Law Washington State Police Chief Vows Zero Enforcement of Newly Passed Gun Controls

As someone that just bought a C+C firearm for his stepdaughter when she turned 18 and could carry in a huge city, shit like this scares the hell out of me. I know the odds of her NEEDING it and having to use it are slim, but I would rather she have the tool and never need it then need the tool and never have it.

If there were data supporting the fact that more guns owned by 18 year old's cause accidental injury or death than are used in self-defense would it change your opinion?

The supreme law of the land is the US Constitution.

Your fake laws don't count.

The guy can't pick and choose which state-level laws he enforces. If he doesn't want to enforce the laws of his state, he should quit.

When Chief Wiggum becomes a federal judge I will gladly entertain his opinion on Marbury vs. Madison.
The Police Chief's department is already subject to the precedent set by Marbury vs. Madison:

“a law repugnant to the Constitution is void, and courts, as well as other departments, are bound by that instrument.”

Marbury vs. Madison

We actually have a way to deal with that. It's called the judicial branch.

Maybe you missed 6th grade but the way our system works the legislature passes laws, the courts interpret them and determine if they're Constitutional. The executive branch enforces them.

Seems like a better system than letting rogue cops ruling on what laws they agree with.

Or maybe not
pgreojP.jpg
what's your take on sanctuary cities?

The problem here is that the left is insane. Once they have the numbers and power they will attempt to do it. Look at Canada as a perfect example of what happens when the left gains power. They are attempting to ban hand guns and semi automatic firearms.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...force-gun-owners-sell-assault-weapons-n871066
WASHINGTON — A Democratic congressman has proposed outlawing “military-style semiautomatic assault weapons” and forcing existing owners to sell their weapons or face prosecution, a major departure from prior gun control proposals that typically exempt existing firearms.

In a USA Today op-ed entitled “Ban assault weapons, buy them back, go after resisters,” Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., argued Thursday that prior proposals to ban assault weapons “would leave millions of assault weapons in our communities for decades to come.”

DsPQeX5U0AAXagF.jpg:large

A sitting elected offical just threatened his domestic political opposition with a nuclear strike.

This is a scandal of the highest order.

Unfortunately, the media will cover for him.

The guy can't pick and choose which state-level laws he enforces. If he doesn't want to enforce the laws of his state, he should quit.

You know the state constitution also guarantees the right to bear arms.

Washington
Last updated October 29, 2018.

Article I, Section 24 of the Washington State Constitution states: “[t]he right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/state-right-to-bear-arms-in-washington/

Is the state constitution not the supreme law of Washington state?

In today's extreme environment you can't give the left an inch because they're looking to take miles. There should only be talks when sanity is restored.
"Today's extreme environment" has been this way for decades of todays

You know the state constitution also guarantees the right to bear arms.

Washington
Last updated October 29, 2018.

Article I, Section 24 of the Washington State Constitution states: “[t]he right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/state-right-to-bear-arms-in-washington/

Is the state constitution not the supreme law of Washington state?

Again, the guy can't pick and choose what laws he wants to enforce. No court has ruled against the new law. Any action by a state legislature is presumed constitutional:

A legislative enactment is presumed constitutional, and the parties challenging it must prove it violates the Constitution beyond a reasonable doubt. State v. Myles, 127 Wash.2d 807, 812, 903 P.2d 979 (1995); State v. Ward,123 Wash.2d 488, 496, 869 P.2d 1062 (1994); City of Spokane v. Douglass, 115 Wash.2d 171, 177, 795 P.2d 693 (1990); State v. Brayman, 110 Wash.2d 183, 193, 751 P.2d 294 (1988); State v. Maciolek, 101 Wash.2d 259, 263, 676 P.2d 996 (1984). If possible, a court will construe a legislative enactment so as to render it constitutional. State v. Reyes, 104 Wash.2d 35, 40, 700 P.2d 1155 (1985).

So this guy enforces the constitution above junk laws?

True patriot.

