Update: Meltzer estimates PPV buys for UFC 225 at 250k

You sir get it
Although I disagree that they are "growing".

Well, not at the rate they once were but the ESPN TV deal is huge and should shun any notion that UFC is at the very least dying. I doubt the shertards know more about UFC's state than the Harvard statisticians and executives at ESPN.

No wonder the zuffa crew love Conor Mcgregor, his popularity pushed the numbers unsustainabley high, resulting in an expensive purchase.

Its still Zuffa, the new owners are Zuffa & Conor certainly pushed the company value high at the time of the sale, but UFC made more in 2017 (even without MayMac) than they did in any Conor year & the company is worth more now than it was when sold.
If you knew the people that own more than 50% of UFC, they are not in the habit of buying companies because of a trend (like Conor).
but his value is a big deal & not marginalized.

giphy.gif

Don't forget there was no title defended on the PPV.

There was also no draws in the main or co-main. All you really had was Holm and Punk.

Explains why Dana shows zero enthusiasm for Yoel.

I suspect the first fight not being great was an issue here, if things had reversed and the first fight had action like the second I suspect more would have been interested in the rematch.

Well, not at the rate they once were but the ESPN TV deal is huge and should shun any notion that UFC is at the very least dying. I doubt the shertards know more about UFC's state than the Harvard statisticians and executives at ESPN.

oh we agree
But to say the popularity/interest hasn't dwindled is not being fair to the truth of the situation.

As far as Harvard & ESPN, I'd go with ...
Dalian Wanda Group
China Media Capital

Who along with Fox bid in the same range as the current owners (below)
Silver Lake Partners
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts
MSD Capital

The three above are major players worth about $80b & they combined own most of UFC.
WME are under 50% & get $25m per to manage UFC

I said dozens of times that UFC are less an MMA organization & are more content distributors now.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did less than 200k. UFC 223 did 892k prelims, UFC 225 just 667k. UFC 225 google searches were 29% lower than UFC 223.
223 -225.jpg

WHat genius raises the price to $65 during a time when you dont have big ppv events?

WHat a bunch of idiots.

Iiaqinta is right. Dana gonna run this thing right into the ground.

They need a streaming service similar to wwe that includes all events including ppv. They don't need to give it away for 9.99. They can charge double. Wwes stock is rising and fox choose wwe over UFC. So they are on to something. Too many people are savvy to the illegal streams these days. Not enough big ppvs that warrant a party anymore where you should legit order. Most of us watch alone or with a gf or friend on our laptops or streamer to our smart tvs. Not really caring about the quality

Damn that card was stacked. I wonder if 226 will get similar numbers.

Isn't the ufc having only 10 live t.v. events next year on espn? Plus 12 ppv events and 15 internet events. If you don't buy ppv or order espn+ for internet shows then only 10 live shows on t.v. next year.

They need a streaming service similar to wwe that includes all events including ppv. They don't need to give it away for 9.99. They can charge double. Wwes stock is rising and fox choose wwe over UFC. So they are on to something. Too many people are savvy to the illegal streams these days. Not enough big ppvs that warrant a party anymore where you should legit order. Most of us watch alone or with a gf or friend on our laptops or streamer to our smart tvs. Not really caring about the quality

The underline is not true at all
Fox had an offer on the table for seven months & UFC did not take it.
They gave UFC a deadline & UFC passed.

But UFC continuing with 12 PPV is asinine
6-8 makes business sense

Back