VIKINGS v.3 (Returns Nov. 29, 2017)

nearly 40 year old Lagertha is still the hottest woman on the show.

I like how they set up this huge battle for next episode with many possibilities as to what may happen. It's no Game of Thrones but it's still entertaining with a lot of cool characters.

The preview of that battle looked pretty dam bad though , hopefully someone dies but I doubt it. I’m sure we’ll see Adam levine the bishop slaughter some fools.

PLUS what is Halfdan going to do now? Is he going to fight with Bjorn vs Harald? Is he going to betray Harald and join Bjorn? I know he doesn't technically have an army but the show can play on the brother vs brother from that angle too.

I forgot to mention that as well. I'm interested to see what happens there as well. I think Halfdan has a chance of being taken prisoner by Lagatha as well and used as a bargaining chip.

I like how they set up this huge battle for next episode with many possibilities as to what may happen. It's no Game of Thrones but it's still entertaining with a lot of cool characters.

This season overall has been pretty boring to me. The Sewer shit that Ivar pulled off was stupid and never would have worked in RL. They would have just started stabbing them as they tried to come up the holes it was dumb.

This battle is the first time I'm genuinely interested to see what happens.

Yes. It kind of evens the score a bit. I mean you had Harald, Ivar, and Hvistsek vs Lagertha and Ubba. Harald and Ivar have far stronger armies as Lagertha basically only holds Kattegat and Ubba has no army. He had like 2 ships that left with him and the rest stay with Ivar.

And now you have Bjorn who is obviously going to side with his mother and he has a decent sized crew with him. PLUS what is Halfdan going to do now? Is he going to fight with Bjorn vs Harald? Is he going to betray Harald and join Bjorn? I know he doesn't technically have an army but the show can play on the brother vs brother from that angle too.

Halfdan said he owes his life to Bjorn and will fight with him. Harald announcing he is going to be a father didn't help his cause. I am expecting Astrid to kill him and maybe blame it on Ivar.That would break up the coalition.

This season overall has been pretty boring to me. The Sewer shit that Ivar pulled off was stupid and never would have worked in RL. They would have just started stabbing them as they tried to come up the holes it was dumb.

Yeah there was some cool battle scenes in that episode but that part was completely stupid. I thought the same thing. The English would have just speared them all as they came up and blocked the entrances. They would have never let them all climb up and get into formation to start fighting.

Yeah there was some cool battle scenes in that episode but that part was completely stupid. I thought the same thing. The English would have just speared them all as they came up and blocked the entrances. They would have never let them all climb up and get into formation to start fighting.

Exactly my favorite is how the viking start climbing up and the English start screaming like they don't know what to do. This isn't 2 weeks after they thought the vikings were gone. This was minutes after them coming into the base to kill everyone. They were prepared for battle and screamed like children because they climbed out of the sewer.

Agree completely. Worst plan EVER! It's like in those martial arts movies when 12 guys surround 1 guy but instead of all attacking at once they decide to attack 1 at a time.

Battle tactics 101 - If you have 100 warriors you don't line them up single file. 5 guys could take down your entire army.

The Vikings 1st tactic was great though to get them all stuck like fish in a barrel. Trap them in a narrow corridor.

Yeah, I figured Hirst was going to have them follow the sewers out of the castle then come back and attack it from outside. Would have made more sense.

It will be interesting to see who dies by the end of the Season. The Seer said that Lagertha would die by the hands of one of Ragnars sons, so Im assuming the last episode she will be killed by Ivar. Hopefully Astrid gets killed as well, and Torvi, and Margaritte.

Also LOL at Lagertha allying with the Sami reindeer herders.

The Vikings 1st tactic was great though to get them all stuck like fish in a barrel. Trap them in a narrow corridor.

Agreed that was great. Although I wonder if they just copied it straight from The Last Kingdom which did the same thing.

Good battle scene but I lmao at the amputated hand looking so fake and rubbery.

Good show last night. Ivar shouldn't have worried about his ships. If he wins the battle, he won't need them. Instead, he diverts men and himself from the battle.

Yeah, I figured Hirst was going to have them follow the sewers out of the castle then come back and attack it from outside. Would have made more sense.

It will be interesting to see who dies by the end of the Season. The Seer said that Lagertha would die by the hands of one of Ragnars sons, so Im assuming the last episode she will be killed by Ivar. Hopefully Astrid gets killed as well, and Torvi, and Margaritte.

Also LOL at Lagertha allying with the Sami reindeer herders.

Those reindeer herders turned the battle with their blowguns.

Getting kinda tired of Bjorn's mean mug. Punchable face.

Viking version of jumping out and scaring someone...

it-looks-like-leo-s-set-a-trend-bjorn-takes-on-a-bear-in-vikings-850555.jpg

Interesting episode. Some of the dialogue is getting a little cheesy but overall not too bad. The action is good and the suspense adds too it. I knew Ivar wouldn't go down without a fight but I was wondering if he'd turn on Harald. Obviously they are making Ivar and Harald to be the "bad guys". It doesn't make sense to battle each other when they can battle the "Chrish-tee-ins"

Lagertha's crew got owned at the negotiation. Ubba gets a drink tossed in his face and Halfdan gets sucker punched! lol

The whole bishop thing adds a twist, though it's kind of just thrown in there. Obviously this will become a big part of the story as it already has. Maybe he sympathizes with Lagertha. Maybe he has doubts like Athelstein. Maybe he kills one of the brothers?

I always love how these "kids" go into their first battle or they are clearly very new to battle and start crushing and slaughtering seasons warriors. For example that kid Guthrum and some of those women who learned to fight like 2 years ago or less. Though there did seem to be a lot of cans in these 2 armies.

The battle was cool, however, Im surprised Ivar's strategy, which is supposed to be his forte since hes crippled, was so easily read by Bjorn. Bjorn knew he would send Hvitserk into the woods and has those Saami ninjas waiting for them. Im hoping there will be another battle in the final episode where Ivar outmaneuvers them since thats supposed to be his strength.

Also, not sure what to make of the Bishop in Lagerthas hands now. Was just starting to get used to the bro-mance between Ivar and Hegmund. Will he fight for Team Lagertha now? Will he and Lagertha have sex? So many unanswered questions.

I'm glad the "good guys" won the battle. Still want Ivar to bite it though. Team Bjorn.

Back