[Video] Crazy black man killed by NYPD in Brooklyn

Right ? Poor kid. Some fucking toy.

Just search Tamir Rice gun.

So, just to be sure, you were okay with them breaking protocol and just sliding up on him hot and opening fire instead of trying to mitigate the situation....with a fucking child?

Neighborhood resident Bob Dylan, 29, said that Vassell always had the metal rod with him.
“He never had it out, he just kept it on his waist,” Dylan said.

Bob Dylan brought up something very familiar. I spent lots of time with charities for homeless people. This is a familiar sight: a homeless crazy person often have SOMETHING on him. I'm reminded of a pleasant conversation with a homeless guy until he pulled back his jacket, revealing a long screwdriver tucked in his waist band. I looked up and his eyes were wide open in a threatening manner. I took a step back ready to defense myself, then he went back to normal again, as if he did that to scare off some demon behind me.

If you spend a lot of time on the streets, crazy or not, you HAVE to be armed or you won't last. Almost all of the homeless I know have knives, screwdrivers, hammers on their persons and in their backpacks. I once saw a homeless guy with a silver, shinny machete tucked inside his backpack as he rode his bike around the streets like it's nothing. It's the display of potential menace that they're after, not the actual menace itself.

If you're an adult and you have nothing to do, wandering the streets like most homeless people, there are 2 things you will get into: substances (alcohol, drugs) or crime. Why? because there is literally nothing else to do, your mind just goes numb as you pass the endless time with no punctuation. A homeless guy once told me it's like in prison: the time goes on and on forever. You gotta occupy yourself with something.

So, based on my experience and what the legendary Bob Dylan said: the 'pipe' wasn't just some harmless toy a childlike bi-polar picked up to play with. It was MEANT FOR A PURPOSE. That was why he always had it with him in his waist. The most obvious one is self defense. The less obvious: general intimidation.

It's a lot more necessary than you think. Let's say you're a homeless guy standing in line at a soup kitchen and someone cuts inline, it's late and you might not get to eat. But the guy is so much bigger than you, what do you do? display a threat, reveal a knife or gun to get him to back off. And of course, once you have a useful intimidation tool, you might start using it to get more resources? why not? mugging, robbing people to get high. Homeless people kill each other over a couple of bucks.

So based on my experience, he always had that fake gun tuck in his waist for intimidation purposes, and most likely not all honorable ones. And he probably done it many times before but this time he went overboard and got stopped.

I read an online comment from a local witness when it went down: he did this to a lot more people than shown in the video. It was at a local bus stop and people were in fear for their lives. The truth is often of the lowest common denominator.

How does it feel, how does it feel?
To be without a home
Like a complete unknown, like a rolling stone...

So, just to be sure, you were okay with them breaking protocol and just sliding up on him hot and opening fire instead of trying to mitigate the situation....with a fucking child?

He pointed the fake gun at them aiming to shoot, there was no time to say a damn thing. Either duck or shoot back.

He pointed the fake gun at them aiming to shoot, there was no time to say a damn thing. Either duck or shoot back.

Yeah, that's fine. No one is doubting the cops.

I'm doubting you calling him crazy, as opposed to mentally ill or....you know, retarded.

I'm doubting you calling him crazy, as opposed to mentally ill or....you know, retarded.

Mentally retarded = mentally held back = of inferior intelligence

I find him to be quite the opposite. He was able to take a useless object and make it look like he had a real gun. He was so convincing that he scared a lot of people to the point of killing him for self defense. A retard would have been laughed off for his effort, like a bag lady trying to scare you off with a shoe.

It took ingenuity to pick the object and use it so effectively to achieve his end. Like I said in my other post, it was part of something purposeful, not some childlish prank. He just went overboard with it and got stopped. His relatives just use the insanity defense.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...bipolar-man-health-shooting-article-1.3915962

lol, this is an example how you can inflame this by just quoting the people. Without the video, there could be a riot.

Apparently not loving enough to refrain from terrorizing a mother and her young child. He definitely was not well loved by them either.

Right, that's why they recoiled in horror when he jumped at them with the pipe pointing at their throat.

