VIKINGS v.3 (Returns Nov. 29, 2017)

Man, this show is just steadily declining. A bee sting? What the fuck?

I never had a problem before with the historical accuracy, as long as it was entertaining. This shit is just a clusterfuck, In what universe would a dude say "nah, my bastard half brother should be king, awesome idea ma."

He's Athelstan's kid, so we're supposed to give a fuck about him? I'm supposed to have a vested interest in this dweeb? Cared a lot more about Alfred in the Last Kingdom. He was a sack shit, but interesting. Great actor too

This whole season feels like them setting up the next generation, and the next generation is lame as fuck.

Thirsty Bishop is the only one with a plan I can get behind.

Lagertha >>>>> Everything.

I never had a problem before with the historical accuracy, as long as it was entertaining. This shit is just a clusterfuck, In what universe would a dude say "nah, my bastard half brother should be king, awesome idea ma."

He's Athelstan's kid, so we're supposed to give a fuck about him? I'm supposed to have a vested interest in this dweeb? Cared a lot more about Alfred in the Last Kingdom. He was a sack shit, but interesting. Great actor too

This whole season feels like them setting up the next generation, and the next generation is lame as fuck.

In the for realz history the older brother becomes king dies fairly quickly and Alfred takes over. Ushers in a golden age for that time and is remembered as one of the few Anglo kings worthy of the title Great, as in Alfred the Great.

Lagertha has that voodoo pussy.
I'm glad the "good guys" won the battle. Still want Ivar to bite it though. Team Bjorn.
If they feel like even remotely getting back on historical track Ivan dies back in Britain.

In the for realz history the older brother becomes king dies fairly quickly and Alfred takes over. Ushers in a golden age for that time and is remembered as one of the few Anglo kings worthy of the title Great, as in Alfred the Great.

He was still a king. He had sons of his own.

Not to keep banging this drum but Last Kingdom handled it better. The elder brother chooses Alfred to reign after him, chose him over his own son. It wasn't his one eared mother whispering in his ear, being a fucking super creep.

Also, again with this brother vs brother shit? Holy fuck, switch it up people. Ragnar vs Rollo can never be topped. Move it along.

How did Hvitserk make it to Normandy? Wasnt he bogged down by Sami blowgun darts? Also you need boats to get to Normandy from Norway. Ivar was at the boats right, not Hvitserk.

I knew when the brought in John Rhys Meyers, they will have him bang Katheryn Winnick.

Filler espisode. I agree it was retarded that they made Alfred king so quickly. One second the Witan was against it then Ethelred gives his endorsement and everyone falls in line, lol.

And why would Rollo commit a bunch of Frankish troops to help Ivar and Hvitserk? Still mad because he didnt get to bang Lagertha in season 1?

Also Ethelwulf dying from a ridiculous allergic reaction to a bee sting was retarded as well. Why not have him get wounded against the Vikings and die from a wound infection instead?

Last edited:
That may have been the worst episode of the series. I think the writers hate Aethelwulf. Cucked by a priest and his Dad, only girl that treated him decently is killed by his whore wife, gets made to look like a fool as a commander, and dies from a fucking bee sting. Not interested in the Floki storyline at all, Rollo backing Ivar makes zero sense, Heahmund gets passed around like a hoe again. Also can't stand Ivar.

^ Quoted for truth

That may have been the worst episode of the series. I think the writers hate Aethelwulf. Cucked by a priest and his Dad, only girl that treated him decently is killed by his whore wife, gets made to look like a fool as a commander, and dies from a fucking bee sting. Not interested in the Floki storyline at all, Rollo backing Ivar makes zero sense, Heahmund gets passed around like a hoe again. Also can't stand Ivar.
Was the worst episode ever. Also lagertha weighs more than her lovers lol...

I hate how incompetent the English are made to look in Vikings (talking sewer battle but plenty of other instances).. To be honest Rollo is my favourite character.. seeing him might have saved the episode.

The bee sting stuff I can live with.. even now people die to the oddest fucking stuff.. but the Alfred and his mum stuff.. good Lord that was hard to stomach.. isn't that also her son she fucked over?

Don't like Ivar at all.. maybe that' the point.. only really care about Bjorn and the 2 brothers.. I guess Rollo is never coming back..

Oh and for god sake drop the Iceland stuff.. I pay slight attention cause of Edge.. but I always hated Loki.. it's boring af get rid.

Idk if they want to make lagetha unlikable but she has become so and incredibly cringe worthy also over the last 2 seasons.. still don't know why she fucked harald

I wonder if Lagertha bites the dust in the season finale? The Seer predicted one of the sons would kill her.

The Iceland arc has been pretty boring so far, however I think they are doing it to set up the Icelanders discovering North America next season so hopefully that will be interesting.

Actually between that arc, Kattegat, Wessex, and the Russia part next season Im sure it will be even more rushed than ever.

If anyone watched the 00 episode, the entire cast makes a big deal of Lagethra's and the bishops relationship onscreen.

As in their dialogue is some of the best of the season, plus it seems the 2 actually shacked up in real life which adds a bit more chemistry onscreen.

Supposedly Rollo plays a big part in the second half, I'd expect some trickery out of his troops tbh.

Supposedly Rollo plays a big part in the second half, I'd expect some trickery out of his troops tbh.

Actually I didnt even consider that but now that you mention it, it does make sense that Rollo's Franks will turn coat on the battlefield and help Laegertha and Bjorn.

Bishop Heahmund's flip to Lagertha seemed rushed and unconvincing.

Also in episode 8, Ivar listening to the battle's outcome rather than helping out seemed foolish. What did he hope to accomplish? If he hears his side winning, he can rejoin them but his contribution wouldn't impact the outcome since they're already winning. If he hears his side losing, he could have at least come back and see for himself if his help would turn the tide around.

Bishop Heahmund's flip to Lagertha seemed rushed and unconvincing.

Ive never seen any show advance the plot so quickly.

We finally see Aethelwulf sitting on the throne as a true king, which he rightfully earned unlike his douchebag father, then a second later he gets a bee sting and he looks like the Elephant Man and dies.

Ridiculous.

Ive never seen any show advance the plot so quickly.
They must have been inspired by The Last Kingdom's fast pacing. (Not really serious)

We finally see Aethelwulf sitting on the throne as a true king, which he rightfully earned unlike his douchebag father, then a second later he gets a bee sting and he looks like the Elephant Man and dies.

Ridiculous.
It's a lesser of two evils for me. I prefer this faster-paced Vikings than the dragging season 3.

So, Ivar can fucking walk now? What kind of shit is that? I thought his legs didn't work.

On a side note, he continues to get less and less likeable.

Back