VIDEO: Insane Blackzillians Sparring Session Between Anthony Johnson vs Tyrone Spong!

I would freakin hate to have to spar with either of these guys, especially rumble.

My God these dudes go hard!

Is this a good thing? or a bad thing? Reminds me of the old chute boxe days. But the blackzillians are like 4-20 or something like that this year

The Blackzillians Losing Streak Continues...Where Will It End?

OH MY GOD!!! THAT WAS SO INSANE!!!

They must've landed at least one clean shot each!!!

I'm still in shock as a result of the INSANITY I just witnessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's nothing in comparison to the furious beating some shertards put on themselves when a new Sage thread is posted.
Lol! Underrated post, or did it just fly over peoples heads?

Can anyone who trains tell me what the actual advantages/benefits are to going that hard during a sparring session?

I would think the cons would far outweigh the pros, no?

Learning to overcome difficulty when pressured/tired, overcoming fear in younger guys. Thats it. Everything else is a disadvantage: accumulating brain damage, risking injuries on training, getting cut and opening older cuts etc.

Thought it was going to be worse. Hard, but short.

everything missed. but its still not good to spar like that, just a way to kill your chin and get injured

i really don't see anything thrown overly hard from rumble. look like 2 tired guys at end of a session.

Wow, can't believe the amount of people who supposedly train thinking this is super hard sparring. I mean, Jesus, light sparring is all fine and good, but is that all you guys do? They were going maybe 40% in this video. And that's a stretch.

Its just rumble swinging and missing not to mention he looks down when he throw the hook.

The only pro that I can think of is knowing how to react better when you are rocked in a real fight.

Other than that, the cons FAR outweigh the pros. You are deteriorating your chin and increasing your chances of getting permanent brain damage.

Sparring should be to work on your reflexes, distance control, combinations, speed, lateral movement, fighting while going backwards/forward, etc.

I fully agree that it has far more cons than pros. By far.

But the other pro is facing a beast going full strength and knowing you can do that and come out the other side with your consciousness and mental courage. You def trade in some brain cells for this kind of testing.

I don't have any desire to test myself in this way, but I'm not going in a cage to fight monsters on a regular basis either.

A lifestyle like that is just too much spending your retirement health on your youth for my tastes. But as some guys have told me "who knows if we'll ever live to be old. Can't plan my whole life around that."

To each their own, but I'd save it for the fight if I was a fighter. Which I wouldn't be.

Rumble young men, rumble....

Not sure what the big deal is. Looked like they were both pulling their punches

That's nothing in comparison to the furious beating some shertards put on themselves when a new Sage thread is posted.

100615-UFC-192-Sage-Northcutt-PI-CH.vresize.1200.675.high.72.jpg

Seeing as they're 2 of the best in the world at what they do, I'd trust their opinion on what training methods over some random people on a forum

Back