Uncharted 4, the hype is real

Just finished. Overall I liked Unharted 2 the most but Uncharted 3 if it had better pacing could have been the best. Too many puzzles in the first half and slow ass walking parts. Also, I feel like some of the shootouts in Uncharted 3 were kind of lame because I died many times by random RPG/Grenade launcher guys.

Idk how I feel about the stealth aspect of the games. They seem so tacky. I guess they want you to sneak kill some guys but I don't think it's possible to actually clear out or evade large shootouts with sneak.

In Uncharted 4 I hope they either strongly improve the stealth aspects or just ignore it.

I had a great time playing through the games. I do wish there was an upgrade system like in Tomb Raide but picking up special weapons is pretty fun so it's not a big deal

I'd give Uncharted 1 an 8/10, Uncharted 2 a 9/10 and Uncharted 3 an 8.5/10

I think I may day 1 buy this, been a while since I've done that. Game looks like the real deal.

I loved the first 3. Finally bought an updated system. Got the XBoxOne. Damn, I wish I could play this shit.

Looks like some smaller shops are breaking street date, single players is fully functional but no trophies or online for obvious reasons.

Looks like some smaller shops are breaking street date, single players is fully functional but no trophies or online for obvious reasons.

Damn, it's always the small shops, to bad no one around here does that.

I constantly question my decision to purchase the PS4 when I have a 4K capable PC and monitor. Now, that decision is finally justified.

Can't post because mobile, but one of the visual modifiers that you can unlock is cel shading.

It looks great. will absolutely be doing a playthrough with that set.

Probably common sense but I'd suggest everyone stay off Youtube or anything like that as people are revealing the ending of the game.

Can't post because mobile, but one of the visual modifiers that you can unlock is cel shading.

It looks great. will absolutely be doing a playthrough with that set.

That sounds fucking awesome, I'll be doing the same.

Probably common sense but I'd suggest everyone stay off Youtube or anything like that as people are revealing the ending of the game.

Of course they are, dammit, 9 days left of having to be very cautious. Gonna avoid any gaming comment sections.

SpiritedValuableBrownbear.gif

A guy who got the game early impressions. no real spoilers.
  • Gameplay is fantastic. Shooting now has a weight to it and the freedom of how you tackle encounters feels great.
  • Set pieces are less bombastic, but no less memorable or exciting.
  • Chapters are more meaningful and each one feels very distinct. They’re much longer than in previous games too.
  • Speaking of which, my end clock was 14 hours. I reckon most playthoughs will be between 12-16 hours. It’s pretty meaty!
  • Music has less memorable themes, but it’s the best implementation of music in the series. Firefight music in particular is great (very pirate like).
  • It’s the best looking game on the system bar none…you already knew that.
  • But what shines is the art direction, it’s so beautiful! Colors are vibrant and each environment is so wonderfully well crafted, it feels so organic.
  • Smoothest 30 fps game I’ve ever played, no hyperbole. Their masterful implementation of motion blur is like nothing I’ve ever seen.
  • Incredibly clean image, everything is so sharp and the AA solution removes any noticeable jaggies.
  • Details, details, details. People say you don’t notice the little things, you do. In many ways it’s the ‘biggest’ Uncharted, but it’s also the most down to earth, so all the little things stand out so much more.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/04...incredible-graphics-in-game-filters-and-more/

Last edited:

Wow that looks pretty fucking awesome, will definitely be doing a playthrough with that filter.

Wont look at the impressions, read the first 2 and that was enough, I want to discover everything myself. Cannot wait!

Ign reviewed it, it's unfinished due to them waiting multi-player but if they were to review the single player only they gave it a 8.8, the main gripe was a slow 3rd act but no other real complaints that stood out.

Uncharted 4 currently got a 94 on meta critic, Naughty Dog is the goat.

Gamespot gave it a 10, I don't really put too much investment in reviews because my idea of a good game is different than others but the Uncharted series has never let me down before.

Good to see it's getting great reviews, i only use reviews as a feeler, I don't let them influence my view on a game, I am sure I'll end up loving this game. We are only 5 days away people!

I will drop any and all games I am currently playing just for this. Kan.... knot... wei8ght.

3o7qDQXzLz45sC3SBG.gif

IGN with the 8.8 and Gamespot with the 10...

GinaGIF.gif

Was expecting it to be reversed.

Back