Video: Bow Hunter Attacked By Surprised Black Bear

Grizzly bears (brown bears) - play dead.
Black bears - fight back. Make noise. Try to scare off. Seems futile but a black bear will just kill you if you play dead and you might gouge an eye out or otherwise convince the bear It isn't worth it to fuck with you.

Perhaps the bear didn't have much of a ground game.
Black Bear taking a book from Houston Alexander's chapter.

Also, Herb Dean called the fight off as soon as the bear got within 10 feet. I think he should've let it go a few more seconds, personally.

This Canadian Pasty piece of shit went back and killed the poor animal....

The hunter seems like an idiot. Why in the hell did he let the bear get that close without even attempting to move?

It amazes me sometimes how so many people don't even know the shit.

For the unitiated:

Btw, I know I can't be the only one that completely wood^. Bear defense tactics and all.
I'd just go with it...
"Yeah baby, I'm a bare. Yeah, throw your flipflops at me... Now roll up in a ball. Just like that... Rahr."

I've been pretty close to a few black bears during my time living upstate.

Once I was leaning up against a tree to take a leak while in the woods - when I looked up, a black bear was looking dead at me from about 25 yards out. I just ice grilled him back and he scurried off after a few moments lol.

They almost always break out when they encounter humans, but it's still not a good idea to tempt them any. I've seen some pretty big ones, all frothing at the mouth and such. Plus I have run into a mother and cubs; you don't fuck with them.

My username is based on the fact that, in my region, I run into them pretty often. Shit, they troop it through the woods right behind my place of residence every year.

Guy is lucky he didn't get his ass mauled.
do you have a gamebred pit to protect you?

This Canadian Pasty piece of shit went back and killed the poor animal....

<TheWire1>

Foreigners of peace

I work on Prince of Wales Island, AK which has the most dense population, and some of the biggest sized Black Bears in the world. I see Bears at least 5 days a week. I'm cool with them, as long as they stay out of my garbage. As longs as the berries start appearing by mid may and the salmon start filling the creeks in June, we usually have very little conflict with them. But if there normal food sources are not there, they will come into the towns and villages.

It wouldn't have gone down like this with Alexander Emelianenko there.

Cecil Peoples scored that round for the hunter.

hSuwMtt.jpg

Back