War Room Centrist Coalition - Roll Call!

Do you identify as a "centrist"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's one way of seeing it from the outside looking in. I'm not a centrist because I want the most amount of people to like me. I'm a centrist because neither party represents my principles. And when you act as a centrist in the world, both sides hate you, not like you.

Then let's examine this further. What are the principles that you're not willing to compromise on?

Yeah, this sort of idiocy is why we only have a center-right and right wing party.

"Hurr durrrrrr, there's tens of millions of liberal voters in this country. If they don't vote for the center-right party, what are they to do?!?!"

I'm pretty sure the Third Way Democrats are why the Democrats are now center right, but okay Mr. Poli Sci.

I mean, the fact that Leftists are supposedly sheep for supporting Democrats, but you voted Bernie in your state caucus (an independent who joined the Democrats for exactly the reason I said) should blow the cognitive dissonance sensors in your head. But hey, apparently that's centrism lmao. Many smart.

Trump vote confirmed.
Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-13.gif

This thread is sure to turn into the great "bothsideism" shit storm of our time.

I always feel like I’m a economically progressive conservative. I guess that would be the opposite of a Libertarian.

I’ve never felt like my kind has a place in politics.
I know the feels man.

I’m a moderate conservative on economic issues, social liberal but hate sjws,atheist but live like a Christian, support the 2nd and I want gun control.

WTH is there to vote for lol

Yo. And I agree that eisbar is not partisan and seems to take things issue by issue. I like to think I am similar. Even though I disagree with his views strongly. (bitcoin, morality)

and since @Bald1 just posted. He seems down the middle too.

I'm pretty sure the Third Way Democrats are why the Democrats are now center right, but okay Mr. Poli Sci.

I mean, the fact that Leftists are supposedly sheep for supporting Democrats, but you voted Bernie in your state caucus (an independent who joined the Democrats for exactly the reason I said) should blow the cognitive dissonance sensors in your head. But hey, apparently that's centrism lmao. Many smart.
>is a liberal
>votes for a center-right party
>accuses others of cognitive dissonance

LOL

I voted for the candidate dude, not a political party. I also voted Ron Paul in 2012. The D or R attached to their names mean nothing.

>is a liberal
>votes for a center-right party
>accuses others of cognitive dissonance

LOL

Why did you vote for a sheep like a sheep Eisbar? Why couldn't you vote American Communist instead of voting for Bernie? Why follow the herd Mr. Centrist?

Don't forget to vote for Hillary, she's a WOMAN after all!!

That didn't come from the campaign, though. She ran an extremely wonkish campaign, actually. And Bernie was the far-left candidate (possibly the furthest-left candidate ever, in fact). The big criticism of Clinton from a lot of people was that she was a centrist.

He's an idiot and doesn't realize that "centrist" is pretty clearly pejorative to anyone who understands that policy issues don't set on perfect horizontal planes and all policies can't be reduced to arguments to moderation.

It's a classic example of someone mining their own mediocrity for things to believe are virtues.

The word can mean a lot of different things. Most regular people don't really think in terms of theory and either take cues from a party or hold a mix of extreme views on the right and left and think of themselves as "centrists." The number of people who are consistently centrist is very small because that doesn't really make sense as a position. And then you have bothsidesists.

I voted for the candidate dude, not a political party. I also voted Ron Paul in 2012. The D or R attached to their names mean nothing.

If you care about policy, the party means almost everything.

Why did you vote for a sheep like a sheep Eisbar? Why couldn't you vote American Communist instead of voting for Bernie? Why follow the herd Mr. Centrist?
I voted for a liberal economic progressive and environmentalist because he most represented my values out of the major candidates. Communists don't represent my values so I'm not sure what the fuck you're talking about.

With all due respect, a Centrist is simply trying to appeal to the largest possible swath of people on any given issue.

Even if he were, isn't this just motivated reasoning? It's exactly the same as saying communists or libertarians are unrealistic larper contrarians who are trying to be edgy. It doesn't really address either position.

i believe in the right to do what you want. own guns, get abortions, be gay, dont bake cakes for gay people. Im slowly leaning towards universal healthcare just because our system is currently so F-d up because of Obamacare that you might as well do it at this point
I find this interesting, I'm for personal freedom as well ( everyone leave everyone else to be who they be ) but I disagree on the cake thing, if you want to open a store you serve whoever comes through that door unless they are causing a disturbance .

I voted for a liberal economic progressive and environmentalist because he most represented my values out of the major candidates. Communists don't represent my values so I'm not sure what the fuck you're talking about.

Correction, you voted for a Democrat. When you casted your vote, you were supporting the Democratic Party. Why in the fuck are you such a sheep? If you had real morals you wouldn't support the Democratic Party because they're center-right, but there you are as tribal as ever.

Shame on you for following the herd.

I find this interesting, I'm for personal freedom as well ( everyone leave everyone else to be who they be ) but I disagree on the cake thing, if you want to open a store you serve whoever comes through that door unless they are causing a disturbance .
What happened to businesses reserving the right to refuse to serve anyone for any reason?

Correction, you voted for a Democrat. When you casted your vote, you were supporting the Democratic Party. Why in the fuck are you such a sheep? If you had real morals you wouldn't support the Democratic Party because they're center-right, but there you are as tribal as ever.

Shame on you for following the herd.
I voted for an independent that joined the democratic party. Casting my vote for him, supports him. Especially in a state caucus you fucking clown. I'm also not sure why you keep using your edge-lord "sheep" vernacular.

Back