Usman GNP is pathetic. Khabib bless

Is that really the only difference?
Alot of what Fedor does,Khabib does. He doesnt have the dynamite explosive power that fedor does,but even other hws dont make street pizza out of guys like fedor does. I dont expect a 155er to deal out that kind of damage,and i also find khabibs gnp to be excellent and effective,not "profoundly overrated"

Its actually pretty great and a big part of why he has never been defeated.

Alot of what Fedor does,Khabib does. He doesnt have the dynamite explosive power that fedor does,but even other hws dont make street pizza out of guys like fedor does. I dont expect a 155er to deal out that kind of damage,and i also find khabibs gnp to be excellent and effective,not "profoundly overrated"

Its actually pretty great and a big part of why he has never been defeated.
<Fedor23>
It's overrated because it's frequently referred to as the best. Something can be good and still be overrated if people start calling it the best ever. Khabib often lands unanswered gnp sporadically for 3+ minutes in a round and doesn't finish the fight. Khabib is just absurdly good at keeping dominant position.

<Fedor23>
It's overrated because it's frequently referred to as the best. Something can be good and still be overrated if people start calling it the best ever. Khabib often lands unanswered gnp sporadically for 3+ minutes in a round and doesn't finish the fight. Khabib is just absurdly good at keeping dominant position.
His gnp stands out. He will literally give up position to stand up and bash a guy sitting against cage. Its beautiful in its violence. Sorry not sorry.

His gnp stands out. Sorry not sorry.
That's a pretty big distinction from the "Khabib best gnp in mma" comment which originally started this comment chain (to be fair it wasn't you). "Stands out" is faint praise, comparatively, and if thats your claim I'm fine with it.

That's a pretty big distinction from the "Khabib best gnp in mma" comment which originally started this comment chain.
i dont trip over myself to correct them. To be bedazzled and seduced by the relentless gnp of khabib is only correct and just.

Usman can have the best take down defense in the F world.... Hes a horrible ground striker... As bad as he is on foot. When he rocked Maia, and Maia was in the floor hurt, Usman looked clueless.

Waiting for the day someone decides to pull guard on Khabib... They will get mauled.

I was waiting fpr Usman to fight Maia to see how Usman will do vs Till. Till will smoke him on foot, and Usman offensive wrestling (or lack of thereof) will serve him for nothing.

Till is a much better GNPr than Usman will ever be

Khabib will surpass GSP as the greatest decision master in the history of the sport.

GSP would have been all up in Maia's guard without giving a fuck

Nah he would’ve stood most of the time, only getting on top in the last minute or so. Georges prefers to fight where they’re weakest. That’s why he chose not to grapple with Shields very much.

Rockhold is way better. Khabib isn't much of a finisher with GnP. Khabib has super slick transitions but his GnP is incredibly overrated.

Exactly, Khabib has been to decision 6 times in 10 UFC fights giving him a 60% decision rate. Soon enough people will begin to turn on him just like they did GSP.

Is that really the only difference?
Yeah. That and Khabib doesn't hunt for finishes. If he gets the TKO then he gets it but a lot of the time he is softening them up for subs, or using them as tests for stuff he needs to work on.

His GnP is better technique wise but he lacks power and doesn't chase finishes

Yeah. That and Khabib doesn't hunt for finishes. If he gets the TKO then he gets it but a lot of the time he is softening them up for subs, or using them as tests for stuff he needs to work on.

Its going to cost him some fans at some point. Check out this comparison.

GSP, 28 fights, 12 decisions
Khabib 26 fights, 10 decisions

The difference is that Khabib has been going to decision against guys who will never fight for the title and Georges fought 15 title fights. I don't think there is much doubt that when its all said and done Khabib will have more decision wins than GSP.

tumblr_ogk718rGS91vu6duzo2_500.gif

Sick, ultra technical GnP.
(Not that his GnP always just looks like clubbing hammerfists, but its illustrative )

What he is better at technically is controlling and transitioning on the ground. How can you say the GnP itself is more technical than Fedor's? I'd say Rockhold's is much better too, the way he lands it through people's guards and goes for the finish is much more impressive.

tumblr_ogk718rGS91vu6duzo2_500.gif

Sick, ultra technical GnP.
(Not that his GnP always just looks like clubbing hammerfists, but its illustrative )

What he is better at technically is controlling and transitioning on the ground. How can you say the GnP itself is more technical than Fedor's? I'd say Rockhold's is much better too, the way he lands it through people's guards and goes for the finish is much more impressive.
Khabib throws effective GnP from everywhere and hss several similarities to Fedor. Many pros share the same view on it.

His mixture of finding angles, trapping limbs, and controlling his opponents is centered around his GnP. No matter where he is he finds/creates an opening and fires away.

Fedors were far more devastating abd still very technical. I just think Khabib's is a bit better.

As for the gif, hammerfists were a great option there. Lands right on the temple and forces MJ to become passive again. Bad choice of gif.

Its going to cost him some fans at some point. Check out this comparison.

GSP, 28 fights, 12 decisions
Khabib 26 fights, 10 decisions

The difference is that Khabib has been going to decision against guys who will never fight for the title and Georges fought 15 title fights. I don't think there is much doubt that when its all said and done Khabib will have more decision wins than GSP.
Khabib's last to fights were ones he willing dragged and and still dominated. He has finishing capability but getting a finish is a 2 way street. Edson is very hard to finish and Khabib had stated prior to the fight that he wanted to go all 15 minutes to knock off the rust. Al was short notice and Khabib barely threw any GnP and ignored his corner in the middle rounds.

Khabib can finish guys if he focuses on doing just that. I believe going forward he'll finish most of his opponents.

And when all is said and done Khabib will have more decisions because he'll have more fights than GSP

Khabib's last to fights were ones he willing dragged and and still dominated. He has finishing capability but getting a finish is a 2 way street. Edson is very hard to finish and Khabib had stated prior to the fight that he wanted to go all 15 minutes to knock off the rust. Al was short notice and Khabib barely threw any GnP and ignored his corner in the middle rounds.

Khabib can finish guys if he focuses on doing just that. I believe going forward he'll finish most of his opponents.

And when all is said and done Khabib will have more decisions because he'll have more fights than GSP

Ok buddy, but its going to be hard to argue once he continues winning decisions. Its kinda his style at this point. He already has a 60% decision rate in UFC fights and that number is likely to climb not go down because he will be fighting tougher opponents from now on. You have to realize, he racked up 6 decisions in 10 UFC fights against guys that are not even that good. He couldn't even finish Pat Healy man.

Ok buddy, but its going to be hard to argue once he continues winning decisions. Its kinda his style at this point. He already has a 60% decision rate in UFC fights and that number is likely to climb not go down because he will be fighting tougher opponents from now on. You have to realize, he racked up 6 decisions in 10 UFC fights against guys that are not even that good. He couldn't even finish Pat Healy man.
And? He's finished better fighters than Pat. It is what it is.

Khabib's style is more likely to yeild finishes in 5 rounders. Break them down across 4 rounds, finish in the 5th.

He'll get more finishes. He'll get more decisions. I don't care as long as he keeps being fun to watch

Back