Law Washington State Police Chief Vows Zero Enforcement of Newly Passed Gun Controls

Its noteworthy to me seeing this is a police chief making an official and public declaration regarding a refusal to enforce this new bit of legislation. The size of his township is immaterial to that in this context.
Just adding some context.

If Chief Wiggum wants to be a conscientious objector over enforcement of a particular enacted law that is his prerogative and more power to him. But it also means he needs to step down as he is refusing to perform the duties that he swore to uphold.

But this guy really just wants to play God with the will of the people and the courts. And to that I say, "Fuck you, lawman."
Do you hold the same view of sanctuary cities?

The officials allowing sanctuary cities are "contentious objectors over enforcement of a particular enacted law" just as much, if not more so than the Police Chief in question.

I fully expect to be able to walk through main street in this town with a loaded M240 like I'm fucking Rambo and the police won't do a thing.

After all, the sherrif says any restrictions on the bearing of arms is unconstitutional.

Do you hold the same view of sanctuary cities?

The officials allowing sanctuary cities are "contentious objectors over enforcement of a particular enacted law" just as much, if not more so than the Police Chief in question.

I do not support law enforcement discrimination of any kind. If you can't uphold the laws as written, resign in protest.

Typical of these conservative types. They are all about "law and order" until its something they don't like. IT is his JOB to enforce the laws of his county. If he doesn't like the laws, he should just quit

I fully expect to be able to walk through main street in this town with a loaded M240 like I'm fucking Rambo and the police won't do a thing.

After all, the sherrif says any restrictions on the bearing of arms is unconstitutional.

You'd blow your head off trying to load it.

hardcut to 3 years later when the rightwing forgets this and just remembers gun control was passed and then crime went up.

I do not support law enforcement discrimination of any kind. If you can't uphold the laws as written, resign in protest.
I don't mind them being able to use some discretion. Brown bag drinking, for example.

In most cases you might be right, but in this instance the Police Chief has the precedent of Marbury vs. Madison backing him up.

This initiative would make it illegal for a person under 21 years of age to buy a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle. It would make it illegal for any person to sell or transfer a semiautomatic assault rifle to a person under age 21. The initiative would prohibit a person between the ages of 18 and 21 from possessing a semiautomatic assault rifle except in the person’s residence, fixed place of business, on real property under his or her control, or for other specified purposes.

Ah, the erosion of constitutional rights for 18 years old adults continues.

Ah, the erosion of constitutional rights for 18 years old adults continues.

As someone that just bought a C+C firearm for his stepdaughter when she turned 18 and could carry in a huge city, shit like this scares the hell out of me. I know the odds of her NEEDING it and having to use it are slim, but I would rather she have the tool and never need it then need the tool and never have it.

WtF is a semiautomatic assault rifle?

Typical of these conservative types. They are all about "law and order" until its something they don't like. IT is his JOB to enforce the laws of his county. If he doesn't like the laws, he should just quit

The supreme law of the land is the US Constitution.

Your fake laws don't count.

Common sense law passed, police chief vows not to enforce law.

Murica

The problem here is that the left is insane. Once they have the numbers and power they will attempt to do it. Look at Canada as a perfect example of what happens when the left gains power. They are attempting to ban hand guns and semi automatic firearms.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...force-gun-owners-sell-assault-weapons-n871066
WASHINGTON — A Democratic congressman has proposed outlawing “military-style semiautomatic assault weapons” and forcing existing owners to sell their weapons or face prosecution, a major departure from prior gun control proposals that typically exempt existing firearms.

In a USA Today op-ed entitled “Ban assault weapons, buy them back, go after resisters,” Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., argued Thursday that prior proposals to ban assault weapons “would leave millions of assault weapons in our communities for decades to come.”

DsPQeX5U0AAXagF.jpg:large

^:FACEPALM: what a stupid thing to say .. and he actually still has that tweet up .. clueless

In most cases you might be right, but in this instance the Police Chief has the precedent of Marbury vs. Madison backing him up.

When Chief Wiggum becomes a federal judge I will gladly entertain his opinion on Marbury vs. Madison.

Back