VIDEO: man shot by police in Baton Rouge (Alton Sterling thread)

Yeah this one's tricky. He was clearly struggling with the cops, even while on the ground and obviously trying to be restrained, after multiple warnings during the struggle. I wouldn't be quick to judge this one against the cops.

Was it confirmed that was a gun removed from his right pocket?

This is the other shooting and I usually defend the actions of many police officers actions but this one was questionable. No video what happened before the shooting but he had a very good history as a full time employee at Public School.

He has nothing but a good history and I do know Mark Zuckerberg is going nuclear on this by putting his resources behind it. He only put this post up to his vast number of followers but behind the scenes things are happening. The took over her facebook page and Mark reposted the recording of the live feed.

I hope black people take revenge and take down few officers. Fuck them....only way they will understand is if they lose few of theirs.

Feel better now that you got your wish?

His name is being spray painted all over Atlanta along with things like "Fuck the police" and "Riot for Alton"

So Alton was a registered sex offender, convicted felon and was carrying a gun? Are these facts?

Feel better now that you got your wish?
Holy shit wtf is wrong with that asshole? "I hope a couple of random cops who have zero to do with the other situations die and leave their children without father's."

Well hopefully someone kills you Gervhino

Holy shit wtf is wrong with that asshole? "I hope a couple of random cops who have zero to do with the other situations die and leave their children without father's."

You do realize that having a specific target is pretty much the legal difference between a threat and a non-threat, right ?

As in - I personally wouldn't want my name associated with the statement you just made. i didn't quote it in case you want to edit it.

You do realize that having a specific target is pretty much the legal difference between a threat and a non-threat, right ?

As in - I personally wouldn't want my name associated with the statement you just made. i didn't quote it in case you want to edit it.
You might want to back track and read what was said before that. I was mocking someone else who said something stupid. And no I can't get in trouble for telling someone I hope they die after they said cops needed to die.

Does anyone know if police related shootings/killings have been trending down over the past couple of decades like most violent crime has?

I would assume so but couldn't really find any good stats about that.

You might want to back track and read what was said before that. I was mocking someone else who said something stupid. And no I can't get in trouble for telling someone I hope they die after they said cops needed to die.

*shrug* Just looking out for your wellbeing, man. I hope you don't get in trouble for your statement.

So Alton was a registered sex offender, convicted felon and was carrying a gun? Are these facts?

What was he a registered sex offender for? I've seen people get this for peeing in public and stupid shit like that.

Edit: Never mind I found it. He had sex with a 14 year old girl when he was 20. They were together for seven months. Got her pregnant as well.

What was he a registered sex offender for? I've seen people get this for peeing in public and stupid shit like that.

Edit: Never mind I found it. He had sex with a 14 year old girl when he was 20. They were together for seven months. Got her pregnant as well.

Yep. He was a quality, upstanding citizen. Let's grab pitchforks and torches to avenge this great guy!

Yep. He was a quality, upstanding citizen. Let's grab pitchforks and torches to avenge this great guy!

It's tough situation really. We shouldn't be ok with cops killing people like him just cause they weren't the greatest citizens but at the same time it's like you said he was kind of a POS.

It's tough situation really. We shouldn't be ok with cops killing people like him just cause they weren't the greatest citizens but at the same time it's like you said he was kind of a POS.

He wasn't killed because he was vermin. He was killed because he had a fucking gun and was fighting the cops.

He wasn't killed because he was vermin. He was killed because he had a fucking gun and was fighting the cops.

I never said that's why he was killed. I said we shouldn't be ok with cops killing people who are vermin regardless of how they do it just cause the people are vermin.

I never said that's why he was killed. I said we shouldn't be ok with cops killing people who are vermin regardless of how they do it just cause the people are vermin.

Cops don't normally go out there and kill people all willy-nilly. Usually there's a damn good reason - like they had a gun. I don't think anyone would be ok with anyone gunning someone down for shits and giggles.

Back