Virtue Signaling in Gaming Megathread, v.1

Apparently yes, it can be, according to 2024 Crystal Dynamics.

Meanwhile, most of the Tomb Raider fambase's money will remain in their wallets come release day.
I had to look it up. It's actually from COD's Lara Croft skin. Western devs constantly uglifying women. The weirdos at Crystal Dynamics made her progressively worse looking since the reboot, but they didn't bust her up this badly.

LARA-CROFT.webp

You know it's bad when Fridge Raider is more appealing.
5da767b6735d6.jpeg

And just like they have 'artistic license' to uglify their female characters and feminize the male characters... fans have license to keep their cash in their wallets on release week.

Your the one arguing for boycotts when fictional game characters dont meet your subjective level of attractiveness. Thats creepy and weird.

I had to look it up. It's actually from COD's Lara Croft skin. Western devs constantly uglifying women. The weirdos at Crystal Dynamics made her progressively worse looking since the reboot, but they didn't bust her up this badly.

Its was approved by Crystal Dynamics, probably after they send the COD devs the concept art for how they wanted her to look.

They've been uglifying Lara for a while.

And for the record, Lara in the realistic-reboot trilogy was 100% fine for the angle they were going for.

TombRaider2013b.jpg

Some bashed the concept art for the new game currently in production. I didn't, although she has more masculine features those are common in female athletes.

OIP.NaDrxmJx77b9ZrjO1vbrbgAAAA

Same with her character model in the new Netflix animated series.

Although there's not enough to conclude they're trying to turn Lara into a bull dyke (although some have already drawn those conclusions based off the supposed leaks from the devs)... it is a suspicion that's the way they're going.

But of course Kanes would be all for that, completely forgetting what he just said about OnlyFans model beauty standards... which most are lesbian.

Hypocrisy doesn't register in their minds.

Your the one arguing for boycotts when fictional game characters dont meet your subjective level of attractiveness. Thats creepy and weird.

Who's calling for boycotts?
I'm talking about the reality that mainstream gamers have caught on to activism within development studios and they've been responding in kind... by withholding their wallets.

'Subjective level of attractiveness?'
Bro, Angelina Jolie in her prime was ten times hotter than Melissa McCarthy on the hottest day of her life.
Everyone who says otherwise has an ugly/obesity fetish, and those bizarre fetishists shouldn't be in video games for everyone to see.

Go ahead and make your own fat & ugly characters within your own video game, and lets see how well it sells.

Its was approved by Crystal Dynamics, probably after they send the COD devs the concept art for how they wanted her to look.

They've been uglifying Lara for a while.

And for the record, Lara in the realistic-reboot trilogy was 100% fine for the angle they were going for.

TombRaider2013b.jpg

Some bashed the concept art for the new game currently in production. I didn't, although she has more masculine features those are common in female athletes.

OIP.NaDrxmJx77b9ZrjO1vbrbgAAAA

Same with her character model in the new Netflix animated series.

Although there's not enough to conclude they're trying to turn Lara into a bull dyke (although some have already drawn those conclusions based off the supposed leaks from the devs)... it is a suspicion that's the way they're going.

But of course Kanes would be all for that, completely forgetting what he just said about OnlyFans model beauty standards... which most are lesbian.

She looked great in the first game of the reboot trilogy, prob my fav aesthetic iteration of her, but made changes for the worse, especially in the third title.

why-do-you-think-they-changed-laras-look-so-much-in-shadow-v0-db8qgbu13c3b1.png

I only expect worse moving forward, especially the more masculine versions we're seeing the animation and unified version.

Sadly a word doesnt exist yet to describe your takes. Closest group would be modern day anthropomorphize. Better known as Furries.

Sadly a word doesnt exist yet to describe your takes.

Based.

Short for 'Reality-Based.'

Closest group would be modern day anthropomorphize. Better known as Furries.
Careful Kane, they're a minority who are commonly discriminated against by larger groups.

Many have been bullied into suicide.
There's a genocide of furries, and you're contributing to their holocaust.

It's so weird how the gaming discourse has devolved into this. You'd think Dead or Alive would have been the best franchise ever created the way people talk about females in games. Oh, but what happened to that franchise? Poor sales. Now I hear some people in this thread boycotting Stellar Blade. Sorry guys but it's hard to take you all seriously if you don't buy the games with attractive characters in them. Kind of get what you deserve at this point.

It's so weird how the gaming discourse has devolved into this. You'd think Dead or Alive would have been the best franchise ever created the way people talk about females in games. Oh, but what happened to that franchise? Poor sales. Now I hear some people in this thread boycotting Stellar Blade. Sorry guys but it's hard to take you all seriously if you don't buy the games with attractive characters in them. Kind of get what you deserve at this point.

As I recall, DOA was butchered because of a murderers row of competition and a disastrous take on DLC.

I liked Dead or Alive 2 for Dreamcast. Fun, pretty game, with an interesting counter system. I won a 16 man tournament at a Dreamcast Expo at my local Electronics Boutique when I was a teenager. Won a store version of either F1 2001 or Virtua Soccer. I chose F1 and bought DOA2 at launch.

In terms of sexuality? I think that sexuality is a character trait in itself and should be applied to characters that already have established sex appeal.

With that said, I also think that there should be a market for more "average" looking female characters. There may be games out there where the woman has had a hard life and has struggled, so it makes less sense to make her a bombshell.

It's about making new narratives and respecting existing ones.

