Not open for further replies.
So does this Cross the line...

again..

Awaiting Trump tweets defending Jr...

In other news..

Trump Discloses Payment to Cohen in Financial Report

By Steve Eder, Eric Lipton and Ben Protess

May 16, 2018
President Trump’s financial disclosure, released on Wednesday, revealed for the first time that he paid more than $100,000 to his personal attorney, Michael D. Cohen, as reimbursement for payments to a “third-party.”

The disclosure, released by the Office of Government Ethics, did not specify the purpose of the payment. However, Mr. Cohen has paid $130,000 to an adult film actress, Stephanie Clifford, who has claimed she had an affair with Mr. Trump.

Mr. Cohen has said he made the payments to keep the actress, who goes by the stage name Stormy Daniels, from going public before the 2016 election with her story about an affair with Mr. Trump.

A footnote in the disclosure said that Mr. Cohen had requested reimbursement of the expenses incurred in 2016 and Mr. Trump had repaid it in full in 2017. It did not give an exact amount of the payment but said it was between $100,001 and $250,000.

had said previously that Mr. Cohen was paid $460,000 or $470,000 from Mr. Trump, which also included money for “incidental expenses” that he had incurred on Mr. Trump’s behalf.

A letter accompanying the report sent to Rod J. Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, from the government ethics office’s acting director, said that the Office of Government Ethics had determined “the payment made by Mr. Cohen is required to be reported as a liability.”

The 92-page disclosure covers only calendar year 2017, unlike last year’s filing, which spanned nearly a 16-month period. It also provides much less specificity than his tax returns, which he has refused to make public.

Still, the disclosure provides the first extended look at the performance of Mr. Trump’s Washington hotel, which opened in September 2016 and has become a magnet for lobbyists and Republican aides. The hotel is one of his best performing properties, and the disclosure listed revenues of $40.4 million.

Last year’s filing listed revenues over a 16 month period at Mar-a-Lago of $37.3 million.

Other properties have not fared as well, including Trump National Doral, a golf resort near Miami, which is Mr. Trump’s biggest cash flow generator. It reported revenue of $74.8 million. Revenue there had tumbled in the filing a year ago, even after a major renovation.

Individual performance aside, there are broader signs that the business is retreating somewhat during the first part of Mr. Trump’s presidency.

Since he took office, Mr. Trump’s name has been erased from three of his family company’s prized properties. His company has watched its pipeline of deals ebb and flow. And one new line of business it has pursued is limited to quietly managing other companies’ hotels that are unattached to its once-flashy brand.

leading to the Trump name being pried off with a crowbar.

The president’s company has also been stymied by some of the new ethics restrictions it voluntarily adopted after the election.

As part of a voluntary ethics plan, the Trump Organization has not pursued new deals in foreign countries, cutting off an important stream of business that was projected to provide much of its future revenue. The Trump Organization is also subjecting all new domestic projects to vetting from an outside ethics adviser, which appears to have had a chilling effect on certain potential deals: the company has yet to open a new hotel in the United States since Mr. Trump took office.

In a December interview, Mr. Trump’s son, Eric Trump, who is managing the business with his brother, Donald Trump Jr., told The New York Times that the Trump Organization did not have to answer to shareholders, so it had the freedom to slow new development.

“We have the best properties in the world; they’re doing extraordinarily well,” Eric Trump said. “And if we have to take a break for an eight-year period of time or a four-year period, then it is what it is.”

giphy.gif

"Trump Jr. deflected multiple questions during the interview, saying he couldn't recall whether he discussed the Russia probe with his father and whether he spoke with his dad on the day the meeting was arranged."

Huh. for some reason, I find it hard to believe he didn't inform to his father who was in the building...

... probably because they've got such a great record for honesty and integrity.

Well Bob Geese's theory about a secret society just got blown up, the FBI kept the Trump investigation secret with only a few people knowing about it, no grand conspiracy to take down Trump.

True or false, except for Manafort, you’ve never heard of any of these people?

Meanwhile, the people involved in the scandals of the obama administration are high ranking officials of US government agencies.

I think the trolls are the folks who endlessly call people names, but refuse to address the evidence presented. Again if you want to address the evidence, which I know you won’t, take it to the other thread.
I never heard of those people either. I don't see that as a point in your favor. The Trump administration is obviously wholly corrupt. They are in power at the moment. They are the main concern. Cohen is evidently a key player in a very obvious attempt to bribe the president, yet you focus on an administration that isn't even in power anymore. There's no reason for anyone to take you seriously.

.???

It’s likely Reagan knew. It’s an ugly stain on his record, but his foreign policy successes far outweigh his failures. Hence he’s remembered fondly.

That’s the opposite of a cop out btw, it’s called reasonable analysis. Something it seems liberals here are incapable of.
Remembered fondly by some. Thought of as a piece of shit by others. Different culture, though, hard to judge.

Who knows. I'm not able to reach into other people's heads, and tell you what their inner motivations are.

I seem to be the only person on Sherdog with enough humility to admit that.
You lack the empathy to do that. There's a yuuuuge difference.

It has strong parallels. Reagan, who I loved, made his interests clear (Jeez, Ollie, I sure wish we could do something about those Sandinistas!) and then looked the other way.
See the parallel?
Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back