[Video] Crazy black man killed by NYPD in Brooklyn

Yeah, you're well aware of what my thoughts are on the current police institution, but this is silly. WTF are they protesting? The fact that guy actually tried to make it look like he was shoving a gun in people's faces?

To some whack jobs there's no such thing as a justified shooting.

The man had a mental illness, and a lot of the people in the neighborhood new him and were aware that he was not dangerous.

If the police department imported less people from outside out of town, and had more focus on community policing, where officers are integrated into the community and grew up in the area, and knew what was going on and who is who, things like these would happen less. A lot of the neighbors had nothing but good things to say about the man killed, and they knew he had a mental illness. Unfortunately a lot of programs like veterans preference for example, have a negative effect like that, a lot of people who didn't grown up in majority black areas end up policing majority black areas.

Also, the time between the police officer's arrival and their call for an ambulance was literally under 30 seconds. They showed up, did not attempt any meaningful ways of de escalation, which would have made it obvious that his "gun" was a pipe, and shot the man dead, before handcuffing it.

You guys need to look at the macro instead of the micro approach of "he was waving something that could have been a gun, so he deserved it." There are ways to make situations like these less fatal statistically. Just because someone can be misperceived as a threat does not mean any violent reaction is justified by the men and women whose hob should be assessing and deescalating difficult situations with minium casualties.

You are right about several things in your post, but at the same time, even outside of the lens of todays media bs, the outcome of this wasn't really absurd.

It would have been better if he wasn't shot though, and it is nothing to celebrate. Any time someone who doesn't need to die, dies, there is room to learn.

I disagree that it had to end badly. He, after all, did not have a gun. I don't think thinking someone may have a weapon has to result in someone's death.

Part of the problem is the way police are taught to unload at a potential dangerous target. I think more focus on aiming for the limbs may be a an improvement on the training, even though it does, in some rare cases, endanger the officers more. I do think that based on how many times people with mental illness are shot being weighed against how often police officers get shot and killed in these situations, it would make sense to change the approach or training regarding volatile instances like these. After all, a potential suspect's life is not less important than a police officer's, yet the police officer has all the power and preference of how to deal with the situation.

I think police officers that act poorly or in a prejudiced fashion in these kinds of situations should be fired with prompt abandon, and more adaptable and perceptive police officers should replace them.

You are being obtuse. Again, multiple people in the neighborhood called in to say a guy was pointing a gun at people, so the officers came in with that in their working memories, and then they saw a metal object with a metal barrel being pointed at them while the guy was crouched in a shooting stance.

And of course a suspect's life is not less important than officer's, but you are being quixotic here, as of course the officer is going to err on the side of not getting shot and killed. Survival is the primary and overriding instinct or else his ancestors would have died out tens of thousands of years ago with the other dumb apes.

I am sympathetic to people with mental illness, and am sympathetic to their families, but come on, this guy put himself and the officers in a terrible situation regardless of him being manic, psychotic, intoxicated, or some combination of those. Until we have robocops, cops are going to be human, and you can't reasonably expect to have a force of officers who would grasp, in real time with their fight or flight responses wrestling control away from the higher order structures of the brain, that the guy was mentally ill, that the people calling in saying the guy had a gun were wrong, and that the guy was just inexplicably pointing something metallic that strongly resembles a gun at them. Until we have robocops, I am glad that we have police officers who are willing to go towards potentially lethal situations with the animals that populate our prisons, and I am willing to accept the human error in situations like these.

Last edited:
Seems like there's money in instigating race riots

Here’s cnn showing off the blood on their hands...

1hy5.jpg

If anyone is feeling outrage at this, they can take their outrage and sit on it sideways. I don’t mean that to indicate that the family should not be sad, or that people should not be upset that a mentally ill man was killed, but there is no legitimate blame that can be directed at police or the terrified 911 callers that were unable to tell that this was not a gun-unlike the guy that said he could tell from a block away

Wow. And lol at the girl saying he had a bright future ahead of him. Sure he did, he loved to laugh, go to school, and occasionally burglarize local homes! What's wrong with that?!?!

