Unknown fighters that own UFC fighters?

Pat was on Rogans podcast and he mentioned some dude who would walk in to his gym with hunting gear on. Take them off, walk in to the training area and proceed to own every UFC fighter on the floor. Then he would leave and go about his business. Dude never competed because he had no desire.

Are there lots of unknown fighters who can own famous fighters but have no desire for fame?
Fighters who can own UFC fighters? Dude, at least use an English grammar if you can´t google.

I find it hard to believe, especially within a weight class. I mean, a lot of guys who stick around in a gym do it because they realised at some point - in the gym, in school or in their social circle - that they have a knack for it. Can't see anyone being a world beater unless they stick around and train. Or it could be a guy who has a previous combat sports career behind him in wrestling or something.

Unless the guy Miletich was talking about did attend training regularly, in which case it's believeable - a lot of fighters talk about guys who are amazing in the gym but don't do so well in the ring because of the pressure of the event or not being good at peaking for a fight, going through the travel, weight cut etc. Even Leon Edwards is supposedly a guy who's better in sparring (and Jiri is the opposite, where his sparring is worse). Although some of it could that they're just relatively bad at dealing with guys coming at them 100%. A lot of old coaches claim to be better than when they fought, but would maybe struggle with the intensity of a fight and even more so having to do it multiple times a year.
Wrestlers definitely have an advantage in sparring, since strikers have to hold back more.

The Benji Radach KO was insane in many ways, but Benji was the absolute embodiment of a glass cannon. More than capable of sparking damn near anybody you care to name but when he doesn't things get real rough real quick for him. Ellenberger was a better version of Radach, until Kampmann ruined him. I find it frustrating when guys like that don't experience more success.

Can't pretend Benji wasn't one of the most entertaining, kill-or-be-killed fighters around about a decade or so ago, though.

Sounds like some hearsay fan boy stuff that has grown with the telling. No doubt though there are world champions out there we'll never see for a whole bunch of reasons but I doubt these dudes are fucking up pro fighters with minimal or no training. It's just illogical.

A similar but better story was told, I believe by werdum, doing A seminar in south Eastern Europe somewhere. And this local guy who was a regional legend from fighting in the various wars and conflicts stepped up to werdum and apparently gave him the fight of his life (I believe grappling only)
As werdum related it, the guy was a literal savage.

I will try to find the source it was pretty intense

I'd love to read that.

There's this video, but it's in Portuguese:

He says he was doing a class for combat veterans in Croatia when the dude that was a famous soldier for killing many people in the war came in. Werdum chose him to roll with (after already rolling with many other veterans) and the dude caught him in a guillotine and pulled guard. Said he was very strong so Werdum was already seeing stars, close to passing out, when he finally managed to pop his head back out.

Than he said the guy wanted to leave, since he already had almost tapped Werdum, but Werdum kept him in there, asked the translator to say some things (to give him time to catch his breath back after the guillotine) and proceeded to tap the guy.

He also said he has no problem tapping in practice but in that case it would be embarassing as he was Crocop's jiu jitsu coach at that time.

There's this video, but it's in Portuguese:

He says he was doing a class for combat veterans in Croatia when the dude that was a famous soldier for killing many people in the war came in. Werdum chose him to roll with (after already rolling with many other veterans) and the dude caught him in a guillotine and pulled guard. Said he was very strong so Werdum was already seeing stars, close to passing out, when he finally managed to pop his head back out.

Than he said the guy wanted to leave, since he already had almost tapped Werdum, but Werdum kept him in there, asked the translator to say some things (to give him time to catch his breath back after the guillotine) and proceeded to tap the guy.

He also said he has no problem tapping in practice but in that case it would be embarassing as he was Crocop's jiu jitsu coach at that time.

Very cool brother thankyou

No because he mentioned the dudes name and I think it was either Josh or Dave. Rogan every few months or so talks about how he was going to destroy Wesley Snipes and that Wes got lucky that IRS got him first because it was going to be ugly if Rogan got his hands on him.

