns your fat store

High intensity exercise- This in a big way but I'd do it no more than twice a week as its hard on the central nervous system. Tabata protocol is a great guide, use the gym boss sport(I think) so you can really mix up the sprints with its multiple interval (normal gym boss doen't have this function. rest time is half the sprint time. 40/20, 30/15/, 40/20, 10/5 etc etc etc.

Links to the catabolism and growth hormone spurt info?

With IF the eating window is the eating window, why would 1 meal vs 2 matter?

Well if you only have time to eat once than you only have time to eat once.

You're not optimising your recovery if it's not after that hard workout and your body will start to tear up existing muscle to use in the repair process. Two steps forward one back.

everyones difference I suggest slowly cutting your cals until you're no more than 800 below maintenance. stay there for a month or so, then bump it back up 200 cals. then from there fluctuate. go up 200 calls and go low. play around with it

This will have to wait until I'm on my computer so links and copy/paste can be done as I can't on my phone.

There was an amazing website that was full of resources such as this information with a awesome group of posters. It's shut down now but as the info had references to the studies it'll just be a matter of looking through pub med and other resource sights to get it for you.

The fasting catabolism will be harder being a less well known subject so it may take me longer for that one

I'll have a look around later today after I'm finished some family stuff otherwise it'll be tomorrow.

Out of curiosity, can a Keto Diet support a powerlifting regimen where absolute strength is wanted?

I ask because I see a lot of guys out there calling themselves powerbuilders.

Haven't forgotten you and am getting it together slowly between life stuff. The growth hormone spurt info is relatively easy except I'm like a 80 year with only thumbs so my computer skills are rubbish.

I want to check the original resource I used for my health choices as the times are off by a couple of hours ie 10am instead of midday.
By the same token this is a respected book for GH so I would believe this over anything else so I either read wrong/remembered wrong or something(I'll get back to you). If you check google books for- Handbook of Neuroendocrinology and search "24-hour GH secretion in males of ages 16 to 25" you'll get some good insight particularly the graph of a young man compared to an older one.
I appear to be off on my times but as I said I want to check the references on the other resource

This is why protien peptides(GHRP/GRF) have got such a following as they can be used to mimic the natural spurts/pulses that our bodies secrete.

As for the fasting stuff I am slowing looking but with the original site gone it is harder to find the info but just give me some more time.

I lost and kept of weight by fasting 2 days a week for a month then dropping back to 1 day a week. I also eat 1 0r 2 meals a day usually 1 large meal, I've lost a bit of muscle and strength but that comes with the territory

Out of curiosity, can a Keto Diet support a powerlifting regimen where absolute strength is wanted?

I ask because I see a lot of guys out there calling themselves powerbuilders.
Yes...in fact many power lifters are converting to a keto diet. Not only can they maintain strenght while losing body fat, more importantly, they can train more often due to the increased recovery times via the lessening of inflammation that a keto diet is so efficient at providing. Mark Bell's new documentary is all about the keto diet.

Yes...in fact many power lifters are converting to a keto diet. Not only can they maintain strenght while losing body fat, more importantly, they can train more often due to the increased recovery times via the lessening of inflammation that a keto diet is so efficient at providing. Mark Bell's new documentary is all about the keto diet.

Thx.

So i was always the fat kid in elementary and middle school, then finally decided to do something about it freshman year of high school.

I lost around 100 pounds in 7 months and went from 245 to 150, mostly through lots of exercise (football, boxing and weight lifting) and eating chicken salads and some fasting.

After high school, I got comfortable with a relationship and work and lost my dedication to the lifestyle, and gained all of it back and then some.

Couldn't take it anymore and got back into the lifestyle early this year, and this time the weight is staying off for good.

At my heaviest early 2017 I was around 260. As of this morning I am 205 dry.

I am on the keto diet, and have consistently eaten around 1500 calories per day (i weigh everything i eat with a digital scale) with no cheating in order to lose the weight I've lost to this point.

My birthday and vacation is in september, and I'd love nothing more to be shredded for the beach.

I'd like to get down to around 160-165, and after calculations, I'd need to lose around 2 pounds per week until my birthday, which would equate to a caloric deficit of a little more than 1000 calories per day.

For my size, my basal metabolic rate doing nothing is 2000 calories per day. I have been consistently cutting 500 calories per day, plus road biking/hitting the bag 3 to 4 times a week for an extra 300-500 calories per day deficit when I train in addition to the -500 from the diet alone.

My question is - i have heard that your body will eventually get used to your calorie intake, and slowly but surely my 1500 calorie daily intake will become my basal metabolic rate, and I will need to decrease the calories by 200 calories to counteract that and continue to lose weight until my body gets used to that.

Meaning if I immediately cut another 500 for a total of a dietary deficit of 1000, then my body's basal metabolic rate will become 1000 and then I will have to stoop to super low caloric daily intakes of less than 1000 and eventually 500 (basically starving) and I will be screwing myself by doing this in hopes of a quick loss.

1500 calories is just enough food to where I don't feel hungry, but eating less than 1000 would be tough, I can't even imagine 500 per day.

So is the slow cutting of calories to continually trick my body's response to the reduction of calories the way to go and lose the weight a little slower? Or is that all BS and your body maintains a steady basal metabolic rate and I can safely cut the necessary 1000 calories per day to get shredded by September and not screw up my hormones and gains thus far.

Any advice is much appreciated in advance.

Wuddup wuddup kuz?

