War of Words: Conor McGregor, Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez ignite online rivalry

Winner?

• Total voters

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score

It seems that former two-division Ultimate Fighting Championship king Conor McGregor is fired up over boxing super middleweight ace Saul “Canelo” Alvarez’s (60-2) recent comments.

The beef initially started when McGregor shared footage on social media of Alvarez’s 2013 clash against boxing icon Floyd Mayweather (50-0), when he was outpointed by “Money” en route to a majority decision. Labeling it as one of the greatest performances in pro boxing, McGregor also claimed to have landed more shots on Mayweather during their blockbuster outing in 2017.

“One of the greatest performances in professional boxing this was,” McGregor (22-6) wrote. “I landed more shots on Floyd than Canelo [did.] I'd love another go.”

Alvarez (60-2), hit back, saying he would need just one hand to dispatch of McGregor.

“I just need one hand with you and I don't need to throw so many punches,” replied Alvarez.

McGregor then retorted and opened the proverbial door for a potential crossover clash:

“Saul you uncooked chicken, I'll stomp the ligaments out of your knee joint. I don't even need hands to end you, I'll kick you raw pink, leave you looking like you were left out in the sun too long haha freckle arse. I will see you and we will see. Canelo is a cornflake, no sugar”

McGregor has been out of action for over two years, rehabbing a broken leg suffered during his trilogy duel against Dustin Poirier (29-8). The Irishman recently made steps towards returning to the Octagon by re-entering the United States Anti-Doping Agency testing pool. Days later, it was announced that the UFC would move on from its partnership with USDA and join forces with Drug Free Sport International.

Continue Reading

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/W...l-Canelo-Alvarez-Ignite-Online-Rivalry-191421

Everybody knows Mayweather carried that ass Conor.
Mayweather threw
Half assed punches/taps in the first 3 rounds.

Usually he throws 100 in the first 3 rounds.

Oh and compubox says Canelo landed more punches than McGregor. 117:111
(Because it was 12 more rounds and Canelo didn't knocked around the place"

michael-keaton-hand-job.gif

“Canelo is a cornflake, no sugar” ????
Conor trash talk game… where did it go?
He hasn’t won a meaningful fight in over 7yrs. He has no trash talk at this point, if Conor trash talked someone with actual fucking grit, they could demolish him on the shot talking with the amount of dirt they have on Mcgregor. PED’s, Multiple tape accusations and just being and all around sub human. I never understood how fighters just let Mcgregor talk shit to a personal degree, yet fighters don’t fire back when there is so much ammo

An "uncooked chicken" {<jordan}

Not even a Conor fan, but he won the twitter battle, imo, so I voted Conor on the poll.

This is gay but I kind of want it to happen.

Lol Canelo is 10 time the man and the fighter Conor wishes to be, Canelo would murder him in any kind of competition.

While Canelo is making his legacy better and breaking records Conor is barely winning rape allegations, they are not the same.

Back