Weed is harder to quit than alcohol - Jon Jones

Yeah that's one of the dumbest statements people ever make.

Also the distinction between physiological and psychological addiction is way more complex than just saying "marijuana isn't physically addictive"

No one ever sucked dick for weed, I think that's what a lot of people are getting at :)

Weed isn't physically addictive but it's a great high and when you really like that high it sucks to have to stop smoking. I've never had an issue with drinking but legitimate alcoholics will experience bad physical withdrawal symptoms. As to which is worse, it probably depends on the person.

Some people are addicted to tearing out their own hair, fact.

You can be psychologically addicted to just about anything. You can only be physically addicted to something that's physically addictive. Marijuana isn't physically addictive.

No.
That's just not entirely true
Marijuana has low addictive potential, that doesn't mean it's not physically addictive. If Jones says he was a daily smoker and had trouble quitting, it's completely possible that he was having both psychological and physiological dependence. Just because it's rare and you didn't experience it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I bet there are plenty of girls who suck dick for weed

I meant guys doing it out of desperation. Chicks sucking off a dealer for a freebie, yeah probably something that has gone down, chicks will suck dick for cheeseburgers too though :)

No one ever sucked dick for weed, I think that's what a lot of people are getting at :)
Yeah I know what they're saying, but it's not entirely true. Just because it's not addictive as some things, doesn't mean it's not addictive. Though I bet you someones sucked dick for weed
<41> at least one person

I wouldn't be so sure tbh

There's probably some potsmoking burnout named Skyler out there that's so addicted to it psychologically that he did that

I never found it addictive, and I smoked a metric fuckton.

As I got older, I smoked less and less, until one day I realized I wasn't smoking at all any more.

In all the years I smoked marijuana, I never once had a "holy crap I need some" moment. Not once. As a cigarette smoker, I had that feeling twenty times a day.

So when I say I wouldn't call marijuana addictive, that's where I'm coming from. Make of it what you will.

I used to love getting stoned then once I was in the service I pretty much quit. I would do some psychedelics or some speed here and there, but I kink of left pot alone, because of the drug tests.

Once I got out of the service weed got like 900 times better and now I think being stoned kind of sucks. The rare times I do smoke now I'll only take one or two hits after I've had 5 or 6 cocktails. But overall I just kind of feel like I outgrew it.

Last edited:
Yeah I know what they're saying, but it's not entirely true. Just because it's not addictive as some things, doesn't mean it's not addictive. Though I bet you someones sucked dick for weed
<41> at least one person

Lol for sure, I bet someone has sucked a dick for just about everything out there.

Like I said before though, anything fun is addictive, doesn't make it wrong though :)

Lol for sure, I bet someone has sucked a dick for just about everything out there.

Like I said before though, anything fun is addictive, doesn't make it wrong though :)
I am literally smoking right now, I've got no beef with weed

I wouldn't be so sure tbh

There's probably some potsmoking burnout named Skyler out there that's so addicted to it psychologically that he did that

That does sound like something Skylar would do.

Yeah that's one of the dumbest statements people ever make.

Also the distinction between physiological and psychological addiction is way more complex than just saying "marijuana isn't physically addictive"

You might go through mild physical discomfort associated with psychological distress, but no way is a person going through the same type of symptoms associated with opioid or alcohol withdrawal.

No.
That's just not entirely true
Marijuana has low addictive potential, that doesn't mean it's not physically addictive. If Jones says he was a daily smoker and had trouble quitting, it's completely possible that he was having both psychological and physiological dependence. Just because it's rare and you didn't experience it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

So maybe say it's addictive in rare cases, which isn't the same as saying it's addictive.

Nicotine is addictive. Smoke regularly, and you will become addicted. The same is only true of marijuana in a small percentage of cases, and a much greater amount is required.

I hate weed so much that I burn it on a regular basis.
lmfao

You might go through mild physical discomfort associated with psychological distress, but no way is a person going through the same type of symptoms associated with opioid or alcohol withdrawal.
Yes, they potentially can
And more or less it's the same physiological pathway that's affected
It's just far more rare

Alcohol withdrawals can kill you, TS. So yes it does cause withdrawal.

I used to love getting stoned then once I was in the service I pretty much quit. I would do some psychedelics or some speed here and there, but I kink of left pot alone, because of the drug tests.

Once I got out of the service weed got like 900 times better and know I think being stoned kind of sucks. The rare times I do smoke now I'll only take one or two hits after I've had 5 or 6 cocktails. But overall I just kind of feel like I outgrew it.

I can't smoke the new strains, they just knock me on my ass.

So maybe say it's addictive in rare cases, which isn't the same as saying it's addictive.

Nicotine is addictive. Smoke regularly, and you will become addicted. The same is only true of marijuana in a small percentage of cases, and a much greater amount is required.

Wait
You do realize the distinction you're making here
You're saying since it's less addictive, or rather not addictive relative to nicotine or something that's highly additive - it's not addictive
That's not true. It's by definition addictive, just because the tolerance threshold is higher doesn't change that. This isn't a spectrum, it's a binary, a drug is either addictive or not.

And the estimate is that about 10% of people who are chronic users will develop dependence, that's only a relatively small amount - but as most statistics go, it's perhaps more useful to think of it as '1 in 10', which is a minority but not an insignificant fraction

Like I said, I really don't care - I'm a daily smoker myself. But when people say "It's mentally not physically addictive" that's a completely misleading statement

lmfao

Yes, they potentially can
And more or less it's the same physiological pathway that's affected
It's just far more rare

I'd have to read up the clinical studies, but I'm skeptical to be honest.

Anybody who says weed isn't a addicting is a fucking n00b kid, who just started.

Weed won't give you withdrawls that you can die from like hard drugs or Alcohol but you do get addicted

I known plenty of people who are way too dependent on it that it affects their lives...I known people who stop weed and actually get way too aggressive and just crave it...it's like any other addiction, eating fatty foods, etc.

As for if Weed is harder to quit..it probably was for Jon Jones....He just drank on weekends...he went hard but he didn't wake up as an alcoholic, wanting to drink eachday...he drank to fit in and let loose.

Weed on the other hand, he did every day...3x times a day....Sorry but for him, it was obviously harder to quit weed.

Back