This kind of stupid discrepancies between 'impartial witnesses' and the video make you wonder about the other shootings of black men by the police.
they would have shot him if he was white to it just would not have made the news

This just highlights the problem we have with mental illness in this country. I would liked to have seen a different outcome in this case, but we all know what happens when the police think a black man has a gun in this country.
stupid comment

The man had a mental illness, and a lot of the people in the neighborhood new him and were aware that he was not dangerous.

If the police department imported less people from outside out of town, and had more focus on community policing, where officers are integrated into the community and grew up in the area, and knew what was going on and who is who, things like these would happen less. A lot of the neighbors had nothing but good things to say about the man killed, and they knew he had a mental illness. Unfortunately a lot of programs like veterans preference for example, have a negative effect like that, a lot of people who didn't grown up in majority black areas end up policing majority black areas.

Also, the time between the police officer's arrival and their call for an ambulance was literally under 30 seconds. They showed up, did not attempt any meaningful ways of de escalation, which would have made it obvious that his "gun" was a pipe, and shot the man dead, before handcuffing it.

You guys need to look at the macro instead of the micro approach of "he was waving something that could have been a gun, so he deserved it." There are ways to make situations like these less fatal statistically. Just because someone can be misperceived as a threat does not mean any violent reaction is justified by the men and women whose hob should be assessing and deescalating difficult situations with minium casualties.
meaningful ways to de escalate would have given them time to see the gun was fake, are you fucking kidding me. If you present something like a gun it is not the cops job to die trying to figure out if your serious or not

You are being obtuse. Again, multiple people in the neighborhood called in to say a guy was pointing a gun at people, so the officers came in with that in their working memories, and then they saw a metal object with a metal barrel being pointed at them while the guy was crouched in a shooting stance.

And of course a suspect's life is not less important than officer's, but you are being quixotic here, as of course the officer is going to err on the side of not getting shot and killed. Survival is the primary and overriding instinct or else his ancestors would have died out tens of thousands of years ago with the other dumb apes.

I am sympathetic to people with mental illness, and am sympathetic to their families, but come on, this guy put himself and the officers in a terrible situation regardless of him being manic, psychotic, intoxicated, or some combination of those. Until we have robocops, cops are going to be human, and you can't reasonably expect to have a force of officers who would grasp, in real time with their fight or flight responses wrestling control away from the higher order structures of the brain, that the guy was mentally ill, that the people calling in saying the guy had a gun were wrong, and that the guy was just inexplicably pointing something metallic that strongly resembles a gun at them. Until we have robocops, I am glad that we have police officers who are willing to go towards potentially lethal situations with the animals that populate our prisons, and I am willing to accept the human error in situations like these.
this

I disagree that it had to end badly. He, after all, did not have a gun. I don't think thinking someone may have a weapon has to result in someone's death.
If I point a gun at you in a threatening manner, would it not be prudent for you to defend yourself?
This isn't about a guy who "may have a weapon" it's about a guy who threatened multiple people including police.
Can't believe this needs to be clarified.

Part of the problem is the way police are taught to unload at a potential dangerous target. I think more focus on aiming for the limbs may be a an improvement on the training, even though it does, in some rare cases, endanger the officers more.
And what expertise do you have on this subject? Based on the fact that you seem to think you can aim at someone's limbs while they're point a gun at you, I'm going to guess you've never fired a gun nor had to perform any motor skill under the influence of an adrenaline dump.

What you're saying is blatantly ignorant of basic level knowledge of self defense, which is funny, because you seem to be presenting yourself as an expert.

What's the point of identifying the person by the color of their skin in the title or headlines? How come it is selective in stories?

Bob Dylan brought up something very familiar. I spent lots of time with charities for homeless people. This is a familiar sight: a homeless crazy person often have SOMETHING on him. I'm reminded of a pleasant conversation with a homeless guy until he pulled back his jacket, revealing a long screwdriver tucked in his waist band. I looked up and his eyes were wide open in a threatening manner. I took a step back ready to defense myself, then he went back to normal again, as if he did that to scare off some demon behind me.

