Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have shown the crash scene.

I actually enjoyed that episode.

It's interesting to see Simon getting fed up with Negan's crap. Plus his character and his acting is awesome. Probably my favorite character on the show right now.

I didn't quite get the whole random lady in a van coming out of knowwhere. Other than maybe to show Maggie still has a conscience. Or to show that Enid lost her compassion and had to be brought back by Michonne.

I liked the Negan talk to Rick. In a way, Negan IS right. He does save people. Sure it's a bit unorthodox but in a way it does work. Once he offered his protection to Hilltop and The Kingdom there was very little bloodshed.

The only thing I didn't like was Rick being a complete f'ing moron when trying to kill Negan. First of all, why walk up to the car shooting your entire magazine of bullets into the car, warning Negan? Why not sneak up around the corner and shoot him? Why waste bullets shooting at him into the building without a clear shot when Negan clearly didn't have a gun? Also, why wouldn't Negan travel with a gun or a knife in addition to Lucille?

Anyway, I enjoyed the dialogue and story this time. It was better than the same old rinse and repeat with Rick's crew killing a bunch of Saviors, then a retaliation by the Saviors and their seemingly endless supply of people, guns, and bullets.

I actually enjoyed that episode.

It's interesting to see Simon getting fed up with Negan's crap. Plus his character and his acting is awesome. Probably my favorite character on the show right now.

I didn't quite get the whole random lady in a van coming out of knowwhere. Other than maybe to show Maggie still has a conscience. Or to show that Enid lost her compassion and had to be brought back by Michonne.

I liked the Negan talk to Rick. In a way, Negan IS right. He does save people. Sure it's a bit unorthodox but in a way it does work. Once he offered his protection to Hilltop and The Kingdom there was very little bloodshed.

The only thing I didn't like was Rick being a complete f'ing moron when trying to kill Negan. First of all, why walk up to the car shooting your entire magazine of bullets into the car, warning Negan? Why not sneak up around the corner and shoot him? Why waste bullets shooting at him into the building without a clear shot when Negan clearly didn't have a gun? Also, why wouldn't Negan travel with a gun or a knife in addition to Lucille?

Anyway, I enjoyed the dialogue and story this time. It was better than the same old rinse and repeat with Rick's crew killing a bunch of Saviors, then a retaliation by the Saviors and their seemingly endless supply of people, guns, and bullets.

The main issue I had with the episode is the ongoing Rick and Negan cat and mouse game where Rick can never kill Negan because of plot armor. Everyone and their mother know Rick is not gonna kill Negan in Episode 12...so why even tease it? Not once but twice in 4 episodes.

The main issue I had with the episode is the ongoing Rick and Negan cat and mouse game where Rick can never kill Negan because of plot armor. Everyone and their mother know Rick is not gonna kill Negan in Episode 12...so why even tease it? Not once but twice in 4 episodes.

That is very true. There was no suspense in those scenes b/c we knew neither Negan nor Rick were going to die. And adding the walkers into the mix was just stupid. No way are either of those guys going to get taken out by a random walker in a dark warehouse. I don't think walkers actually kill anyone anymore, except Carl.

So Rick decides to go on a suicide mission and tell no one...
Negan AGAIN gets put in a situation where he should have been killed 10 times over, and yet somehow manages to dodge all the bullets.
Rick, a former police officer, empties two clips from a rifle (?) And a handgun, and isn't able to hit Negan once. (Didn't he run out of bullets the last time he saw Negan when they fought at the house?)

Lol how the fuck are those 3 dorky chicks survivng in THIS world? There is no fucking way

Terrible show.

Also, i am so sick to death of how they keep beating this "us vs them" thing into the fucking ground. "That's not us"...how many effing times have we now heard "there has to be something after"? The writing is so shit and repetitive.
I can't wait till this war is over and Rick and crew build their new community they name 'Carltown''
<{cruzshake}>

Also, i am so sick to death of how they keep beating this "us vs them" thing into the fucking ground. "That's not us"...how many effing times have we now heard "there has to be something after"? The writing is so shit and repetitive.
I can't wait till this war is over and Rick and crew build their new community they name 'Carltown''
<{cruzshake}>

LOL...adding to this...I understand that Michonne had a cute bond with Carl from the very beginning of her being accepted into the group but it is pretty pathetic that you could literally get shitfaced or die or alcohol poisoning if you drank every time Michonne brings up "This is how Carl wanted it to be" or "This what Carl envisioned we could become" or etc etc etc.

LOL...adding to this...I understand that Michonne had a cute bond with Carl from the very beginning of her being accepted into the group but it is pretty pathetic that you could literally get shitfaced or die or alcohol poisoning if you drank every time Michonne brings up "This is how Carl wanted it to be" or "This what Carl envisioned we could become" or etc etc etc.
I was literally thinking the same thing during this episode.
Today was just the beginning. Sister Michonne has to still convert Rick and the rest of the crew to this thinking as well
Carl Poppa bless

I took it as Kirkman and the showrunners being totally uneducated and unknowledgable dipshits who seem to think 2 years into a zompoc all your bad guys are comic book cliched motorcycle gang looking big mouths and 50% of people start talking in weird over the top nonsensical accents.