It doesn't destroy it at all, it proves there's a double standard because they DO give a shit. That's the whole question. You can play BG3 naked, you can choose your penis length options, you can watch your penis jiggle physics, so WHY do they care about cleavage in a different game, all of a sudden?

I'll take a shot in the dark.

Stellar Blade is made by a Korean company, and the west is getting a reputation for being a bunch of woke dweebs.

So they censored it themselves as to not to damage their reputation in the west.

I'll take a shot in the dark.

Stellar Blade is made by a Korean company, and the west is getting a reputation for being a bunch of woke dweebs.

So they censored it themselves as to not to damage their reputation in the west.
But the same woke dweebs universally praised BG3, in all of its overly sexualized content glory. GOTY, many accolades, universally praised, with all of its overly sexualized content, yet the same woke dweebs think that anyone complaining about censorship of stellar blade are "incels."

So again, it begs the question, why the obvious double standards from the publisher and from the "fAns?"

But the same woke dweebs universally praised BG3, in all of its overly sexualized content glory. GOTY, many accolades, universally praised, with all of its overly sexualized content, yet the same woke dweebs think that anyone complaining about censorship of stellar blade are "incels."

So again, it begs the question, why the obvious double standards from the publisher and from the "fAns?"

No idea.

I never played BG3 and I played Cyberpunk as a version of myself that I tried to make, so I have no idea if you can augment a female characters tits and arse in that game.

Maybe it's because fans like dick instead of tits?

No idea.

I never played BG3 and I played Cyberpunk as a version of myself that I tried to make, so I have no idea if you can augment a female characters tits and arse in that game.

Maybe it's because fans like dick instead of tits?
Which would still beg the question, why does this form of degeneracy, which is far more available in the game, get praise, recognition, with the full force of the media behind it, while the other game gets cleavage censored?

Which would still beg the question, why does this form of degeneracy, which is far more available in the game, get praise, recognition, with the full force of the media behind it, while the other game gets cleavage censored?

Let's see...

Because BG3 and Cyberpunk were western, and Stellar Blade is Asian.

Did Stellar Blade get attacked for their character models before release?

Let's see...

Because BG3 and Cyberpunk were western, and Stellar Blade is Asian.

Did Stellar Blade get attacked for their character models before release?
Sony is a japanese company and still allowed western overly sexual content on their platforms. Yet they help censor another asian game, which showed cleavage? Still doesn't make sense.

Why does BG3/Cyberpunk get a complete pass from the publisher, the industry, the media, the "fans," yet Stellar Blade which shows far, far, far, less gets censored day one? Why the double standard?

Sony is a japanese company and still allowed western overly sexual content on their platforms. Yet they help censor another asian game, which showed cleavage? Still doesn't make sense.

Why does BG3/Cyberpunk get a complete pass from the publisher, the industry, the media, the "fans," yet Stellar Blade which shows far, far, far, less gets censored day one? Why the double standard?

They're probably protecting themselves from their image of western criticism.

Also, BG3 and Cyberpunk were both multiplatform releases whilst Stellar Blade is an exclusive. Cyberpunk was a huge name whilst BG had time on PC first to test the waters.

Stellar Blade probably wouldn't have made a dent in the controversy of sexualising women, but obviously the publisher thought otherwise.

They're probably protecting themselves from their image of western criticism.

Also, BG3 and Cyberpunk were both multiplatform releases whilst Stellar Blade is an exclusive. Cyberpunk was a huge name whilst BG had time on PC first to test the waters.

Stellar Blade probably wouldn't have made a dent in the controversy of sexualising women, but obviously the publisher thought otherwise.
And if they're protecting themselves, then why the double standard?

BG3/Cyberpunk regardless are both sold on their platform. The same one that deemed Stellar Blade too risque and had to be censored. Still makes no sense for the double standard.

One game sexualizes way more than the other, and the other game gets censored day one for showing cleavage. It makes no sense any way you look at it. It's too obvious.

And if they're protecting themselves, then why the double standard?

BG3/Cyberpunk regardless are both sold on their platform. The same one that deemed Stellar Blade too risque and had to be censored. Still makes no sense for the double standard.

One game sexualizes way more than the other, and the other game gets censored day one for showing cleavage. It makes no sense any way you look at it. It's too obvious.

It's not right, but I think it makes sense.

BG3 and Cyberpunk were multiplatform. One was tested on PC first and the other was lining up to be one of the biggest releases ever. They were also from western developers with big reputations and huge hits behind them. If Rockstar releases GTA6 on all platforms, I doubt Sony will bother to rock the nest with that either.

Stellar Blade is a Sony exclusive, from Korean developers, with Tencent as a backer. I think that Stellar Blade is the studios first big game?

It's not right, but I think it makes sense.

BG3 and Cyberpunk were multiplatform. One was tested on PC first and the other was lining up to be one of the biggest releases ever. They were also from western developers. If Rockstar releases GTA6 on all platforms, I doubt Sony will bother to rock the nest with that either.

Stellar Blade is a Sony exclusive, from Korean developers, with Tencent as a backer. I think that Stellar Blade is the studios first big game?
It doesn't make sense though. The question is why does more sexually charged content get a total free pass from everyone, but cleavage from another game is censored?

Multiplatform, PC, which came first, means f*** all, when the publisher puts it on it's platform and sells it. It's still available, the same set of scrutiny, ratings, rules clearly did not apply to some games, so why the double standard?

Back