Weed is harder to quit than alcohol - Jon Jones

Potheads that think they're geniuses when they smoke weed are insufferable, so are the people who enjoy it by sitting there and spacing out like retards.
Both are me
At the same damn time
<13>

Lol its really funny how triggered sherdog gets whenever someone says something bad about their favorite drug.

"b-but weed isn't addictive!!!"
Yeah that's one of the dumbest statements people ever make.

Also the distinction between physiological and psychological addiction is way more complex than just saying "marijuana isn't physically addictive"

Alcohol withdrawals are real.

Do you know how heavy of a drinker you have to be in order to get withdrawals that can seriously harm you? Getting black out drunk on the weekends isn't going to cause physical alcohol withdrawals. You need to be drinking like a fifth a day to get to that level.

A lot of potheads will tend to smoke it throughout the day and kind of always be high. Once you get used to doing that and you quit it makes you really irritable. It's not like you are going to get a seizure or anything, but having a dependency on pot is a real thing.

I smoke once in a great while these days, but when I was in High School up until I was about 20 I used to be a daily smoker. I quit before I joined the Army and it sucked. Especially when people were smoking around me.

Agreed. Although a lot of people say "it's not addictive" when the argument of whether it should be legal or not is brought up. It probably shouldn't be illegal, but I still look down on people that smoke that shit non stop. Potheads that think they're geniuses when they smoke weed are insufferable, so are the people who enjoy it by sitting there and spacing out like retards.

It's really one of the least harmless vices out there, so I'm not bothered by people who choose to do it a lot, as long as they don't let that negatively affect others. Lazy people like it because it makes being lazy more fun, it really makes anything you're doing more fun. Personally I smoke before I work & exercise and it makes those activities more enjoyable and less of a hassle to do. Weed isn't for everybody, and it can be bad for some people (like anything can be), but for those who know how to use it properly it's really a perfectly fine thing to do.

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.

I know. Still a dumb thing to insist when it's addictive as fuck in general. The fact that there's nothing physically addicting in it doesn't really mean anything.

I never found it addictive, and I smoked a metric fuckton.

As I got older, I smoked less and less, until one day I realized I wasn't smoking at all any more.

In all the years I smoked marijuana, I never once had a "holy crap I need some" moment. Not once. As a cigarette smoker, I had that feeling twenty times a day.

So when I say I wouldn't call marijuana addictive, that's where I'm coming from. Make of it what you will.

I'm sure he quit smoking...
giphy.gif

Do you know how heavy of a drinker you have to be in order to get withdrawals that can seriously harm you? Getting black out drunk on the weekends isn't going to cause physical alcohol withdrawals. You need to be drinking like a fifth a day to get to that level.

Weed on the other hand people tend to smoke it throughout the day and kind of always be high. Once you get used to doing that and you quit it makes you really crabby. It's not like you are going to get a seizure or anything, but having a dependency on pot is a real thing.

I smoke once in a great while these days, but when I was in High School up until I was about 20 I used to be a daily smoker. I quit before I joined the Army and it sucked. Especially when people were smoking around me.

I know. My point was, if you're truly addicted to alcohol, you will get withdrawals. Jones isn't as addicted to alcohol as he thinks he was. He probably wasn't. He just got drunk on the weekends.

The point is, if you're addicted to both Liquor and weed, liquors wayyyy harder to quit.

i wouldnt know, ive never quit weed. also i have only drank like 5 times in my life, and it sucked each time so its w.e. i tihnk alcoholics are pretty lame.

How dare he have a different experience with the drug and find it addictive. Blasphemy! lol weed has become like a religion to people like Rogan. They actually get mad when someone says its addictive.

Weed on the other hand people tend to smoke it throughout the day and kind of always be high. Once you get used to doing that and you quit it makes you really crabby. It's not like you are going to get a seizure or anything, but having a dependency on pot is a real thing.

Yeah doing it all day every day is a bad idea, but that's really the case with most things that people do for fun.

Yeah that's one of the dumbest statements people ever make.

Also the distinction between physiological and psychological addiction is way more complex than just saying "marijuana isn't physically addictive"

Some people are addicted to tearing out their own hair, fact.

You can be psychologically addicted to just about anything. You can only be physically addicted to something that's physically addictive. Marijuana isn't physically addictive.

I know. My point was, if you're truly addicted to alcohol, you will get withdrawals. Jones isn't as addicted to alcohol as he thinks he was. He probably wasn't. He just got drunk on the weekends.

The point is, if you're addicted to both Liquor and weed, liquors wayyyy harder to quit.

I quoted you on accident there, but I do agree.

I'd say Weed is harder to quit because it's easier to enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back