Unknown fighters that own UFC fighters?

Pat was on Rogans podcast and he mentioned some dude who would walk in to his gym with hunting gear on. Take them off, walk in to the training area and proceed to own every UFC fighter on the floor. Then he would leave and go about his business. Dude never competed because he had no desire.

Are there lots of unknown fighters who can own famous fighters but have no desire for fame?
If this is true, someone likely would have grabbed their phone to document.

Yeah he was like a jacked Russian dude and it seemed pretty clear he at least wrestled in HS. Still was pretty wild that fighter who’d fought in pretty big promotions at the time was completely nullified
Absolutely!

Reminds me of (gonna be super vague) the time that some amateur boxer stepped out of the crowd and KO'd a decent MMA veteran at an event like 15 yrs ago. Sorry about all the detail.
If this is true, someone likely would have grabbed their phone to document.
1703789871542.png

I mean someone with no martial arts credentials,who also choose not to fight competitivley?

Why care about something that isnt proven?

"Yo this guy,I forget his name,anyway he fought this MMA guy,who i also forget his name,and he whupped his ass EASY,but he got no desire to compete,cos he doesnt like money,and his techniques are banned from MMA. Oh why was he here then? Oh Idk. He just wanders the earth owning people at will"

It was Pat Militch who mentioned it. There is a video of this dude on YouTube. Its not like I am making this up!!

I'm sure, training is a big part of talent but there also the natural talent you are born wi

As much as we all desire to be competitors ourself that dream might go out the window then second we get punched in the face.

True but this guy competed in Taekwondo. Now I know its not MMA but they still kick each other.

You have to have a certain ambition and ego. Friend of mine is quite the talented writer and painter, never had the desire to publish anything besides impressing women with it in private. Guy is also smart and very well educated but never finished uni and is working in a kids club making coffee and cleaning the place.

At parties he has no problem impressing Harvard profs with his intriguing personality and sharp communication skills while living like a bum in a small flat with cheap wine and dirty pants.

Is he happy and content with his life or does he feel like he should be doing more with his life?

Is he happy and content with his life or does he feel like he should be doing more with his life?
I think most of the times he is and has arranged himself with his state beyond the fleeting temptations of the ego and validation. Of course he's a drunken mess sometimes and quite cocky.

Under the line he's doing quite good tho.

Realistically, if a fighter is there to train/develop, he/she might not be ready for the bigger guy (do women do this?) who is specifically looking for an ego boost.

One dude’s working on a particular sequence/combination from different angles; while his partner (unbeknownst to him) is out for blood.

If we’re talking standup; quite possibly.
On the ground there’s no discussion, though.

A little blurry, but I think I found him:
View attachment 1020354

Whatever happened to this guy?
Last thing I saw about him was a clip of his stepfather begging some dude not to kick his ass due to Charlie’s mental illness or something.

Yeah, it’s a bit Star Wars “you have the force but didn’t know it”-ish.
Maybe Harry Potter “I know you’re new to the fact that wizarda exist this but you’re the most wizardy of all the wizards” kinda thing.
hey, that was not my post bro, weird.

"owning" in the Gym is not the same as competing professionally tho, i guess there is always that one guy that could had turned pro and make it to the highest levels but for some reason didnt feel like it.

Absolutely!

Reminds me of (gonna be super vague) the time that some amateur boxer stepped out of the crowd and KO'd a decent MMA veteran at an event like 15 yrs ago. Sorry about all the detail.

View attachment 1020375
There was the guy that KO'd Benji radach...Danny Lafavar it was some dispute over a girl Radach was like 15-1 and would go on to have a really decent career beating guys like Gerald Harris, Bryan Foster and Murilo Rua

That's one of my favorite stories in MMA Lore

One of the toughest guys where I was born in raised in Buffalo NY named Mike. He would get into street fights all the time, had crazy power, did olympic lifting and became an MMA fighter. He went 5-5 at the regional level light weight. That's how tough competition is in MMA and this was about 2008-2013. He is even on Sherdog.....