Few tips; NEVER SLIP WHEN IN A LTR.

If you get a girl being a gym goer, lifting, getting jacked and shredded, you sold her on being 'that guy.' the sec you slip, get soft because of little miss princess pussy, some other younger lion is waiting in the weeds to pounce. Step it up.

Try running 3miles. Steady pace jog. Increase to a run.

Ever used the rowing machine? Give it a go.

5000m aim for 20min. World record is 15min or less. Work on form. Its great muscle endurance and cardio.

Clean up your diet. 6-8 small meals every 2/3hrs. cut off eating after 8pm. get active. Get mobile. Move your body.

Checkout motivation videos online. Know a lot of people are on gear so, never compare yourself.

Good luck brah. Subscribed. Upload pics. You will inspire others. Great synergy.

Wuddup wuddup kuz?

Few tips; NEVER SLIP WHEN IN A LTR.

If you get a girl being a gym goer, lifting, getting jacked and shredded, you sold her on being 'that guy.' the sec you slip, get soft because of little miss princess pussy, some other younger lion is waiting in the weeds to pounce. Step it up.

Try running 3miles. Steady pace jog. Increase to a run.

Ever used the rowing machine? Give it a go.

5000m aim for 20min. World record is 15min or less. Work on form. Its great muscle endurance and cardio.

Clean up your diet. 6-8 small meals every 2/3hrs. cut off eating after 8pm. get active. Get mobile. Move your body.

Checkout motivation videos online. Know a lot of people are on gear so, never compare yourself.

Good luck brah. Subscribed. Upload pics. You will inspire others. Great synergy.

Thanks brah

Yea I found out the hard way that all women are skanks constantly on the prowl for a better deal. I'll never be getting married. Casting couch til I'm 90 brah.

Have you read up on intermittent fasting? The new literature (diet info changes every 2 years lol) suggests that eating 3 small meals doesn't give your body as much of a chance to burn as it does with 1 very small snack and 1 meal or just 1 meal. Due to my schedule I eat 1500 calories in one pop every day.

I run 5 to 6 miles per week when I alternate my biking days. I like the road biking better because it doesn't make my back hurt the next day.

Never seen a rowing machine, just seen the rowers from the 20s who were way more manly than us.

Thanks brah

Yea I found out the hard way that all women are skanks constantly on the prowl for a better deal. I'll never be getting married. Casting couch til I'm 90 brah.

Yeah but, its a choice as a man.

So, for instance, if i post a pic of me jacked, ridiculously good looking, and at 6% bf, and a model gf. If I get fat as fuck and she starts smashing hotter men now, can i really be pissed at her or myself for slipping?

Its classic female hypergamy on steroids. WOmen chase alphas for however long her aesthetics permit it to happen but, many squander her youth being cheered off the cliff running through bad boys.

Her fallback route is Captain Save a Hoe.

Have you read up on intermittent fasting? The new literature (diet info changes every 2 years lol) suggests that eating 3 small meals doesn't give your body as much of a chance to burn as it does with 1 very small snack and 1 meal or just 1 meal. Due to my schedule I eat 1500 calories in one pop every day.

I run 5 to 6 miles per week when I alternate my biking days. I like the road biking better because it doesn't make my back hurt the next day.

Never seen a rowing machine, just seen the rowers from the 20s who were way more manly than us.[/QUOTE]
Thanks brah

Never seen a rowing machine, just seen the rowers from the 20s who were way more manly than us.

Single or not, stay on the grind. Female hypergamy is moist for the alpha. They feel like they can run through dudes, have abortions, and kids out of wedlock + Captain Save A Hoe will rescue her + raise her babies. Cucks in here will do it. I blame low testosterone.

I don't know about fasting. Seems fad but try it. I just do smaller portions, no sugar or high fructose corn syrup. I read a lot. I lift heavy, good form, I run, and I row.

Checkout the rower. There is a learning curve but, you can burn absurd calories on it. Say 20min rower > 45min run.

Yeah but, its a choice as a man.

So, for instance, if i post a pic of me jacked, ridiculously good looking, and at 6% bf, and a model gf. If I get fat as fuck and she starts smashing hotter men now, can i really be pissed at her or myself for slipping?

Its classic female hypergamy on steroids. WOmen chase alphas for however long her aesthetics permit it to happen but, many squander her youth being cheered off the cliff running through bad boys.

Her fallback route is Captain Save a Hoe.

-> Autistic hatred of all 3.5 billion females on the planet
-> Won't form a stable family unit
-> Won't get children
-> Won't raise said children to be successful
-> Genes dead

"Alpha", sure thing boy. More like a pathetic weasel.

-> Autistic hatred of all 3.5 billion females on the planet
-> Won't form a stable family unit
-> Won't get children
-> Won't raise said children to be successful
-> Genes dead

"Alpha", sure thing boy. More like a pathetic weasel.

->Your best friend stabs your girls guts on the regular

->All women are whores and will drop you in a heart beat for a better deal

->The word 'stable' doesn't apply to anything having to do with a woman whatsoever. Have you never seen an episode of cheaters?

->Can easily have children out of wedlock so she only gets control over you in the firm of child support rather than child support and alimony and half your house and half your cards and half your bank accounts

->Can easily raise decent kids despite their money hungry gravy rain hopping whore of a mother

->Genes flourish and by the time the little boy is 15 you teach him that women are opportunistic skanks so he doesn't grow up to be a white knight cuck like you

Last edited:
Back