If you spend a lot of time on the streets, crazy or not, you HAVE to be armed or you won't last. Almost all of the homeless I know have knives, screwdrivers, hammers on their persons and in their backpacks. I once saw a homeless guy with a silver, shinny machete tucked inside his backpack as he rode his bike around the streets like it's nothing. It's the display of potential menace that they're after, not the actual menace itself.

If you're an adult and you have nothing to do, wandering the streets like most homeless people, there are 2 things you will get into: substances (alcohol, drugs) or crime. Why? because there is literally nothing else to do, your mind just goes numb as you pass the endless time with no punctuation. A homeless guy once told me it's like in prison: the time goes on and on forever. You gotta occupy yourself with something.

So, based on my experience and what the legendary Bob Dylan said: the 'pipe' wasn't just some harmless toy a childlike bi-polar picked up to play with. It was MEANT FOR A PURPOSE. That was why he always had it with him in his waist. The most obvious one is self defense. The less obvious: general intimidation.

It's a lot more necessary than you think. Let's say you're a homeless guy standing in line at a soup kitchen and someone cuts inline, it's late and you might not get to eat. But the guy is so much bigger than you, what do you do? display a threat, reveal a knife or gun to get him to back off. And of course, once you have a useful intimidation tool, you might start using it to get more resources? why not? mugging, robbing people to get high. Homeless people kill each other over a couple of bucks.

So based on my experience, he always had that fake gun tuck in his waist for intimidation purposes, and most likely not all honorable ones. And he probably done it many times before but this time he went overboard and got stopped.

I read an online comment from a local witness when it went down: he did this to a lot more people than shown in the video. It was at a local bus stop and people were in fear for their lives. The truth is often of the lowest common denominator.

How does it feel, how does it feel?
To be without a home
Like a complete unknown, like a rolling stone...

I also volunteer and work with the homeless, though I guess it’s not actual volunteer work since I get paid, but I volunteer to do it when very few would want to do that work. Anyway, I will say that I have gained a ton of empathy for how hard it is to be homeless. I lose my shit if my internet goes down, or without power for too long. So anyone that says “I wish I could simply choose not to work blah blah blah.” I invite them to go ahead and see if it is as much fun as they had hoped. Just the discomfort from not bathing regularly would make most people go insane.

I did not put in those little upset emojis, censored content

Another video of Saheed menacing more people before being shot. One guy actually ran away with his hands up and Saheed casually chased after him. A lot of people were panicking. He was just having a good old time, enjoying that last rush of power.

look at the number of people protesting. My guess is they all saw the video but they just didn't care. They're addicted to outrage.

"Whose streets? Saheed's streets" Apparently that's how he treated them running around menacing people. Live by the streets, die by the streets

Last edited:
look at the number of people protesting. My guess is they all saw the video but they just didn't care. They're addicted to outrage.

These are the same types who marched past a federal prison chanting "We see you! We love you!", at a bunch of murderers and rapists, and then followed it up with "What do we want? DEAD COPS! When do we want it? NOW!"

There's no reaching these lunatics. They're insane, and don't care about silly little things like details and facts.

What's protocol ? This should be rich coming from you.

Also, Rice was the size of a grown man. A child, yes, but a very large one.

Again...your hatred, rage, weakness and obvious lack of anything resembling objectivity is noted. You'd make a marginal Sith.

Lastly, I never said this was "ok" or the optimal approach, but what would I know, eh ? I, unlike you, look at these things objectively so we understand why it happened like this and it helps us to prevent similar situations in the future.

These are the same types who marched past a federal prison chanting "We see you! We love you!", at a bunch of murderers and rapists, and then followed it up with "What do we want? DEAD COPS! When do we want it? NOW!"

There's no reaching these lunatics. They're insane, and don't care about silly little things like details and facts.

Sub mental cretins. Should be sterilized, at least. No place in our society for worthless parasitic trash like them.

More videos depicting this absolute insanity. Screaming in officers’ faces, threats, crying-someone should tell these people that the oscars already happened this year, and oscarsowhite is apparently a thing, so all their stomping and screaming will rightfully be ignored by all but the cops, who unfortunately have to deal with that frustration in a positive way.

Stop killing us-do you say that in the mirror?

Back