Again, the guy can't pick and choose what laws he wants to enforce. No court has ruled against the new law. Any action by a state legislature is presumed constitutional:

A legislative enactment is presumed constitutional, and the parties challenging it must prove it violates the Constitution beyond a reasonable doubt. State v. Myles, 127 Wash.2d 807, 812, 903 P.2d 979 (1995); State v. Ward,123 Wash.2d 488, 496, 869 P.2d 1062 (1994); City of Spokane v. Douglass, 115 Wash.2d 171, 177, 795 P.2d 693 (1990); State v. Brayman, 110 Wash.2d 183, 193, 751 P.2d 294 (1988); State v. Maciolek, 101 Wash.2d 259, 263, 676 P.2d 996 (1984). If possible, a court will construe a legislative enactment so as to render it constitutional. State v. Reyes, 104 Wash.2d 35, 40, 700 P.2d 1155 (1985).

Those are the rules as long as you maintain legitimacy. The rules change when you don't.

You can tell me all day long that saying a adult, with full legal protections, that happens to be 20, instead of 22, is not and I quote....."[t]he right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself.", but that just isn't reality.

King or court, a lie is a lie, and the emporer is wearing no clothes.

The left has been pretty active lately trying to ban guns all over the world.
The left is always active about gun control, it's part of what they figure their voters want. Again, for decades. Especially since, oh, Columbine.

My own opinion is better enforcement of laws that already exist. And psychological studies.

The Police Chief's department is already subject to the precedent set by Marbury vs. Madison:

“a law repugnant to the Constitution is void, and courts, as well as other departments, are bound by that instrument.”

Marbury vs. Madison

lol Stick to peanut farming, Jimmy.

Those are the rules as long as you maintain legitimacy. The rules change when you don't.

You can tell me all day long that saying a adult, with full legal protections, that happens to be 20, instead of 22, is not and I quote....."[t]he right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself.", but that just isn't reality.

King or court, a lie is a lie, and the emporer is wearing no clothes.

Lets take a look at the full law here:

Washington: The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.​

I don't think you understand that the law assumes a certain degree of common sense. A citizen can be an infant, or an 80 year old and all ages in between. Should a 10-year be able to purchase guns for self defense. Should an inmate? Should someone who wears "Im going to shoot up a school" shirt everyday be allowed to purchase a gun?

If there were data supporting the fact that more guns owned by 18 year old's cause accidental injury or death than are used in self-defense would it change your opinion?

Knowing where she lives and the crime rates of that area, hell no. National statistics mean nothing for small areas. Her father and I spent a lot of time explaining and teaching her firearm safety, she picked the firearm out herself, and I didn't give it to her until she felt comfortable carrying and using it. It's not like I just bought her a 50 Deagle and said 'HAVE FUN!'. She knows when to carry it, when to leave it home, and she knows damn well that if she pulls it out she had better be prepared to pull the trigger. I'm a redneck, I ain't a fucking retard. And neither is she.

Common sense law passed, police chief vows not to enforce law.

Murica

What exactly about this law is, "common sense"?

No. Seriously.

1) This law is aimed at "semiauto assault rifles". Which, if you or any of these lawmakers would look at the actual statistics, would realize that rifles (of any kind) are used in an EXPONENTIALLY LOW PERCENTAGE OF FIREARM HOMICIDES. Hint: It's the handguns, dummy.

2) The language of the law allows that a criminal can commit a crime against me (stealing my firearms) and then commit a crime, I am now guilty of a crime? Hint: Apply this logic to other property. ie - a car.

3) From the arguments they state that 7 out of 10 school shootings are under the age of 18 but they want to raise the legal limit to purchase from 18 to 21. LOL. Hint: If the people using them are underage already it doesn't make sense to raise the age limit further.

Where is the common sense exactly?

Typical of these conservative types. They are all about "law and order" until its something they don't like. IT is his JOB to enforce the laws of his county. If he doesn't like the laws, he should just quit

So the feds should enforce the weed laws.

All cops should enforce all laws as written.

Drunk in public laws, speeding and all other laws.

Back