United Nations official visiting Alabama to investigate 'great poverty and inequality'

Youre saying Alabamians value hookworm and poverty over first-world living standards?

I'm saying I don't know what others want. And I don't pretend to

Some people really don't care about money or the latest I phone.

People are different. Learn to accept it

Hookworm > Iphone

Wow those people have terrible priorities.

Last edited:
Cool. When's the UN going to investigate Chicago?

How do you know another persons interests? You talking money? You understand different things are important to people.

When's the last time you paid your rent/mortgage with ideals?

I'm Georgia-born and raised. Things have changed a LOT for the better from when I was a poor Black kid working in the fields.

Last edited:
When's the last time you paid your rent/mortgage with ideals?

I'm Georgia-born and raised. Things have changes a LOT for the better from when I was a poor Black kid working in the fields.

Lol. This isn't about money. People have different things that are important to them.

Lol. This isn't about money. People have different things that are important to them.

I realize that, but if you're willing to stand by your principles and never compromise then be ready to take what comes down the pipe.

Can you please post where anyone said the reason the inner cities are poor is because they are all stupid.

Please, find the post

No, I'm not doing a Sherdog forum search to look for posts talking about hood life, "thug culture," and the like.

No, I'm not doing a Sherdog forum search to look for posts talking about hood life, "thug culture," and the like.

I thought so. We will just assume you are once again saying things with no back up.

Happens quite a bit

True. So the people who value hookworm can all die off bro.

Glad we can agree upon this.

Not arguing.

Some people hang themselves from their nipples. To each their own

I realize that, but if you're willing to stand by your principles and never compromise then be ready to take what comes down the pipe.

And they do. So it's not a problem

I thought so. We will just assume you are once again saying things with no back up.

Happens quite a bit

Or you can take it upon yourself to search for commentary on inner cities in this forum, like a big boy who isn't in denial about an obvious truth regarding political discussions here and elsewhere.

You know, since you decided to inject the topic into this conservation, because your feelings are hurt that people are talking bad about states that objectively blow.

How do we fix it? Alabama and Mississippi need complete educational system overhauls and they need actual economic opportunities for their residents. They have shit tier schools and few jobs with any upward mobility. This runs across the state, all counties, all demographics.

it literally begins in elementary school. imo, this is not stressed enough.

many people in this forum, and elsewhere, act as if poverty is an issue of motivation, and even ability lol. but imo, it begins way sooner than that. a 2nd grader will not teach himself to read, no matter his future work ethic. if you cannot read by the 5th grade, you're F'ed. if you have 2nd grade teachers attempting to manage 30 kids....are they teaching at that point, or just trying to make sure sally isnt drinking glue?

granted, a person failed by the school system early, would hopefully take the initiative when they become a teenager, and learn to read themselves if they must. but is this really how national/state policy should operate lol? on the hopes that everyone will be will smith in the pursuit of happiness? by the time you're an illiterate teenager, its basically too late. you've probably dropped out of school for academic as well as social reasons, and crime immediately becomes more attractive.

alabama, and many other places need serious investment in schools/educators.

Back