Was watching PREDATOR the other day..

Everything you said was an obvious, on the surface, in your face, no inference needed parr of the movie that required no inference. You sound a little special forces.

latest

This is still my favourite image of the Predator. From all the various movies.
Its fantastic.

The predator from 2nd movie is more fearsome though. I dont think any of the new designs are as good as first two.

They really made you want mac to get his revenge. But he doesnt get no shot. He gets killed in hiding before he got to even get a chance. Fuck.
He didn’t have him some fun

10/10 for watching predator, and posting about predator, and urging people to watch predator.

10/10 for watching predator, and posting about predator, and urging people to watch predator.
Im gonna watch it again this week.

Oleg and Machete are the only dudes in any of the other movies who could have hung w the bros in the first movie.

predador-vai-se-passar-nos-dias-atuais.jpg

Cos im an American,and a man,no other reason. For some reason i paid more attention to the plot then i usually do.

So Dillon doin some recon shit past the border where he aint supposed to be doin shit. His CIA dudes 'chopper gets shot down by the guerillas,and they take the men hostage.

Dillon sends a special forces group of 6 men in to get them,but they all get wasted by the Predator.

Dillon sends Arnolds team in with a cooked up story. They find three of the corpses of the special forces group skinned and hanging from trees.

Arnold asks what about the rest,and Billy says "Theres no signs. They never left here. Hell,its like they just fuckin disappeared"

I never gave much thought to that before,but i started thinkin,well wtf happened to those guys,and it would seem that the Predator doesnt skin guys who actually take the fight to him in some kinda way. In Predator 2,king willie didnt run from death,he held his ground. Predator took his skull. The rest of those guys he killed in the penthouse,he skinned and hung them. So im guessing 3 of those guys went down like savages and predator took their skulls.

Later in the movie Predator starts really racking up the kill points. Mac spots the predator in the trees and shows Dillon where he is. Dillon says "Ok ill flush him out towards you and you nail him" and then dillon goes for his outflanking move. We all know the Predator has thermal vision,and probably saw them the whole time. No one in the movie ever figures this out really,so those two guys are doomed from the start. The predator just goes and kills Mac as soon as Dillon seperates from him,and then kills Dillon. Billy stands his ground and gets killed,and then pred shoots poncho in the head,and this is where Arnie jumps off the mountain into the water.

We all know Arnie gets covered in mud and pred cant see him. Watching this again,i realize when the Pred realizes he cant find him,he goes back up the mountain and retrieves the bodies of the slain and takes the trophies he wants. They show him taking Billys skull. Its pretty creepy to think about him going back up there to collect the trophies. Movies like this seem simple enough but back then the details put into even a movie like this is 10000 times better than any shit from today.

Watch this movie right now. The fuck.

predator.png

the predator is a dick.
using advanced weaponry while standing at 8ft tall, weighing 300lbs, using invisibility and thermal vision.
real fair fight/hunt!
the jon jones of the sci-fi world.

what is everyone's best-to-worst list?

1. predator
2. predator 2
3. predators
4. avp
5. avp:r

the predator is a dick.
using advanced weaponry while standing at 8ft tall, weighing 300lbs, using invisibility and thermal vision.
real fair fight/hunt!
the jon jones of the sci-fi world.
Nah not true. He weeds out the weak until a cormier reveals himself and then offloads his Peds.

what is everyone's best-to-worst list?

1. predator
2. predator 2
3. predators
4. avp
5. avp:r
Avp r is so bad it shouldnt be here. Avp vs predators is tough cos avp got lance henriksen.

Love that movie. My favorite Arnold movie. I also appreciate how well the movie aged, in particular the iconic predator design. I think most creature designs from B level sci-fi action flicks from the 80s (or any era) wouldn't age well but the predator still looks cool. Same goes for the Xenomorph, which is even older.

Love that movie. My favorite Arnold movie. I also appreciate how well the movie aged, in particular the iconic predator design. I think most creature designs from B level sci-fi action flicks from the 80s (or any era) wouldn't age well but the predator still looks cool. Same goes for the Xenomorph, which is even older.
The fx hold up well too.

Nah not true. He weeds out the weak until a cormier reveals himself and then offloads his Peds.

Avp r is so bad it shouldnt be here. Avp vs predators is tough cos avp got lance henriksen.

well, in the first movie, arnold was only able to figure out/survive/continue the battle because of sheer luck with crawling through the mud. the predator was juicing the whole time.

and yeah, avpr is pure garbage.

well, in the first movie, arnold was only able to figure out/survive/continue the battle because of sheer luck with crawling through the mud. the predator was juicing the whole time.

and yeah, avpr is pure garbage.
The pred took off his helmet and shoulder cannon. Its also fighting many guys at once in an unfamiliar enviornment. In the 2nd film those cia bitches even knew it had thermal vision and packed the slaughterhouse w dust so he couldnt cloak and he still went fedor vs nogueira on those fools.

predador-vai-se-passar-nos-dias-atuais.jpg

Cos im an American,and a man,no other reason. For some reason i paid more attention to the plot then i usually do.

