War of Words: Conor McGregor, Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez ignite online rivalry

Winner?

• Total voters
Boxing: Canello by murder.

Kickboxing: Conor by murder.

MMA: Conor by murder.

No rules unarmed combat: Conor by murder.

Sounds like Conor wants an MMA fight. Then he would have the advantage.

just rewatched may/mac last night with my buddies kid, anyone who thinks this guy can box at even a normal,amateur level and pays to see it should lose their money.

I've said for years that the laziest marketing I've ever seen is NOT taking Canelo to the UK. I'd do promos for that by having Canelo walk the streets in Dublin and see if anyone even recognizes him.
I agree. I like when fighters fight across the pond and all over internationally. It's great exposure for them and helps to build their brand in different markets.

PS. Reminds me of when Fury walked the streets of LA asking people if they knew Wilder ahead of their first fight.

Last edited:
Surely the end game for one of the Paul bros has to be a fight with Connor.

Economically it makes the most sense.

In Boxing Canelo would just obliterate Connor. He would not fuck around like a 147lb Mayweather.

He would be cutting to 168 and would give Mcgregor the beating of his life. Canelo would fold Connor in one round in boxing. He would obliterate him. Destroy him. Canelo made it look easy versus BJS etc and BJS would box Connors ears off.

Conor doesn’t sound like he is calling out Canelo to box, he is talking about MMA. He knows better than to call out Canelo in a boxing match. Canelo won’t play with him the way Floyd did - he would murder him inside 1-2 rounds. It would be quick and violent - lights completely turned off…..

Conor doesn’t sound like he is calling out Canelo to box, he is talking about MMA. He knows better than to call out Canelo in a boxing match. Canelo won’t play with him the way Floyd did - he would murder him inside 1-2 rounds. It would be quick and violent - lights completely turned off…..
It wouldn't go past the 1st in the ring. Canelo won't prolong the beating or carry him. He'll just KTFO his ass.

Back