Update: Meltzer estimates PPV buys for UFC 225 at 250k

To be fair, there were experts who stated such after his first fight. That card did 450k buys, was estimated to do 275k without him, IIRC.

Yes he was credited with 150k in buys from UFC internal projections

But I didn't see anybody saying he would be worth that much again.

I guess UFC is dying.

Can espn revive it? maybe.

most of the content is on espn plus digital network but they do have 22 live events on espn cable (12 ppv prelims and 10 fight nights).

ESPN will give UFC more exposure but UFC has to get rid of ppv.

So a guy told a guy who tweeted this. Great sauce, TS.

They need a streaming service similar to wwe that includes all events including ppv. They don't need to give it away for 9.99. They can charge double. Wwes stock is rising and fox choose wwe over UFC. So they are on to something. Too many people are savvy to the illegal streams these days. Not enough big ppvs that warrant a party anymore where you should legit order. Most of us watch alone or with a gf or friend on our laptops or streamer to our smart tvs. Not really caring about the quality

I wish they had a similar plan to the WEE network, missing a PPV and having to wait like 24 hours for a replay sucks

So a guy told a guy who tweeted this. Great sauce, TS.
Read the article. It's from Lance Pugmire of the LA Times, a trusted source in the mma community, reporting on an industry official's statement. Do you know how news works?

Do you know how news works?

For some reason that made me laugh out loud

It reminded me of someone that tweeted a reporter a year ago saying that they can't believe their news, because they didn't name the inside sources.
He replied "Do you know how news works?"

It was a really solid card, so this is surprising.

To the fans who said Punk would add 150k buys to the PPV, what say you now?

Good thing he was there or no one would've bought it obviously

Such a stacked card, CM Punk and the "super trash talking Colby" did under 150k, that's bad.

Everyone is saving money for the Canelo GGG rematch.

September 15 baby.

Good thing he was there or no one would've bought it obviously
What's worse is that he is either (now) a 0 effect or what probably "saved" the card #'s .

I watched the Countdown to see how CM looked in training and he wasn't in the show. Maybe the WWE fans didn't know he was on the card.

Think its too early to really tell and I think thats low. Dont think it gets anywhere near 450k like the first one since we saw Punk sucks and nobody wants to pay for it again but I think it does around half the first one. Maybe 250k.

Prelim number wasnt great but seemed traffic on the sites were good so doesnt indicate a 125k buy card but who knows. We'll see what the estimates are in a week or so.

8ece105554322c19f6ff669be76db3ed.gif

suQbnsh.gif

The GOAT <21>

As far as a card on paper you cant ask UFC for much more, that card was stacked, JB/Pettis and Rashad were on prelims, the FS1 card couldd have been a fight night.

Its just these days if its not featuring a star its only getting bough by 150-200k buys.

even STipe/Ngannou and Cyborg only doing 300's. GSP, Jones, Brock and Conor are only ones who can pull in over 500k right now.

DC/Stipe probably wont do more than 400-500k tops and that might be high. Great card but its not Jones/Stipe, if it was you'd be looking at probably 700k or more.

Shows have valuable the stars are. But from UFC POV they just doubled their guaranteed tv money so even if they have the worst PPV year next year they'll still have record revenues. To them they can do 12 PPV and maybe 3 of them do well and the other 9 do 150-250k its still making them millions and millions a year.

Only way they drop PPV's is if they lose money and because they dont pay fighters crazy amounts they make the money.

Back