(video) Alexander Gustafsson "I want that fight with Rumble again" | Page 5

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MMA Crazy TV, Mar 19, 2017.

1. JKS 77+&--#rT....

JKS
    Gus is gonna have to show me something good vs Glover standing to give me confidence he can beat or stay on the feet with Rumble, because he didnt look great vs Jan standing......I think he lost the stand up in that fight and won it with the wrestling. I've personally always wanted to see this rematch between Gus and Rumble. The issue for Gus in this fight always will be that he's never been a great defensive fighter and gets hit too much in most of his fights, Rumble is the worse guy to fight considering this.

If he can stay on the feet vs Glover and not take too much damage and win the stand up with conviction then I will say he's got a good shot at beating Rumble, the wrestling is there for him now to mix it up.

Son of Jamin likes this.
  2. MMA Crazy TV Purple Belt

MMA Crazy TV
    i agree would make it much more interesting

3. Emjay And again and again and again and ag.. zzzzzzzz

Emjay
    All Gus had to do was stop bobbing and Rumble wouldn't have (allegedly) hit him in the back of the head.

4. bubby Yellow Card

bubby
    Well, yeah. Gus is a better loser than rumble. He's probably the best at losing out of any top 5 in the history of the sport.

Pwent likes this.
  5. BlastoiseDad Brown Belt

BlastoiseDad
    I don't see how anyone can possibly be confident in this.

6. GBcrazy Brown Belt

GBcrazy
    Gus won't fight Manuwa again, they are close teamates now

7. Pwent Guest

Pwent
    gus with that "rushing in with your hands down and no head movement" strategy only works on guys who get overwhelmed by his offense

[​IMG]

rumble wouldve murdered gus if he rushed in with unprotected uppercuts like that. ancient shogun cracked him for the same reason. gus rushing forward throwing multiple uppercuts in a row. just begging to get punched
    [​IMG]

look how many times in the above gifs, that gus' feet completely squared up with his opponent
    hands low+square feet+ now headmovement=rumble fucking kills you

idk how people even say the kick counter was a fluke, ancient shogun countered his "hands down at my waist" kick also
    [​IMG]

look how long gus' hands were away from his head. from the time he threw that uppercut, to after the kick, his hands never went to protect his face.

conversely, rumble never gets out of position, always throws from his stance
    [​IMG]

rumble may switch stances, but he always stays composed in a fire fight and doesnt get overwhelmed in exchanges, like what gus tries to do to opponents
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2017
  8. Toco Steel Belt

Toco
    Gus will make it look easy

9. edirp Double Yellow Card

edirp
    You guys should check out that first Kevin Burns fight. Rumble couldn't find his range and heartlessly quit against Burns. All Gus needs to do is move and it will frustrate Rumble into quitting eventually.

10. bubby Yellow Card

bubby
    What? He was winning before getting eye poked. He heartlessly quit to a massive eye poke?

11. Guile Black Belt

Guile
    Based on what? Rumble hasn't been outstruck since moving up and would likely finish Gus again within 2 rounds.

12. Guile Black Belt

Guile
    Why are you bringing up fights from 5+ years ago? You saw how the rematch went.

13. froggyluv Blue Belt

froggyluv
    Gus hates his face being arranged

14. spannered Real men don't wear belts

spannered
    LOL I've probably never read a more inaccurate synopsis of a fighter. Gus brawls a lot, rushes in with his hands down and uses power to overwhelm opponents?? Are you sure you're thinking of the right guy?

Watch his Shogun, Jones, Cormier, Silva fights (or ANY of his fights)...he uses range and technical, straight punches and counters to get the win. He's by no means a 'power puncher', he relies on combos to put guys away, he rarely (if ever) brawls, and I can't think of a single fight where he's thrown his stance and defense out the window to wing punches like you're making out.

It's crazy how wrong you got that.

15. Glumberjack Brown Belt

Glumberjack
    I would like to see it too regardless of the outcome of DC/Rumble. Although if Rumble wins I would assume we finally get Rumble/Jones.