Weed is harder to quit than alcohol - Jon Jones

I know. Still a dumb thing to insist when it's addictive as fuck in general. The fact that there's nothing physically addicting in it doesn't really mean anything.
describing it like that is over playing it...especially in comparision to drugs like cocaine, Heroin, Tobacco and alcohol

if you have something to take your mind off of being high weed isnt hard to move past at all((other than how great it is))

with physically addictive drugs the crave is real, people will rob cheat and steal and other things to get their fixes in, it takes hold of you until fulfilling that craving is predominant in your thinking and always lingering in your mind, not to mention the actual physical side effects that just arent there with kicking weed, putting it in the same category as the others or even trying to put it into the same light IMO severely overstates the reality

If people think you can not get addicted to smoking weed - you're completely wrong. Certain people get psychologically addicted and become dependent on it.

Certain people get psychologically addicted to posting on Sherdog and become dependent on it.

That's unfortunate. Maybe if you did you would start questing why you obsessively post on this forum.

You sound upset that I have a job where I can afford to shitpost on the internet while you slave away and complain about how hateful everyone is on a MMA website

You sound upset that I have a job where I can afford to shitpost on the internet while you slave away and complain about how hateful everyone is on a MMA website
Jokes on you, literally 99% of my posting is done while I work. Including now.

I still gave away more money to charity than you earned last year

Giving away money, what a chump.
GIF--laughing-funny-LOL-haha-hehe-hilarious-fun-happy-laugh-Charlton-Heston-Planet-of-the-Apes-GIF.gif

Only thing worse than a tweed addiction is a McGregor addiction lol

I've lost friends to alcohol, heroin, meth and crack
havent lost a friend yet to the sacred erb

Vaporizing is where it's at tho, smoking is horrible for your health . I'm about 9 months now only vaporizing and I feel fucking great

And if you are a cancer patient like me it might just save your life

Balance and moderation is key to everything in life

Many years ago a great friend of mine was in chemo. We used to take him out to my van, get him completely baked, and get him back to his hospital room to watch The Simpsons.

I can believe that man. Even nicotine, I vape after smoking for 16 years, is so hard for me to get off of...and the physical withdrawal symptoms are pathetically weak compared to alcohol or even caffeine. If I don't drink caffeine I get a massive headache, if I don't vape I get a craving for nicotine. I have my ritual with the hand to mouth motion and a drink of water or beer, and I feel incomplete without that ritual. I don't feel near as bad about vaping as I did about smoking cigarettes, but I am horribly mentally addicted to the whole shebang.

I LOVE coffee - I straight even the taste with nothing added, and the darker the better, but I'm very careful about my intake to prevent becoming dependent on it. I have a day or two every week where I don't drink it, and even if I do have it on days off I drink less than during the work week, where I try to not have more than one cup a day.

I was drinking 2+ cups a day for awhile and not sleeping enough, and the withdrawals were awful when I stopped.

I LOVE coffee - I straight even the taste with nothing added, and the darker the better, but I'm very careful about my intake to prevent becoming dependent on it. I have a day or two every week where I don't drink it, and even if I do have it on days off I drink less than during the work week, where I try to not have more than one cup a day.

I was drinking 2+ cups a day for awhile and not sleeping enough, and the withdrawals were awful when I stopped.

That's pretty cool, good thinking. I don't mind being addicted to some stuff, like nicotine and caffeine. I really like them, they're not hurting me, so it doesn't bother me.

You can get psychologically addicted to ANYTHING you enjoy doing on routine and form a dependency. It doesn't even have to be a substance. It could be an activity. For instance I'm having trouble getting over that I can't go for a sweet bike ride after work anymore due to the weather. It was built into my daily routine, and I really fucking loved doing it. I've had to find other things to occupy my time and will have to for the next few months. Weed really isn't much different at all.

Point being, if you claim you're addicted to weed, you're simply just being a total pussy.

Yes, you can become addicted to almost anything - I know but I disagree that it makes you a total pussy because your implying it is easy and effortless to stop from chronic use and comparing it to cycling a bike. Your comparison has many more differences than similarities.

People that have ended up in daily chronic use for whatever reason (thinking its easy to stop) do not smoke weed to get "high", they smoke to feel baseline, normal and for many people it is not an enjoyable experience; smoking but they continue because of their addiction. Addictions are very complicated but being addicted to a drug is v.different from doing a sport daily.

To laugh at an addiction as something trival and unimportant is wrong. Weed has real withdrawl symptoms from chronic use, people become dependent to feel somewhat normal, users have to increase in take for desired effect and in many has unhealthy side-effects such a paranoia, rerespiratory issues & the early onset of mental illness.

If it was easy and completely safe there wouldn't be countless people looking for help on reddit, at AA meetings (desperate to quit), and drug forums. To say you are a pussy for being unable or struggle to stop the daily use of a drug, is highlighting the dangerous issue of ignorance surrounding weed because it is socially acceptable in many places. Just because some people can touch without issue, doesn't meant it hasn't destroyed people caught in chronic addiction. It has and to highlight that it can't or won't puts uninformed people at risk.

Back