(video) Alexander Gustafsson "I want that fight with Rumble again"

Gus does not have the power to keep Rumble at bay. Rumble can just walk through Gus's shots and throw bombs. I think Johnson wins easily again....

If Rumble beats DC. EVERYONE is going to want to fight him. ZERO strange about that.

He should fight OSP next before taking on Rumble. So he can build up his resume.

Hard hitting black dudes are Gus' kryptonite, he should fight a pasty white guy.

I never understood why people claimed Alex was broken mentally, or had been given an easy run. Who are the top 5 in the LHW division right now? Cormier, AJ, Jones, Glover, Manuwa? Gus has beat Manuwa, had razor-thin barn burners against Cormier and Jones that easily could have been ruled in his favor, got KOd viciously by AJ and is about to fight Glover. He says he wants rematches against any of the top 3 that beat him. What the fuck more do you want from him?

Extremely exciting fighter and one of the best in a thin 205 division. Give him his respect.

Gus fans are delusional. Rumble is by far his worst matchup and obliterates him 99% of the time

Gus would need to employ a lot of wrestling, because he gets hit in the face way too much to stand with Rumble.

If Gus wrestles him I think he could win. But man, does he really want to get in the cage with Rumble again? Dude is scary as shit! Balls of steal!

Gus fans are delusional. Rumble is by far his worst matchup and obliterates him 99% of the time

Gus can wrestle though, he has proven it against Jones, DC, and Jan. Rumble is ridiculously dangerous standing but we all know what happens when you put him on his back. I could see Gus surprising AJ with takedowns and beating him up on the ground or even submitting him.

Would rather see him fight Jones again, Jones X Gus is the best fight ever imo

Jones beats the DC/Rumble winner...Gus beats Glover...Gus X Jones II for the title at the end of the year in a perfect world.

Where are all the Gus revisionist/apologist who say "Rumble got lucky der, Gus would destroy him in a rematch derp!"
Wjn2W5L.jpg

He beat Jones and DC worse than they've ever been beaten.

Yeah he certainly gave them tough matches and I wouldn't mind seeing rematches there but Rumble just seems like a bad style matchup to me.

Gus has never really had great defence, his game has always been based on pressuring opponents depending a lot on his chin. Rumble has been a nightmare for these kinds of fighters beating Gus, Glover and Manuwa.

If I were Gus I would be pushing for a rematch with Jones before he gets a title shot or indeed a fight with Cormier if he loses to Rumble.

I never understood why people claimed Alex was broken mentally, or had been given an easy run. Who are the top 5 in the LHW division right now? Cormier, AJ, Jones, Glover, Manuwa? Gus has beat Manuwa, had razor-thin barn burners against Cormier and Jones that easily could have been ruled in his favor, got KOd viciously by AJ and is about to fight Glover. He says he wants rematches against any of the top 3 that beat him. What the fuck more do you want from him?

Extremely exciting fighter and one of the best in a thin 205 division. Give him his respect.
That's a very good point.

i like the call out and given the thinness of the division i can see it happening if Rumble loses the title fight but i don't see the end result being any different

woul be an exciting fight but i'd rather see gus fight jones again and win again.
Why would Jones ever accept that fight? Jones looked bad against OSP of a people, Gus is much better than OSP.

Back