Toughest Guy in Buffalo, NY (imo)

There was the guy that KO'd Benji radach...Danny Lafavar it was some dispute over a girl Radach was like 15-1 and would go on to have a really decent career beating guys like Gerald Harris, Bryan Foster and Murilo Rua

That's one of my favorite stories in MMA Lore
I believe that this is it.
For some reason I had it in my mind that he came out of the crowd or that it was short notice due to someone pulling out or something.
Either way, a 15-1-0-1 3 fight UFC vet against a guy making his debut is insane.

For some reason I had it in my mind that he came out of the crowd or that it was short notice due to someone pulling out or something.
Either way, a 15-1-0-1 3 fight UFC vet against a guy making his debut is insane.

Super insane no way this bought gets sanctioned nowadays but this was in the wild west. Super great moment and the aftermath were the dude is so stoked and jumping up and down is great

Not a lot. The Coleman thing happened when he was in university. The Goodridge thing happened at a bar in Ontario, I think in Brampton. The Bully Beatdown episodes can probably be found somewhere online: Jake Shields had the most difficulty, IIRC.

The one thing I can give you more information on is the Quadros / Rogan thing. Quadros posted on The Underground as Baron Von Beatdown and claimed he beat the shit out of Joe Rogan in a bathroom and left him face down, unconscious, in a urinal. The next night, Joe Rogan appeared on a UFC broadcast (I think it was a PPV) with a black eye and insisted to the viewing audience he got it in training.

The Goodridge and Coleman stories were things I heard decades ago, in the early days of MMA, when I started training and attending seminars. Pro fighters were talking about them kind of like pro fighters were the ones giving details about the Lee Murray / Tito Ortiz incident because they were present and knew the people involved. I've since heard the stories mentioned in forums online, but not for many, many years now.

Quadros said it didn't happen, it was just a random internet rumor.

His LOVE gave him the will and power to win!!!
<{1-69}>

I agree but its crazy that someone with insane level of talent has no desire to compete. My Taekwondo/Tang Soo Do sensei was a young dude in his early 20s. The most insane footwork I have ever seen + crazy kicking ability that he also brought from Taekkyon. But kicks aside, his footwork was out of this world. Looked like he could float on air.

One day, I was teaching him boxing techniques and dude already had that world class snap with his hands. Yet, no real desire to compete in any forms of combat sports despite footwork and freakish kicks due to flexibility, coordination and fast twitch muscles.

Because bag no hit back

There are those famous stories of that farmer that beat the shit out of Mark Coleman at a fair, Shane Corson beating the shit out of Big Daddy at a bar, and Stephen Quadros leaving Joe Rogan face down at a urinal. The first two are known to have happened, the third one is just a claim Quadros made before Rogan showed up on a UFC broadcast with a black eye.

Don't forget the fighters that struggled on Bully Beatdown.

I've seen Quadros address this one many times

There are those famous stories of that farmer that beat the shit out of Mark Coleman at a fair, Shane Corson beating the shit out of Big Daddy at a bar, and Stephen Quadros leaving Joe Rogan face down at a urinal. The first two are known to have happened, the third one is just a claim Quadros made before Rogan showed up on a UFC broadcast with a black eye.

Don't forget the fighters that struggled on Bully Beatdown.

I'm a big hockey fight guy. So I know Shayne Corson the hockey player well in terms of his fighting abilities. On the ice he's a very capable fighter. Off the ice I have no idea, although I'm guessing Gary Goodridge was drunk af. But you never know. Maybe Corson just got better off Goodridge that night.

But nonetheless I did vaguely hear about this story before, wonder if it's true though.

I'm a big hockey fight guy. So I know Shayne Corson the hockey player well in terms of his fighting abilities. On the ice he's a very capable fighter. Off the ice I have no idea, although I'm guessing Gary Goodridge was drunk af. But you never know. Maybe Corson just got better off Goodridge that night.

But nonetheless I did vaguely hear about this story before, wonder if it's true though.
I could see a drunken Goodridge getting knocked down in a bar fight. The guy's success in MMA is incredible considering he came in as an armwrestling champ with an amateur boxing background.

Back