We Did Not Evolve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody have any links to pages where scientists have observed,tested and retested evolution??? Thanks

This does not prove evolution though. Stop telling me to "learn about blah blah before saying it can't happen". You obviously have no real idea what you are talking about. And are clearly just splattering any crap you find on Google or whatever search your using.
Variations of a kind of animal does not prove evolution. Just like a black, chinese,white,arab etc human does not prove evolution. You should just stay out of my thread seeing as you do nothing but talk shit.

Well, if I were to sterilize everyone who wasnt 100% black, would you agree with me that every human born after that would be black aswell (apart from the occasional albino)?
I'd say that thats pretty much evolution for ya.

Well, if I were to sterilize everyone who wasnt 100% black, would you agree with me that every human born after that would be black aswell (apart from the occasional albino)?

No point in responding to the banned.

That's not evolution. That's (unnatural) selection.

And after enough generations, every human born after would not necessarily be black.

That's not evolution. That's (unnatural) selection.

And after enough generations, every human born after would not necessarily be black.

Way off subject and totally pointless, but is there an official scientific definition of "unnatural" as opposed to "natural".

How would one scientifically delineate between the influence of, for example, the construction of a termite mounds influences on it's surrounding environment, and the influences of human society on it's surrounding environment?

Because if our DNA was 100% different to other primates it would be strong evidence AGAINST evolution. Being so similar, it is strong evidence FOR evolution. (I somehow feel that if our DNA was 100% different to primates, you would claim that as evidence for a designer, aswell.)

The post you are replying to addresses the point you are making again.

Again I'll say, how do you assume it evidence for common ancestor RATHER THAN evidence for a common designer?

I know, I don't know why I posted that.

Aren't you at least supposed to pretend you're not a new account?

You mean by having a different user name or something?

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

Given our short lifetimes, it's difficult to test processes which take place over millions of years. So if that's your objection, save it.

There is no known limit to micro-evolution.

Agreed, but nowhere in that link does it say evolution is a fact.

If you can send me a link that scientists say evolution is fact that would be greatly appreciated. Not saying you personally have said this as fact but there have been some in this forum that have. Thanks

If you can send me a link that scientists say evolution is fact that would be greatly appreciated. Not saying you personally have said this as fact but there have been some in this forum that have. Thanks

Get ready for "Science does not deal in facts, only evidence".

SHOW US THE EVIDENCE THAT SOLELY SUPPORTS EVOLUTION OVER DESIGN!!!!!!!

Way off subject and totally pointless, but is there an official scientific definition of "unnatural" as opposed to "natural".

How would one scientifically delineate between the influence of, for example, the construction of a termite mounds influences on it's surrounding environment, and the influences of human society on it's surrounding environment?
I see a difference when people intentionally prevent a subgroup from breeding, ie selective breeding.

I totally understand your point. As far as I am concerned, people are natural. We can actually change the forces of nature and we influence and effect the environment daily. On the other hand we can breed dogs, which I would consider unnatural selection. I'm not sure where hunting would fit on this continuum. Or say we hunted an animal into extinction and by doing so upset an ecosystem, causing other extinctions. Natural or unnatural? I don't know.

I see a difference when people intentionally prevent a subgroup from breeding, ie selective breeding.

I totally understand your point. As far as I am concerned, people are natural. We can actually change the forces of nature and we influence and effect the environment daily. On the other hand we can breed dogs, which I would consider unnatural selection. I'm not sure where hunting would fit on this continuum. Or say we hunted an animal into extinction and by doing so upset an ecosystem, causing other extinctions. Natural or unnatural? I don't know.

Either way, they would still only be humans. They wouldn't have evolved into anything or have any new features.

Evolution as a fact and a theory

Evolution--the process by which the genetic composition of a population changes over time--is a FACT.

* This process is all that is required to produce the diversity and similarity of all life on this planet today.

* Evolution has occurred; it still is occurring; it has been directly observed, documented, demonstrated, and described. Supporting evidence for it is overwhelming (and obtained from a wide range of scientific fields).

The mechanisms by which evolution occurs (e.g., natural selection, mutation, genetic drift) are presented as SCIENTIFIC THEORIES.

* Several theories have been proposed and debated. It is far from clear how evolution proceeds in every detail.

In summary, Darwin established the FACT of evolution, and proposed a THEORY, natural selection, to explain the mechanism of evolution. http://www.life.uiuc.edu/bio100/lectures/sp98lects/25s98evidence.html

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fact.html
http://atheism.about.com/b/a/053008.htm

Get ready for "Science does not deal in facts, only evidence".

SHOW US THE EVIDENCE THAT SOLELY SUPPORTS EVOLUTION OVER DESIGN!!!!!!!

I can't and never said I could, nor can anyone else. I couldn't care less what people believe I just don't think people should claim evolution as fact like so many people do.

Evolution as a fact and a theory

Evolution--the process by which the genetic composition of a population changes over time--is a FACT.

* This process is all that is required to produce the diversity and similarity of all life on this planet today.

* Evolution has occurred; it still is occurring; it has been directly observed, documented, demonstrated, and described. Supporting evidence for it is overwhelming (and obtained from a wide range of scientific fields).

The mechanisms by which evolution occurs (e.g., natural selection, mutation, genetic drift) are presented as SCIENTIFIC THEORIES.

* Several theories have been proposed and debated. It is far from clear how evolution proceeds in every detail.

In summary, Darwin established the FACT of evolution, and proposed a THEORY, natural selection, to explain the mechanism of evolution. http://www.life.uiuc.edu/bio100/lectures/sp98lects/25s98evidence.html

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/evolution-fact.html
http://atheism.about.com/b/a/053008.htm

I think a good analogy is gravity.

Gravity has been a known fact for hundreds of years. We know that it exists.
The actual mechanics behind how gravity operates is a very modern understanding.

We know living things tend to evolve. Yet we are still learning details on how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back