War Room Centrist Coalition - Roll Call!

Do you identify as a "centrist"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for an independent that joined the democratic party. Casting my vote for him, supports him. Especially in a state caucus you fucking clown. I'm also not sure why you keep using your edge-lord "sheep" vernacular.

Whoa there sheep boy, don't lash out at me because you followed the herd and voted Democrat. If you had morals (like myself, who has never once voted democrat), you wouldn't have ever casted that vote. But you did. Shame on you for being so tribal.

Including things like the color of your skin ?
Definitely not. I am just prodding. Freedom of religion has a lot of gray area in the concept but those who aren't religious tend to just not give a fuck and say fuck the religious, I don't care. The freedom to practice your religion is enshrined in our bill of rights. It's in the very first amendment. So what does that mean for religious people who own businesses and are forced to provide service to people practicing a way of life that's against their religion, and actually providing that service (in this instance a cake) is in direct violation of their religious moral code? What if their religion didn't want black people to be married and you were forced to provide a cake for their wedding? Obviously that would be a highly discriminatory religion, yet our bill of rights would protect it's practice? I just don't think there's any easy logical answer here.

Definitely not. I am just prodding. Freedom of religion has a lot of gray area in the concept but those who aren't religious tend to just not give a fuck and say fuck the religious, I don't care. The freedom to practice your religion is enshrined in our bill of rights. It's in the very first amendment. So what does that mean for religious people who own businesses and are forced to provide service to people practicing a way of life that's against their religion, and actually providing that service (in this instance a cake) is in direct violation of their religious moral code? What if their religion didn't want black people to be married and you were forced to provide a cake for their wedding? Obviously that would be a highly discriminatory religion, yet our bill of rights would protect it's practice? I just don't think there's any easy logical answer here.
I don't see how making a cake for a gay couple is in anyway violating their religion

If they are that sensitive to that issue they shouldn't open the store

If it was truly a religious issue they would have been asking questions of all the customers like have you been divorced, do you engage in premarital sex etc etc

04f.jpg

LMFAO.

Did you forget what thread we're posting in? Have you seen YOUR OWN OP? The irony is so thick it's literally hurting me right now. Ahahahaha!!

LMFAO.

Did you forget what thread we're posting in? Have you seen YOUR OWN OP? The irony is so thick it's literally hurting me right now. Ahahahaha!!
Please, keep telling me how the sensible thing for liberals to do is vote for a center-right party.

Please, keep telling me how the sensible thing for liberals to do is vote for a center-right party.

You tell me, you voted for them.

And be sure to ask Bernie, he joined them.

<{you!}>

I don't see how making a cake for a gay couple is in anyway violating their religion

If they are that sensitive to that issue they shouldn't open the store

If it was truly a religious issue they would have been asking questions of all the customers like have you been divorced, do you engage in premarital sex etc etc
Yeah, ideally individuals would regulate themselves without the need of State intervention into the matter. This guy should have considered the possibilities of having to serve gay people.

As to your first sentence. It's a violation of their religion because they're directly contributing to an act/event (gay marriage) that goes against their religion. They are by proxy participating in a gay wedding.

But here's the thing that's so frustrating about the whole fucking situation: old testament mosaic law is not supposed to apply to Christians yet they pick and choose what they will and won't follow. They make a stand about not serving gay people, but do they ask any of their customers if they've eaten shrimp that day? Do they ask their customers if they're going to be wearing two different types of cloth on their wedding day? This bastardized, mutated form of main stream American Protestantism/evangelicalism is so fucking stupid.

You tell me, you voted for them.

And be sure to ask Bernie, he joined them.

<{you!}>
So triggered you can't even engage in rational conversation. I exposed your own cognitive dissonance to you and now you're having an emotional reaction. Hopefully acceptance is the next stage and you come to agree that liberals voting for a center-right party is idiocy.

So triggered you can't even engage in rational conversation. I exposed your own cognitive dissonance to you and now you're having an emotional reaction. Hopefully acceptance is the next stage and you come to agree that liberals voting for a center-right party is idiocy.

Like you did?

<{you!}>

Like you did?

<{you!}>
I didn't vote for a party you absolute dumbass. I voted for an independent politician that joined the dems, that has one of the best voting records in American political history. Your inability to see things on a case by case basis and only along party lines perfectly demonstrates what the fuck im talking about in the OP.

I didn't vote for a party you absolute dumbass. I voted for an independent politician that joined the dems, that has one of the best voting records in American political history. Your inability to see things on a case by case basis and only along party lines perfectly demonstrates what the fuck im talking about in the OP.

Fucking A dude, you're an ironic MACHINE today.

Your inability to see things on a case by case basis and only along party lines perfectly demonstrates what the fuck im talking about in my posts.

<{you!}>

Yo. And I agree that eisbar is not partisan and seems to take things issue by issue. I like to think I am similar. Even though I disagree with his views strongly. (bitcoin, morality)

and since @Bald1 just posted. He seems down the middle too.
Well, I'm a social liberal and an uncompromising hardcore secularist, but other than that I try to be objective and listen to both sides of nuanced arguments. Good arguments usually end up proving that very few things are binary, thereby forcing me to concede points in favor of ideas I've previously dismissed. With the exception of my ideas on secularism I plot near near the center of the American left/right graph.

He's just attempting to derail the thread. Actually he's succeeding
You're right. Isn't that a violation of forum policy? I mean he's literally doing nothing but spamming a gif for an entire page of this thread.

You're right. Isn't that a violation of forum policy? I mean he's literally doing nothing but spamming a gif for an entire page of this thread.

He is. And if done in a liberal minded thread he'd be banned from the thread. But most of the non liberal posters do not use the report button

People in the center in a fight like this, or "neutral" are the same as the "neutral" parties in World War 2.

As far as I see it, you're either against evil - or you are evil.

Good men can't sit idly while evil is perpetrated.

Put him on ignore. Many already have
I've already done it to many of the looney bin leftist posters like Trotsky and Rational Poster. I keep HomerThompson around as my token clapping monkey leftist.

People in the center in a fight like this, or "neutral" are the same as the "neutral" parties in World War 2.

As far as I see it, you're either against evil - or you are evil.

Good men can't sit idly while evil is perpetrated.

Completely reductionist, simplistic thinking. The world is far more complex than that. That you're only able to understand the world in this overly simplistic manner perfectly illustrates my point.

Lmao, when getting your shit pushed in, cry that i'm derailing.

I'm actually the most on topic person in here. I don't think OP is a centrist, I think his definition of centrist is retarded, and the cringey ass memes in the OP combined with his glaring inability to see where his logic falls apart deserves ridicule.

Now dance monkeys, dance!

Back