I like Rogan but for some reason, when it comes to Wesley snipes, dude turns in to his own biggest fan...

Its called cowardice: picking on ppl you know you can beat beforehand.

Yet there he is, drooling in his podcadt mic talking endlessly about men chiseled bodies

One of the toughest guys where I was born in raised in Buffalo NY named Mike. He would get into street fights all the time, had crazy power, did olympic lifting and became an MMA fighter. He went 5-5 at the regional level light weight. That's how tough competition is in MMA and this was about 2008-2013. He is even on Sherdog.....

Toughest Guy in Buffalo, NY (imo)
Hey! He trained with us for a minute at Jimmy Ralstons (les' father) boxing gym back in the day!
I believe he started out as a wrestler then picked up some boxing at Jimmys and boxing with the UB team as well. Good dude! Verrry skilled, fast and strong. I think they called him the Rock back then.
Great post man!

Makes you wonder how many Einstein's, Napoleon's, Babe Ruth's, etc might have been if they had been born with ambition and motivation to go along with their talent
Very true.
The edge guys like MJ and Kobe had was the mental edge. They viewed winning as life and death, not a sport.

Yet there he is, drooling in his podcadt mic talking endlessly about men chiseled bodies
So you're implying that Rogan is bullying Wesley Snipes because his guests ask him about the very famous proposed fight and Rogan believes he would've beat him?
You're really reaching on reasons to dislike him.

I'm a big hockey fight guy. So I know Shayne Corson the hockey player well in terms of his fighting abilities. On the ice he's a very capable fighter. Off the ice I have no idea, although I'm guessing Gary Goodridge was drunk af. But you never know. Maybe Corson just got better off Goodridge that night.

But nonetheless I did vaguely hear about this story before, wonder if it's true though.
Honestly, anything can happen in a street fight. There's no making adjustments, no feeling out, no recovering... just one punch, one slip... Very unpredictable

Well, it is since I realize he can´t write properly. Logic isn´t yours though....

Look, I just want to know who was the fighter Pat Militch was talking about. He mentioned it in JRE and I thought someone would remember.

Its definitely distasteful in terms of the way he was describing Snipes. Saying he is just some decent Shotokan dude and he would smash him on the ground. It would be respectable if he mentioned Wesley being athletic and in great shape who may pose a problem in terms of physicality.

Still, Wesley does have some chance. He also has shown great technique in his kicks and movements. That and its not like Rogan was kickboxing wizard. Both are more or less traditional martial artist. At the time, Rogan was not some jujitsu expert he is today. So who knows if Wesley could make something happen on the ground.

Look, I just want to know who was the fighter Pat Militch was talking about. He mentioned it in JRE and I thought someone would remember.

Its definitely distasteful in terms of the way he was describing Snipes. Saying he is just some decent Shotokan dude and he would smash him on the ground. It would be respectable if he mentioned Wesley being athletic and in great shape who may pose a problem in terms of physicality.

Still, Wesley does have some chance. He also has shown great technique in his kicks and movements. That and its not like Rogan was kickboxing wizard. Both are more or less traditional martial artist. At the time, Rogan was not some jujitsu expert he is today. So who knows if Wesley could make something happen on the ground.
Id like to see Rogan kill an entire vampire coven

These are like gym champions. You will see them if you train for a while. They either have no interest in competition, have some anxiety that leads to under performance or even a drug problem.

Pat was on Rogans podcast and he mentioned some dude who would walk in to his gym with hunting gear on. Take them off, walk in to the training area and proceed to own every UFC fighter on the floor. Then he would leave and go about his business. Dude never competed because he had no desire.

Are there lots of unknown fighters who can own famous fighters but have no desire for fame?
He was talking about this guy

So you're implying that Rogan is bullying Wesley Snipes because his guests ask him about the very famous proposed fight and Rogan believes he would've beat him?
You're really reaching on reasons to dislike him.

I dont dislike Rogan
I dislike the closeted bully in him.

Back