So Dillon doin some recon shit past the border where he aint supposed to be doin shit. His CIA dudes 'chopper gets shot down by the guerillas,and they take the men hostage.

Dillon sends a special forces group of 6 men in to get them,but they all get wasted by the Predator.

Dillon sends Arnolds team in with a cooked up story. They find three of the corpses of the special forces group skinned and hanging from trees.

Arnold asks what about the rest,and Billy says "Theres no signs. They never left here. Hell,its like they just fuckin disappeared"

I never gave much thought to that before,but i started thinkin,well wtf happened to those guys,and it would seem that the Predator doesnt skin guys who actually take the fight to him in some kinda way. In Predator 2,king willie didnt run from death,he held his ground. Predator took his skull. The rest of those guys he killed in the penthouse,he skinned and hung them. So im guessing 3 of those guys went down like savages and predator took their skulls.

Later in the movie Predator starts really racking up the kill points. Mac spots the predator in the trees and shows Dillon where he is. Dillon says "Ok ill flush him out towards you and you nail him" and then dillon goes for his outflanking move. We all know the Predator has thermal vision,and probably saw them the whole time. No one in the movie ever figures this out really,so those two guys are doomed from the start. The predator just goes and kills Mac as soon as Dillon seperates from him,and then kills Dillon. Billy stands his ground and gets killed,and then pred shoots poncho in the head,and this is where Arnie jumps off the mountain into the water.

We all know Arnie gets covered in mud and pred cant see him. Watching this again,i realize when the Pred realizes he cant find him,he goes back up the mountain and retrieves the bodies of the slain and takes the trophies he wants. They show him taking Billys skull. Its pretty creepy to think about him going back up there to collect the trophies. Movies like this seem simple enough but back then the details put into even a movie like this is 10000 times better than any shit from today.

Watch this movie right now. The fuck.

predator.png

check this out analysis, you might like it:

The pred took off his helmet and shoulder cannon. Its also fighting many guys at once in an unfamiliar enviornment. In the 2nd film those cia bitches even knew it had thermal vision and packed the slaughterhouse w dust so he couldnt cloak and he still went fedor vs nogueira on those fools.

sounds like you're cool with jon jones' eye pokes and all other dirty tactics! :cool:

Omg. Omg im so not. Maybe the Predator in predator was kinda a dick.

But I love him,so there.

Fuck Jon Jones,man.

no doubt.

Arnold is the most austrian american soldier ever,and mostly all he does is make intiuitive observations. Its mac who has the emotional weight of revenge and Dillon who shows the disbelief of what it is they are really dealing with,feeding arnold that stuff so he can work off of it. I mean this is brilliantly put together.

Arnold cleans up in the end by being the solitary bad ass lone survivor. I didnt even get mad when he makes some jokes when fighting the predator hand to hand,cos the movie gets so dark with no dialogue for a long time. Another thing you dont get w movies these days.

Indeed, you have an X-files like situation with Mac and Dillion as the driven believer and the hardened cynic.

Again I think a film like Predator is actually much more ambitious cinema than the action lable makes it, the sequel is pretty good if obviously pulpier but the problem with so much of whats followed in the franchise is that its just less ambitious trashier cinema.

Its I think taken a couple of decades for that era of action cinema to really get the respect it deserved.

Indeed, you have an X-files like situation with Mac and Dillion as the driven believer and the hardened cynic.

Again I think a film like Predator is actually much more ambitious cinema than the action lable makes it, the sequel is pretty good if obviously pulpier but the problem with so much of whats followed in the franchise is that its just less ambitious trashier cinema.

Its I think taken a couple of decades for that era of action cinema to really get the respect it deserved.
Yes the reviews at the time pretty much say its just a well made action film. So many films like that in the 80s,and yes they were made better than today,but predator really stands out as one of the very best in the long run. A timeless classic.

Omg. Omg im so not. Maybe the Predator in predator was kinda a dick.

But I love him,so there.

Fuck Jon Jones,man.

i only kid of course, but the predator is a very interesting alien/idea.

for one, it parallels the power disparity between hunter and prey and thus the movie can open up an in-depth discussion to the limits and ethics of hunting.

on the other end, it begs the question as to how such an advanced space-faring alien race that seems preoccupied with killing can have evolved. little is known. perhaps on their home planet, there are vegan/progressive predators with their own PETA campaigning against the predators we see in the movie lol

Back