War Room OT Discussion v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made a lifetime av bet that an admin said would be enforced

Lol, fair enough, I thought it was a multi-accounting issue.

But while we're here, what would happen if I had two accounts and used both of them to post here? What is my punishment?

Lol, fair enough, I thought it was a multi-accounting issue.

But while we're here, what would happen if I had two accounts and used both of them to post here? What is my punishment?

Depends on the situation but usually one or both are banned. The policy is one account per person. Please do not do dat.

Thanks, I was asking for a friend.

tenor.gif

Have zero interest in this fight but holy shit, 92 percent of bets are being laid on McGregor

Are people insane or am I missing something -- even with the odds, just seems crazy.

Have zero interest in this fight but holy shit, 92 percent of bets are being laid on McGregor

Are people insane or am I missing something -- even with the odds, just seems crazy.
Taking Mayweather at -400 against a man who doesn't even have a boxing record is actually a thing. And it's tightening up still. This fight is so crazy that ALL of the world's sharp gambling money could not correct the line. It's the most insane thing I've ever seen. There has to be more money on this than any fight in history, by tenfold.

Taking Mayweather at -400 against a man who doesn't even have a boxing record is actually a thing. And it's tightening up still. This fight is so crazy that ALL of the world's sharp gambling money could not correct the line. It's the most insane thing I've ever seen. There has to be more money on this than any fight in history, by tenfold.

Is the betting coming in on this fight projected to surpass the Manny/May fight?

I just feel like the whole world is just paying for the lead up and not really caring about the event. I also feel that between McGregor and Trump, white people haven't bought into this much bamboozled hype since Creed and Ace Of Base were considered bands.

Last I saw (from Matthew Holt), 91% of bets were on McGregor but 80% of money was on Mayweather. That's not from all books, though.

Is the betting coming in on this fight projected to surpass the Manny/May fight?

I just feel like the whole world is just paying for the lead up and not really caring about the event. I also feel that between McGregor and Trump, white people haven't bought into this much bamboozled hype since Creed and Ace Of Base were considered bands.
I haven't seen anything written re: Manny/May, just going by the outrageous line. Smart money is so far from -400 that the total wagers have to be monstrous. It's hard to say exactly what it means if 80% of the $$ is on Mayweather. That sounds reasonable considering how long the line has been up and how far it has moved.

I haven't seen anything written re: Manny/May, just going by the outrageous line. Smart money is so far from -400 that the total wagers have to be monstrous. It's hard to say exactly what it means if 80% of the $$ is on Mayweather. That sounds reasonable considering how long the line has been up and how far it has moved.

When someone is a big favorite, it tends to attract some dumb bets on the underdog (people just figuring, "what the hell, you never know"). And then since this is such a big fight, I think there are more of those people.

Last I saw (from Matthew Holt), 91% of bets were on McGregor but 80% of money was on Mayweather. That's not from all books, though.

That makes more sense, I just heard about 93 percent of the bets being laid on McGregor -- but as you said, those could be low, "why not" bets.

Just seems asinine that this many people are buying into the McGregor hype in this fight. Definitely not getting my ppv money

When someone is a big favorite, it tends to attract some dumb bets on the underdog (people just figuring, "what the hell, you never know"). And then since this is such a big fight, I think there are more of those people.
I'm out at work as a combat sports fan, and people who I know have never had an interest in it have been asking about it and considering going to a bar. There was talk of buying a PPV. Spooky.

That makes more sense, I just heard about 93 percent of the bets being laid on McGregor -- but as you said, those could be low, "why not" bets.

Just seems asinine that this many people are buying into the McGregor hype in this fight. Definitely not getting my ppv money
Speaking to people who are total casuals to fight sports, I got the idea that the majority of people understand that McGregor loses because it's not his sport

I suppose enough people don't know and generally want to see the outcome, OR are not aware of the disparity in skill of this fight. They figure May wins but they don't understand that this fight should not even be sanctioned in the first place.

Oh yeah and the reason I clicked this thread was because Jon Jones pissed hot. lol.

Oh yeah and the reason I clicked this thread was because Jon Jones pissed hot. lol.
The conspiracy theories are already running wild. LOL. Jones just can't stop fucking up. He gave a really nice victory speech though.

Jee'zus

How many redemption chances is that guy going to throw away. He's looking at quite a ban, during a time in which he should be solidifying his legacy.

Baffling how someone can do so much to stifle their own life.

Jee'zus

How many redemption chances is that guy going to throw away. He's looking at quite a ban, during a time in which he should be solidifying his legacy.

Baffling how someone can do so much to stifle their own life.

Especially when they have that much talent. He won the lottery and set the pile on fire. Damn shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back