Wow. They actually defended him by saying how is he supposed to get money. I want those two interviewed for every police shooting from here on out.

The man had a mental illness, and a lot of the people in the neighborhood new him and were aware that he was not dangerous.

If the police department imported less people from outside out of town, and had more focus on community policing, where officers are integrated into the community and grew up in the area, and knew what was going on and who is who, things like these would happen less. A lot of the neighbors had nothing but good things to say about the man killed, and they knew he had a mental illness. Unfortunately a lot of programs like veterans preference for example, have a negative effect like that, a lot of people who didn't grown up in majority black areas end up policing majority black areas.

Also, the time between the police officer's arrival and their call for an ambulance was literally under 30 seconds. They showed up, did not attempt any meaningful ways of de escalation, which would have made it obvious that his "gun" was a pipe, and shot the man dead, before handcuffing it.

You guys need to look at the macro instead of the micro approach of "he was waving something that could have been a gun, so he deserved it." There are ways to make situations like these less fatal statistically. Just because someone can be misperceived as a threat does not mean any violent reaction is justified by the men and women whose hob should be assessing and deescalating difficult situations with minium casualties.

He took a shooter’s stance at police. There is no waiting for him to fire first, especially when he was running around and pointing that thing at people up close, and they even thought it was a gun. Fuck everyone of those protesters

Holy shit... You, sir, are clueless. No offense, but really.

Aiming at limbs is both cruel and unusual punishment. That's just the tip of the iceberg regarding that nonsense

He absolutely has to be trolling or I feel sorry for the pain he must live with because it has to hurt to be that stupid

Here’s cnn showing off the blood on their hands...

1hy5.jpg
Yep had some friends share this story on Facebook. Like the police just killed a black guy, just because. Some serious disinformation being spread and I suspect more violence will be the result of this Marxist sympathetic crap

Yep had some friends share this story on Facebook. Like the police just killed a black guy, just because. Some serious disinformation being spread and I suspect more violence will be the result of this Marxist sympathetic crap

Did any of those hack pieces of shit apologize ?

@dfoster maybe amend title to "mentally ill" or something that doesn't make the guy sound like he was rabid or actually being violent?

Holy shit. What a retarded bitch. I'm sorry the cops have to deal with the psychological ramifications of killing this piece of shit but hopefully, with time, they realize that the SECOND they ended this dipshit's life they made the world a WAY better place than it was the second before.

So a mentally challenged person with mental illness gets killed, justifiably, by the cops and your response is to call him a "retarded bitch," "a piece of shit," and a "dipshit" and actively celebrate that he's dead and that the world is a better now that he's dead.

I hope you feel good about yourself. Also lol @ you referring to yourself as being a "non-dipshit" for celebrating a special needs man's death and not feeling sorry for him or his family.

He clearly needed Institutionalized.

This is the appropriate response. Man, people here.

What outrage addicts don't understand is that being so reactionary for cases like that actually weaken the case for legit cases that need careful and thoughtful evaluation.

I wonder if he really wanted to die and his actions were premeditated, or if he was just having some sort of psychotic episode.

I've had the blues before; like everyone else the thought has crossed my mind...only to be squashed by a hundred other thoughts that show and remind me of all the things I have to live for.

Can't imagine what it would be like to be so crazy you can't control yourself. In a country where people like us get shot for skittles and iced tea, THATS how you're gonna roll?

The closest situation I can reference to even coming close to being that crazy is the two times in my life I suffered a blackout from drinking. (#BanNewfieScreech)

What outrage addicts don't understand is that being so reactionary for cases like that actually weaken the case for legit cases that need careful and thoughtful evaluation.

Meh... they don't care. They're incapable of emotional control. Should be put down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back