very dissapointed with the commentary

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Really terrible toward rigo. Instantly Joe went at rigo and basically called him a quitter.

Whether he quit or not...so fucking unprofessional. Dont kick the guy while hes down. Maybe he did eff up his hand? Be a professional and give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, I don't know. He called like he saw it.

Really terrible toward rigo. Instantly Joe went at rigo and basically called him a quitter.

Whether he quit or not...so fucking unprofessional. Dont kick the guy while hes down. Maybe he did eff up his hand? Be a professional and give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
I saw it the same way. Rigo barely connected and didn't land anything with power so how could he have injured his knuckles? From all the holding?

I thought the commentary, in general, was pretty bad.

Also, those replays/instant replays during the rounds are awful.

It was harsh here

I wonder how bunce is doing.. lol

Staying up till 6am in the studio for that

Don’t have to be a Rigo fanboy to think that ESPN was terribly lopsided in its overall coverage of the fight.

There was a disturbingly disproportionate response of laughter on the part of the commentators to Loma's post-fight 'no-mas-chenko' joke.

Sucking top rank dick hard. But it did look weird how rigo stopped the fight. You could kinda see the embarrassed face he was doing. And that's a guy who's a stone cold killer. Worst thing from this is going to be the loma trolls gloating, you already see them here calling the man Goat, with less than 15 pro fights lmao

Sucking top rank dick hard. But it did look weird how rigo stopped the fight. You could kinda see the embarrassed face he was doing. And that's a guy who's a stone cold killer. Worst thing from this is going to be the loma trolls gloating, you already see them here calling the man Goat, with less than 15 pro fights lmao
396-1 in Amateurs, already beat at least 2 world class fighters in his pro career, made his 4 last opponents quit and since the loss to Siri he dominated everyone, next up should be the Salido rematch.

There was a disturbingly disproportionate response of laughter on the part of the commentators to Loma's post-fight 'no-mas-chenko' joke.

Nah, Rigo made the situation awkward and tense with the quitting , Loma was spot on with the joke to make everyone LOL.

Its one of those bad taste laughs, but they actually come naturally like watching someone get hit in the groin with a football.

I saw it the same way. Rigo barely connected and didn't land anything with power so how could he have injured his knuckles? From all the holding?

I agree but a commentator should be more reserved in criticism. Imo that stuff is for the forums and fans. Not the professional commentator.

The way he went about it was the thing that got me tbh. If you think he quit say so with diligence dont be a prick

Cool moment in the beginning, someone was talking about something Lomachenko said ahead of this fight.

" I have faced 7 or 8 of these cuban assassins before, and beat them all. "

All of those amateur fights really gave Lomachenko that experience / confidence coming forward into the pros.

Fook that .. the guy wants big bucks and he quits like a coward. How many fighters have broken their hands and won fights?? Plus rigo didn’t even really land anything= how could he break his hand?? What was broken was his will . I do feel bad for rigo though but I mean he shouldn’t have made up an injury to try and excuse his lack of heart

Fook that .. the guy wants big bucks and he quits like a coward. How many fighters have broken their hands and won fights?? Plus rigo didn’t even really land anything= how could he break his hand?? What was broken was his will . I do feel bad for rigo though but I mean he shouldn’t have made up an injury to try and excuse his lack of heart

Okay, tell me every fighter who won a title with a broken hand.

ESPN commentary is fake and designed for retweets and sound bites.

You had Smith and Atlas agreeing on the same thing but yelling at each other for no reason in the post-fight. Its just for attention and fake controversy.

Like who though? Educate me and tell me the fighters who won championships with a broken hand
Off the top of my head recently Andre ward, Deontay Wilder, joe calzaghe defended his title with a broken hand, Roy Jones said his was broken against Hopkins...

Thinking a little more didn’t haye beat valuev for the wba belt with a broken hand?

Rocky Marciano s nose was split in two. Haglers trainer said the fight would’ve been called at the end of the round if he didn’t finish hearns. Gentleman Jim Corbett won a fight with two broken hands, Danny Williams won a fight by knockout with a dislocated shoulder. Pacquiao lost because of his socks. Paulie fought to the end vs cotto with a broken jaw. Tyson carried on with a blown out knee. Montiel carried on after having a seizure. If I dig out some of my books I’m sure I can find old fights where people fought on with insane injuries to get paid and won.

Back