WAR ROOM LOUNGE V23: November Sixth LOOMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Mod Note: This thread is for a general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. We're out of toilet paper too. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click insert quote, and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Odd Note:
"

The final ballot-shower from East to West—the paradox and conflict,
The countless snow-flakes falling—(a swordless conflict,
Yet more than all Rome’s wars of old, or modern Napoleon’s)
the peaceful choice of all,
Or good or ill humanity—welcoming the darker odds, the dross:
—Foams and ferments the wine? it serves to purify—while the heart pants, life glows:
These stormy gusts and winds waft precious ships,
Swell’d Washington’s, Jefferson’s, Lincoln’s sails.

"
Walt Whitman

"
Time to go down to the basement for some more hauntingly delicious hanging chads!
― Count Chocula

Third time I have asked this imbecile in one day

He's persistent. I think this has been going on, what, a year and a half now?

After the Brock fight, my pipe dream is Fedor beats Bader then comes to the UFC to fight DC on his 40th birthday.

After the Brock fight, my pipe dream is Fedor beats Bader then comes to the UFC to fight DC on his 40th birthday.

Would be a dream come true. I would take Fedor over Bader.

Negged for using a Walt Whitman quote

Trump supporters have really gone off the deep end with this Pocahontas stuff.

I mean, it seems like the goal posts moved when that test result came out. But even if it came out that Warren wasn't at all native american, what would that make the ridiculous lie tally go to? 15,000 to Trump versus 10 for Warren?

Seems very bizarre to support what appears to be a pathological liar who lies virtually every day, contradicts himself with his own tweets for pretty much everything, then looking for some sort of "honesty victory" over someone for one thing.

Seems odd to be the truth police while supporting clearly the biggest bullshitter in Presidential history.

I mean, it seems like the goal posts moved when that test result came out. But even if it came out that Warren wasn't at all native american, what would that make the ridiculous lie tally go to? 15,000 to Trump versus 10 for Warren?

Seems very bizarre to support what appears to be a pathological liar who lies virtually every day, contradicts himself with his own tweets for pretty much everything, then looking for some sort of "honesty victory" over someone for one thing.

Seems odd to be the truth police while supporting clearly the biggest bullshitter in Presidential history.
not a cult tho

@AgonyandIrony I'd like to follow up on our discussion on Cormier/Couture and whose style could be called boring.

I think the excitement of Randy's fights came from the context of the matchup rather from the action in the fight itself in many cases. Randy kept taking on fighters who had some combination of being younger/bigger/faster/stronger and whooped them and that was the thrilling part about it. That being said, Randy basically had one path to victory, the Greco-Roman slow grind of death concussion from a thousand smacks to the skull method. His dirty boxing was effective, but his finishes were due more to his opponents being exhausted by Randy's conditioning and relentless attack than any one explosion of violence. Mind you I'm not calling Randy boring per se, but he wasn't one for explosive finishes.

Cormier on the other hand has enough stank on his punches to finish a heavyweight standing in any round, and just enough submission savvy to end a fight on the ground against a wounded opponent. Like last night he didn't spend five rounds grinding Lewis into the mat, he ended it early. I'd also say that Cormier's takedowns tend to be more explosive than Randy's clinch and sweep tendency. No disrespect to Randy at all, but I think Daniel has a somewhat more entertaining style.

Anyway whaddayathink?

@AgonyandIrony I'd like to follow up on our discussion on Cormier/Couture and whose style could be called boring.

I think the excitement of Randy's fights came from the context of the matchup rather from the action in the fight itself in many cases. Randy kept taking on fighters who had some combination of being younger/bigger/faster/stronger and whooped them and that was the thrilling part about it. That being said, Randy basically had one path to victory, the Greco-Roman slow grind of death concussion from a thousand smacks to the skull method. His dirty boxing was effective, but his finishes were due more to his opponents being exhausted by Randy's conditioning and relentless attack than any one explosion of violence. Mind you I'm not calling Randy boring per se, but he wasn't one for explosive finishes.

Cormier on the other hand has enough stank on his punches to finish a heavyweight standing in any round, and just enough submission savvy to end a fight on the ground against a wounded opponent. Like last night he didn't spend five rounds grinding Lewis into the mat, he ended it early. I'd also say that Cormier's takedowns tend to be more explosive than Randy's clinch and sweep tendency. No disrespect to Randy at all, but I think Daniel has a somewhat more entertaining style.

Anyway whaddayathink?

I suppose I was including the context of the match ups when I said Couture was more exciting. Him dropping and mauling Sylvia and mauling Gonzaga were imo more exciting fights all around.

He had a couple boring fights but the Tito fight was an absolute classic.

Of that era I also think Hughes gets slept on as a finisher and an exciting fighter. Hughes/Newton was the fight that got me into MMA and I loved his Trigg fights.

{<jimmies}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back