Weidman Says He’s Knocking Out Rockhold at UFC 230

• Thread starter Deleted member 549255
  • Start date
Luke's chin is probably gone. Chris just needs to headhunt and he should get the finish.

Why is Rockhold fighting @185 again?

He looked drained as fuck the last time around, talked about moving to 205, and his chin needs all the help it can get.

Both have been through bad times. This could be seen as an end of the road match for the loser.
Neither will touch the belt again.
Especially for Rockhold. He's had a longer career and has had his lights absolutely turned off 3 times in the past few years. While Chris has taken damage, he's only been completely leveled once, and that was the Yoel fight.

Rockhold has a successful and more lucrative career ahead of him in modeling, but he needs to capitalise on that now before he gets too old and his face too battered. Weidman just has fighting, and he has less holes in his game.

I must be the only one on this board that can recognize he's had relatively bad luck: in the only 3 fights he's lost, he was winning before getting caught doing something stupid. The spinning heel kick against Rockhold, ducking for a telegraphed shoot and catching a knee against Yoel, and trying to milk a DQ win against Moose. All of those fights could have gone differently if he didn't make one stupid mistake.

He's also fought 4 of the top 5 in his last four fights and just beat the guy now fighting for the belt.

Rooting for THE CHRISSSS. Still one of my favorites. Rockhold one of my least favorites.

Rooting for THE CHRISSSS. Still one of my favorites. Rockhold one of my least favorites.

Yeah I will root for Chris. But both of these guys always pull out due to injuries, I am skeptical it even happens.

chris-weidman-goes-undercover-at-365x235.jpg

6e7b3582a945e14b67b87be45306e384--entrepreneur-comment.jpg

The animosity is real

I reckon he lands the wheel kick this time

Especially for Rockhold. He's had a longer career and has had his lights absolutely turned off 3 times in the past few years. While Chris has taken damage, he's only been completely leveled once, and that was the Yoel fight.

Rockhold has a successful and more lucrative career ahead of him in modeling, but he needs to capitalise on that now before he gets too old and his face too battered. Weidman just has fighting, and he has less holes in his game.

I must be the only one on this board that can recognize he's had relatively bad luck: in the only 3 fights he's lost, he was winning before getting caught doing something stupid. The spinning heel kick against Rockhold, ducking for a telegraphed shoot and catching a knee against Yoel, and trying to milk a DQ win against Moose. All of those fights could have gone differently if he didn't make one stupid mistake.

He's also fought 4 of the top 5 in his last four fights and just beat the guy now fighting for the belt.

LMAO, your AV is pretty awesome.

I agree completely with you on Weidman's losses all being close but that he's had a case of the brainfarts recently. Hopefully he can stay focused, IMO if he does I think he out strikes Rockhold or gets the TKO. His gameplan last time wasn't working that well in the first 2 rounds though I scored round 1 for Weidman round 2 he lost and was looking like he was taking over round 3 while Rockhold was gassing then threw that terrible wheel kick and that was pretty much the end of it after Rockhold capatalized on that mistake.

I think people just understimate how much of a shark tank MW is at the top, fights can be pretty even then one guy makes a bonehead move and the other guy will make him pay for it.

Last edited:
is he gonna do it with a spin kick?

My son may have knocked out Rockhold this time... but that that is still my boy's adversary!

Weidman *might* win this, Rockhold's talents can't hide his suspect chin.

But I think Rockhold still win this.

They're both annoying as hell. Chris is king of the excuse makers, including fabricating complete lies, for his losses and Rockhold is incredibly unlikable.

I kind of hope Chris loses though.

it's 50 50 I agree. I am leaning towards rockhold but I don't mind either fighter winning honestly. I really want to see weidman vs winner of gas/Whittaker
I want to see Whittaker vs Weidman. I think Weidman matches up better with Whittaker than Luke, personally.

Weidman just beat Gastelum decisively in his last bout so I don't feel the need to see a rematch right away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back