VIKINGS v.3 (Returns Nov. 29, 2017)

I dont think they intend for the characters to actually be the historical people, except maybe Ragnar(who is more mythical than historical). I think Hirst just chooses names of actual people from that era for the characters. Euphemios,Kassia, and Ziyadat Allah were all actual people from that time period as well.

There was a time jump in Season 4 where the story suddenly advanced several years.

Except Legartha (and most of the other women) didn't age at all. LOL. Katheryn looks pretty much the same and the kids aged like 25 years. I understand why they did that though. I mean she's their sex appeal in many ways.

oh right, Athelstan's son. Nonetheless, I was expecting him to play a big role this season and he's barely made an appearance.

The Last Kingdom is based on his (King Alfred the Great) entire story if you want to watch that btw.

Im looking forward to next Season. They will introduce Oleg the Prophet, the Viking who founded Kiev and Russia as a main character. Also I think they will show the Iceland Vikings discover North America and fight with the Skraelings there.

This is technically the "last" season right? Though I guess they are splitting it into 2 parts. So it's probably splitting hairs whether this is 5a and 5b or 5 and 6. Similar to how they did "season 4". IMO this is technically season 6 already if you go by the 10 episodes per season standard.

I found it funny that the fisherman still went and gave the message after raping her. At that point, he really didn't have to do anything.

Bro he might be a rapist but he's also a man of his word show some fucking respect.

But holy shit is she a terrible actress, and her physical stunts look ridiculous.

I loved her in the first couple of seasons, she was awesome, but the writers completely jumped the shark with her.

She didn't used to be such a bad actress. It's like they gave her more than she can handle or she read the script and gave up on this show.

The Last Kingdom is based on his (King Alfred the Great) entire story if you want to watch that btw.

Oh wow didn't realize that was his son on the Last Kingdom. So his son grows up to be a dick what a shame.

Oh wow didn't realize that was his son on the Last Kingdom. So his son grows up to be a dick what a shame.

lol. That that Alfred was kind of a weak douche. But that is my understanding about that show. It takes place when Alfred grows up to be king. The lineiage is Egbert then Aethulwulf, then Alfred. Though in real life Alfred is believed to be the youngest son of Aethulwulf, not a bastard son of a monk obviously.

You'll also notice that there is a young Guthrum in Vikings. He is Jarl Borg's son and was the kid who ended up betraying Floki's plans to leave to the land of the gods to Lagertha.

Guthrum is also a character in The Last Kingdom who at the beginning of the series has a strong hold on one of the kingdoms in England and was was of the warlords.

http://the-last-kingdom.wikia.com/wiki/Guthrum

I dont know if it's supposed to be the same person but the timeline would make sense between him and Alfred (roughly). And Guthrum would have some political influence since his biological father was an Earl (Jarl) and his adopted father Erlendur, was the son of a previous King (King Horik) - Again these are all just fun things to talk about. There is no history of Horik's sons I don't believe.

Last edited:
Lol at plucked eyebrows ... too much on bishop.

Freaking metrosexual warriors...

So, I made a mistake... I tried catching up on this show from season 1 while simultaneously watching The Last Kingdom.

Pretty sure my brain started to leak out of my ear canals..... All I know is The Last Kingdom is far FAR closer to what potentially actually happened than Vikings but Vikings' violence for TV is far more entertaining.

I'm sad Bjorn came back from Sicily. I was hoping he'd go to Constantinople.

So, I made a mistake... I tried catching up on this show from season 1 while simultaneously watching The Last Kingdom.

Pretty sure my brain started to leak out of my ear canals..... All I know is The Last Kingdom is far FAR closer to what potentially actually happened than Vikings but Vikings' violence for TV is far more entertaining.

You should watch Vikings and then Last Kingdom.

She didn't used to be such a bad actress. It's like they gave her more than she can handle or she read the script and gave up on this show.

She used to walk around, scowl, and look good.

I'm sad Bjorn came back from Sicily. I was hoping he'd go to Constantinople.

You should watch Vikings and then Last Kingdom.

I actually like that Bjorn came back. It makes the battle with him and his brothers more interesting.

It’s like the knock off version of game of thrones and you guys know it ...

Lol at WB cast of Viking brothers . So dam cheesy come on guys .

Game of Thrones without the nudity. Last night wasn't a great episode, too many people want to be King or Queen.

So does Astrid have Harold’s baby or one of the 6 guys who gang raped her.

I actually like that Bjorn came back. It makes the battle with him and his brothers more interesting.

Yes. It kind of evens the score a bit. I mean you had Harald, Ivar, and Hvistsek vs Lagertha and Ubba. Harald and Ivar have far stronger armies as Lagertha basically only holds Kattegat and Ubba has no army. He had like 2 ships that left with him and the rest stay with Ivar.

And now you have Bjorn who is obviously going to side with his mother and he has a decent sized crew with him. PLUS what is Halfdan going to do now? Is he going to fight with Bjorn vs Harald? Is he going to betray Harald and join Bjorn? I know he doesn't technically have an army but the show can play on the brother vs brother from that angle too.

He's got that sweet hipster fade haircut going for him though!
everyone on the show has a fade or a shaved undercut. Can you even shave hair that close with midieval tools? And then there's Floki with a perfectly shaved head while floating for weeks in open ocean. The styling choices for this show really stretch credulity.

Back