But this is the group of writers who used the exchange of knowledge to introduce a group that we won t see for 2 more storylines as a gimmick when the hilltop already has a huge library that would have that kind of info anyways.
I'm sure by now Kirkman doesn't have a fucking thing to do with the show other then letting them use his name.

The show is pretty dumb at this point. Like all of these abandoned libraries of the world just full of books and this lady is coveted because she has "knowledge" of how to make a fucking wind mill?

And in the south, where everyone is into gun culture, the only person who knows about reloading brass is some mulleted D&D nerd???

I'm sure by now Kirkman doesn't have a fucking thing to do with the show other then letting them use his name.

Well Kirkman came up with the characters like Governor, Negan and the next 2 antagonists are even worse; totally over the top comic book cliched nonsense that will look even more ridiculous onscreen (as we saw with Elizabeth Warren and her bull dyke security detail - all I have to say is "clumph" and "moisture" - mega eye roll).

The show is pretty dumb at this point. Like all of these abandoned libraries of the world just full of books and this lady is coveted because she has "knowledge" of how to make a fucking wind mill?

And in the south, where everyone is into gun culture, the only person who knows about reloading brass is some mulleted D&D nerd???

Dude it's even worse, as the Hilltop has their own library that probably has all sorts of "knowledge" right there in front of their faces LOL...but no, I guess they needed a reason to write in a sneak peek of the 2nd to next antagonists from the comic. More gimmicky bullshit from this writing crew.

Well Kirkman came up with the characters like Governor, Negan and the next 2 antagonists are even worse; totally over the top comic book cliched nonsense that will look even more ridiculous onscreen (as we saw with Elizabeth Warren and her bull dyke security detail - all I have to say is "clumph" and "moisture" - mega eye roll).

Dude it's even worse, as the Hilltop has their own library that probably has all sorts of "knowledge" right there in front of their faces LOL...but no, I guess they needed a reason to write in a sneak peek of the 2nd to next antagonists from the comic. More gimmicky bullshit from this writing crew.
Lol ok. So im not crazy
I was thinking "Wasn't Gregory living in a library? "

I remember Abraham and Rosita fucking in a library ..clearly, libraries are in tact in this world.

because it's a fucking comic book idiot they work better in the comic. It's a goddamn story about a fucking zombie apocalypse not some historical drama if you don't like it then don't watch it. Is there any movie or anyother type of entertainment piece out there in the zombie genre where the army, spec ops, law enforcement, or anyother type of trained professionals does any better then the characters in the comics. It's eight seasons into the tv series where the dumb fucking writers are taking liberties with the source material and screwing it up. There's a big difference between Negan and The Governor in the comics compared to the ones in the show.

because it's a fucking comic book idiot they work better in the comic. It's a goddamn story about a fucking zombie apocalypse not some historical drama if you don't like it then don't watch it. Is there any movie or anyother type of entertainment piece out there in the zombie genre where the army, spec ops, law enforcement, or anyother type of trained professionals does any better then the characters in the comics. It's eight seasons into the tv series where the dumb fucking writers are taking liberties with the source material and screwing it up. There's a big difference between Negan and The Governor in the comics compared to the ones in the show.

Not sure why you feel the need to use ad homenims towards me considering I haven't insulted you once.

I understand taking liberties between the comic and show and how things need to be changed from the comic in order to work for a tv audience.

All I am saying is that it is totally unrealistic especially in the south to not come across survivors of shtf that wouldn't have tactical and prepper experience; total tier 1 pipe hitters who actually have the traits and attributes to survive.

Not sure why you feel the need to use ad homenims towards me considering I haven't insulted you once.

I understand taking liberties between the comic and show and how things need to be changed from the comic in order to work for a tv audience.

All I am saying is that it is totally unrealistic especially in the south to not come across survivors of shtf that wouldn't have tactical and prepper experience; total tier 1 pipe hitters who actually have the traits and attributes to survive.
I don't know why people use this argument .
Just because something is based on a comic, or other fiction, that doesn't mean you dont have to make sense. you can't just add in unicorns and leprechauns into the story.

This show is fiction ,but it is set in a world that is supposed to be like the one we're living in. It isn't Oz, or some other fairytale world with made up rules where down is up, and up is down.
Even in fictional worlds, there has to be some sort of logic and limitations to what is and isn't possible. It's lazy ass writing otherwise.

latest

Its this guy.

they're merging Walking Dead with Mad Max

Dad, we're undead meat!

Absolutely nobody is going to get that joke.

Rest assured it's brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back