Weidman: Once I get back physically and mentally I will dominate, run through everybody

After years of listening and watching Weidman, I've come to the conclusion that he's extremely delusional.

This is a guy that was very down on his luck, living in his parent's basement with his wife. Had like $1,500 to his name. And what he did with the money, was to buy hockey equipment and try out for the NHL. He said he played hockey in highschool, and from watching the NHL, felt that he could do what they did. He was wrong, and quit after the first day of tryouts.

That is serious delusion right there. Just like these quotes from him, his comments after the Moose fight, his comments after the Rockhold fight, and so on and so on...

Didn't he say everyone knows hes the real champ after finally winning after losing the previous three?

{<doc}

Last edited:
Maybe he should focus on actually fighting instead of bringing his family to the gym etc.

If he can put together a good W or two (more like three) he'll be right back up there. Moose is elsewhere, Luke is chinny, and Yoel is going to age out at some point.

The question is whether, after surgeries and some vicious stoppages, the Chris can outlast the pack. Doesn't seem likely. His face/eye do not look right. Not all guys are made of the same stern stuff. Compare Chris to like, Dan Henderson, lol.

Huge Andy fan too, but guys, stop being salty about the Chris. He went out and got the job done. Like he was supposed to. Don't hate the man for wanting to turn his career around now.

It's crazy that Weidman is only 33. And Moose is only 32.

Weidman does not look much different pre and post USADA. Maybe his cardio is worse? But he's also older and has had surgeries and shit. Of course he doesn't perform the same.

Last edited:
i am not a fan but his body looks the same post usada as pre.

legit champ several times over.

Even your Dad isn't buying the, "Run through everyone" line.

I'm worried about Chris, that Romero knee disfigured his face somewhat ;(

Fighters don't come back "mentally", so the fact that he's admitting that he's lost his mental edge means he's done. Finito. Kaput.

Feed him to Jacare for his retirement fight and move on.

After years of listening and watching Weidman, I've come to the conclusion that he's extremely delusional.

This is a guy that was very down on his luck, living in his parent's basement with his wife. Had like $1,500 to his name. And what he did with the money, was to buy hockey equipment and try out for the NHL. He said he played hockey in highschool, and from watching the NHL, felt that he could do what they did. He was wrong, and quit after the first day of tryouts.

That is serious delusion right there. Just like these quotes from him, his comments after the Moose fight, his comments after the Rockhold fight, and so on and so on...
holy shit, is that a true story?

that's being completely delusional. he had a pretty noticeable drop in performance after USADA. still believing you're the best in the world and you can run through everybody if physically and mentally fit, it's insane. maybe he's being truthful though. his pre-USADA self (as in, physically and mentally 100%) can maybe do that. but that is long gone

If there is a legit cause for a drop off it was probably the IV ban, seeing as Chris looks the same.
However, I don't think there is a legit drop off, I just think he's incredibly overrated. After beating a who's who of old Brazilian middle-weights he started facing the cream of the division and started getting wrecked. There was no perceivable drop off in his performances, just the higher level of competition. Other than Kelvin, who almost KO'd Chris, I'd favor everyone in the top 7 against Weidman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back