Was Bubba the most overrated TUF fighter ever?

There have been a ton of tough talkers on the show that didn't live up to their own hype. Junie, Yaegar, Jeremy May, Melvin, etc.

I agree with earlier posters that Whitehead and Gurgel were huge letdowns. Gurgel came in acting like he was practially the coach b/c he was Rich's main training guy. Whitehead came in as the easy favorite to win.

I also say that Kimbo was not overrated by anyone who knew anything about MMA. Most people assumed he would not win that season b/c he had such limited MMA experience. Roy was criminally underrated. I guess I understand why Evans had to pick McSweeny and Schaub before him....and I guess after watching Rampage we can tell he was/is a terrible evaluator of talent and didn't give a $hit about coaching on that show. But still, for Roy to get picked after 8 people was odd.

I don't think you understand what overrated actually mean .

The TUFer who was probably the second favorite that season and ended up 2nd after losing a close decision in the final?

yes. overrated as in went to the final, lost, got a contract anyway and then lost a majority of the fights after.

yes. overrated as in went to the final, lost, got a contract anyway and then lost a majority of the fights after.

Mostly by close decisions. He was only finished twice in the UFC and one was because of a cut which he later avenged. Sure, he was never championship material, but he was a solid fighter for a long time.

no I thought he was an asshole and he turned out to be a giant asshole

I didn't realize he was being hyped at all. So I'd say no. Hell, I'd say that guy he beat that wouldn't answer the bell for the 3rd round was more overrated.

And yeah. I too pegged Bubba as an asshole early on. I'm glad he went out looking like a coward.

The answer is clearly Kimbo.

And Bonnar won the third round against Jones. No one seems to ever remember that.

Back