War Room Centrist Coalition - Roll Call!

Do you identify as a "centrist"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
By Canadian standards I'm pretty right wing, by American, slightly right of center. Every political test I've taken has me pretty much dead center.

For as much as we argue, we often aren't that far apart on things. The things that bother us are different, our reactions are different, but if we sat down and sculpted a policy, I really don't think we'd have that much trouble.

I agree 100 percent ...

And the same goes for most on this forum. There are only three people on this forum i consider genuinely despicable.

For the most part, I think I could kick back, have a drink with most on this forum .

I agree 100 percent ...

And the same goes for most on this forum. There are only three people on this forum i consider genuinely despicable.

For the most part, I think I could kick back, have a drink with most on this forum .

Lol, I like how specific this was.

Lol, I like how specific this was.

I will acknowledge that there are a host of issues that I can't see eye to eye on, but can respectfully disagree.

However, when you openly espouse racism and encourage the murder of police officers, believe destroying private property and attacking others is "legitimate protest " ...we can never see eye to eye on that and there is something fundamentally wrong with you

I will acknowledge that there are a host of issues that I can't see eye to eye on, but can respectfully disagree.

However, when you openly espouse racism and encourage the murder of police officers, believe destroying private property and attacking others is "legitimate protest " ...we can never see eye to eye on that and there is something fundamentally wrong with you

Somebody on here encourages the murder of police officers? I feel like a lot of people who have prejudices like that just don't know anybody from the group they hate. If you really hate police officers that much, there is a pretty good chance you don't actually know one. I've had positive and negative interactions with police, but the police officers that I personally know are really nice people.

Somebody on here encourages the murder of police officers? I feel like a lot of people who have prejudices like that just don't know anybody from the group they hate. If you really hate police officers that much, there is a pretty good chance you don't actually know one. I've had positive and negative interactions with police, but the police officers that I personally know are really nice people.

@Gervinho did just that, and even celebrated the Dallas cops getting killed.

Before he denies it, there are several here who can confirm and he was even dubbed for it.

He's a first class piece of shit .

Examine his post history .

Just racist invective.

I agree 100 percent ...

Working from what nac386 said, do you believe at all that your "reactions" to certain phenomena pull your perspective and your electoral support away from interests that most align with your policy beliefs? The arithmetic of your posts/beliefs does not seem to add up to the positions that you take.

Name them, please. I'm genuinely curious, as I can only presume they are on the left side of things, and there are any leftist/liberals here that I could reasonably fathom being "genuinely despicable" to anyone. That might be because I am one of those three persons, though.

EDIT: Okay, so Gervinho is one. I'm not sufficiently familiar with his posts to comment.

Exactly.

Yet another right-winger too chickenshit to own the label. Most of his posts I see follow the usual mouth breather, conservative route: figure out what pisses off the liberals most... embrace that position strongly.

This is a separate phenomenon, though.

First and foremost, DE is a reactionary centrist, and those reactionary proclivities pull him starkly to the right on some issues that he thinks he's being sensible on. That's the thing with reactionaries, who have been epitomized and empowered by Trump, the most reactionary politician of my lifetime by far: they can't appreciate the difference between pragmatism and reaction.

Also @Limbo Pete, can we have a "Backfire Thread of the Year" award this year? I know there have been some other really good ones this year, but I can't think of what they were. @HomerThompson do you recall?

Working from what nac386 said, do you believe at all that your "reactions" to certain phenomena pull your perspective and your electoral support away from interests that most align with your policy beliefs? The arithmetic of your posts/beliefs does not seem to add up to the positions that you take.

Name them, please. I'm genuinely curious, as I can only presume they are on the left side of things, and there are any leftist/liberals here that I could reasonably fathom being "genuinely despicable" to anyone. That might be because I am one of those three persons, though.

EDIT: Okay, so Gervinho is one. I'm not sufficiently familiar with his posts to comment.

Like I mentioned before, i genuinely like reading your posts. Granted, there are a few things you have said that have triggered me, but you are definitely not one of the three.

In regards to who I have voted for In the past, I have often supported candidates I believed to be genuine and candid (despite disagreeing with them ) over candidates that have aligned more with my beliefs.

Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein are probably the most recent 2 examples.

Back