United Nations official visiting Alabama to investigate 'great poverty and inequality'

Just look at the comments in here. Lot of people celebrating a red state has bad poverty

I don't think anyone is celebrating it. It's a sad situation. The OP was created for ideas to mitigate the poverty.

Just look at the comments in here. Lot of people celebrating a red state has bad poverty
I honestly haven't seen a single person in this thread celebrating the fact that Alabama is an ass backwards hellhole. Unless pointing out that very fact seems celebratory to you.

Yikes. Imagine if the inner cities were talked about like this

And I'm guessing the people in those states will continue to vote against their best interests.

And I'm guessing the people in those states will continue to vote against their best interests.

How do you know another persons interests? You talking money? You understand different things are important to people.

How do you know another persons interests? You talking money? You understand different things are important to people.
i can know a persons interest insofar as we all basically want the following things:
good health
educated kids to do better than us
comfortable living.

Gulf Staters continue to vote for the party that is the antithesis of those things. ergo: "they vote against their own interest".

I live in eastern Va where motherfuckers got money and nice property exist. it amuses the fuck out of me every time i see some raggedy ass truck about to drop its tranny through the bottom that has a 'Trump' sticker on the rusting bumper. im like 'this whole area profits from good schools, diverse workforce, and government projects. why the hell you want that to go away? so eastern VA looks like the REST of VA (i.e. garbage).

Youre saying Alabamians value hookworm and poverty over first-world living standards?

You don't -- you reduce their federal aid, and force the state to pick up the slack. If the Gumps can't figure how to prosper from intrastate initiatives, you let them die off -- they are a red state, treat them how they wanted to be treated.

Very progressive stance.

The GOP tax plan should help them.

HTTPS9tZWRpYS50ZW5vci5jby9pbWFnZXMvOTk2Mjg2NDMwYThlM2NkMDNmYmQxZmU2ODhhMmM5ZjcvcmF3.gif

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...r-income-gaps-between-races-genders/16226769/

Median income isn't too far off from the national average, but the racial disparity in income is large, though it has increased the last few years.

However, racial disparities remain enormous. According to the Census, the median income for white households in 2013 was $49,465; the figure for black households was $29,210, or 59 percent of the white figure. The median income for Hispanic households was $34,773, about 70 percent of the figure for white households.

The nation's median household income in 2013 was $52,250, according to the Census Bureau. Among whites, the median household income was $55,867; among blacks, it was $34,815; among Hispanics, it was $41,508. Nationally, black household income was about 62 percent that of white households.

Can someone tell me what poster BLACKHELICOPTER is.

I mean out of the people who were recently banned.

i can know a persons interest insofar as we all basically want the following things:
good health
educated kids to do better than us
comfortable living.

Gulf Staters continue to vote for the party that is the antithesis of those things. ergo: "they vote against their own interest".

I live in eastern Va where motherfuckers got money and nice property exist. it amuses the fuck out of me every time i see some raggedy ass truck about to drop its tranny through the bottom that has a 'Trump' sticker on the rusting bumper. im like 'this whole area profits from good schools, diverse workforce, and government projects. why the hell you want that to go away? so eastern VA looks like the REST of VA (i.e. garbage).

Some people really don't care about money or the latest I phone.

People are different. Learn to accept it

Back