Walmart is getting sued for locking up "black" beauty products

Explain it then?

I'd be stunned if they didn't have a halfway modern inventory management system which could produce tgese numbers easily.
They have the most advanced and centralizedsku inventory management which is part of their success. If they lock down a product it's because of ridiculous theft. They have plenty of proof it's happening. Frivolous lawsuit at best.

Well technically if they aren't doing anything wrong, which they aren't, then they wouldn't have to pay jackshit. Unfortunately for those that use logic and stats to make real life decisions, there countless pussy judges that allow nonsense cases in their courtroom.

you sound naive and idealistic

Well this lady should be pissed at the thieves that caused Walmart to protect their inventory and adding a small layer of inconvenience in purchasing said items.

Hopefully, once she thinks it through she'll drop the lawsuit.
th

They have the most advanced and centralizedsku inventory management which is part of their success. If they lock down a product it's because of ridiculous theft. They have plenty of proof it's happening. Frivolous lawsuit at best.

Which was my assumption.

Now just show that data and we are done here.

However I do think that they make decisions not based on a logucal business case, as I can't imagine locking up a $0.49 comb is backed by intelligent thinking.

amateur move on Walmart's part.

they should have at least locked up couple of random white products in the lineup too.

the cost of locking up those extra items is probably insignificant compared to having to spend $ on legal fees to fight this.

Right, how much is it going to cost Walmart in legal costs and bad publicity, it will take selling a lot boxes of $7.29 just for men to make that up.

There won't be any legal costs and the publicity just shows that it's more difficult to steal there so thieves will go elsewhere. I doubt that Walmart will care about losing customers who don't pay for things.

even if that were true, they still have to deal with lawsuits, and the profit margins on a $7.29 bottle of Just for Men would take a while to make that up.

Walmart has their own lawyers that are paid whether they do anything or not.

if you don't get why it pisses off a segment of your black customers fine, but from a business standpoint, you are going to have to spend a lot on legal fees and most likely a large cash settlement over it.

Why would Walmart settle on this?

There won't be any legal costs and the publicity just shows that it's more difficult to steal there so thieves will go elsewhere. I doubt that Walmart will care about losing customers who don't pay for things.

you think your average shoplifter is going to be aware of this case? and your argument that it will only affect walmart's perception for customers that pay is a silly point.

Last edited:
This seems like some corporate spreadsheet micromanagement that went wrong.

Top pic says it all.

Lefty loons when:

Google fires people for speaking their mind.
"It's a private company they can do what they want."

Walmart uses data to employ a loss prevention strategy:
"ZOMG that's racist! Time to lawyer up!"
What are you blabbering on about? In both cases the company is getting sued.

amateur move on Walmart's part.

they should have at least locked up couple of random white products in the lineup too.

the cost of locking up those extra items is probably insignificant compared to having to spend $ on legal fees to fight this.
I heard they sent all the Just For Amigos boxes back to mexico.

Stores in the hood lock up baby formula
the only grocery store in my city does this

granted we have the lowest GDP of any incorporated city, in the largest landmass county in the whole US...

Already ETS'd when I was in; I was over on main in ADA land... Buncha damn primadonnas.
good lawd, my boy's wife was ADA and was over there

I was only there for my last six months after Germany, was in 1AD 2BDE for a FSC for an Artillery BN. Spent 4 of the 6 months there in NIE at White Sands

good times?

Back