Unknown fighters that own UFC fighters?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Pat was on Rogans podcast and he mentioned some dude who would walk in to his gym with hunting gear on. Take them off, walk in to the training area and proceed to own every UFC fighter on the floor. Then he would leave and go about his business. Dude never competed because he had no desire.

Are there lots of unknown fighters who can own famous fighters but have no desire for fame?

EDIT:

Steve Rusk is the name!!!!

Last edited:
I'm sure, training is a big part of talent but there also the natural talent you are born with.

I'm sure, training is a big part of talent but there also the natural talent you are born with.

I agree but its crazy that someone with insane level of talent has no desire to compete. My Taekwondo/Tang Soo Do sensei was a young dude in his early 20s. The most insane footwork I have ever seen + crazy kicking ability that he also brought from Taekkyon. But kicks aside, his footwork was out of this world. Looked like he could float on air.

One day, I was teaching him boxing techniques and dude already had that world class snap with his hands. Yet, no real desire to compete in any forms of combat sports despite footwork and freakish kicks due to flexibility, coordination and fast twitch muscles.

Rumor is, the guy he was talking abut was actually Joe Rogan.

No because he mentioned the dudes name and I think it was either Josh or Dave. Rogan every few months or so talks about how he was going to destroy Wesley Snipes and that Wes got lucky that IRS got him first because it was going to be ugly if Rogan got his hands on him.

I like Rogan but for some reason, when it comes to Wesley snipes, dude turns in to his own biggest fan...

No because he mentioned the dudes name and I think it was either Josh or Dave. Rogan every few months or so talks about how he was going to destroy Wesley Snipes and that Wes got lucky that IRS got him first because it was going to be ugly if Rogan got his hands on him.

I like Rogan but for some reason, when it comes to Wesley snipes, dude turns in to his own biggest fan...
I really believe Rogan would maul Snipes. He'd get destroyed by Michael Jai White tho.

I really believe Rogan would maul Snipes. He'd get destroyed by Michael Jai White tho.

In all fairness, Rogan talked highly of MJW kicks, mentioned that he has the most deadliest and craziest kicks he has ever seen. But he likes to mention and remind people about how he would fuck Snipes up real bad!

In all fairness, Rogan talked highly of MJW kicks, mentioned that he has the most deadliest and craziest kicks he has ever seen. But he likes to mention and remind people about how he would fuck Snipes up real bad!
Seems odd unless there's somewhere don't know. Snipes has pretty serious training also. Was it gonna be mma or kickboxing? Some of these guys can actually fight and don't normally compete

Some people just don’t want to be hit in actual full contact competition.. it’s not for everyone. Plus, it takes a lot of physical, mental, social, emotional dedication to compete at the highest level.. the investment is not worth it for some people even if they have the natural talent to be good at it.

Seems odd unless there's somewhere don't know. Snipes has pretty serious training also. Was it gonna be mma or kickboxing? Some of these guys can actually fight and don't normally compete
it was going to be an MMA fight in the UFC

I remember there was a Sherdogger on here non-ironically talking about handling Usman at the Blackzillians' main gym abut 5 years ago. Non-ironically saying that Kamaru's knees were shot and he had nothing for him. The tone was either serious or the kind of sarcastic that the digital medium simply can not get across.

6'5, 270 beats fight experience every time, I guess...

Back