Uncharted 4, the hype is real

I don't think it will be Drake but I definitely am expecting someone or multiple people to get killed, Naughty Dog seems to be open to another studio possibly doing Uncharted 5 so unless it's Drake or Drake's kid if he and Elena do have one it'd be very odd to play an Uncharted game without him, my prediction is Sam and Sully die and Drake and Elena have a boy and name it Victor or Victor Sam depending if Sam stays good or turns bad.

Interesting theory, though I don't think Drake is immune to death, I do think you could be correct about the kid though. We've only seen a little bit of Elena, maybe they already have a little one? Or she's in the early stages of pregnancy and Nathan ends up dying leaving her with his unborn child. Would be tragic as fuck, but would add a huge punch to the series and make it that much more epic imo. Series could still continue with Nathan Jr.

I do remember seeing that ND said this game's ending would be divisive, guessing that means some people will like it, some wont.

Any preorder bonuses?

Nothing great imo, just some MP bonuses like a gun and a skin or something.

I'm currently playing through the Remastered games, in the middle of the first one. Pretty fun overall. The jet ski segments have me wondering wtf they were thinking because it's so clunky. You can drive but have to stop to aim and shoot and it just makes going on the thing so annoying.

I'm currently playing through the Remastered games, in the middle of the first one. Pretty fun overall. The jet ski segments have me wondering wtf they were thinking because it's so clunky. You can drive but have to stop to aim and shoot and it just makes going on the thing so annoying.

Yeah the jet ski sections are annoying af. If you're enjoying U1 then 2 and 3 are gonna blow you away.

Agreed. I know most fans of the series think that 2 is the best game, but personally I thought they got better as they went along.

Agreed. I know most fans of the series think that 2 is the best game, but personally I thought they got better as they went along.

Gameplay wise, I agree, there was some great new additions and big actions sequences in the third game that stepped it up from U2. Story wise though I'd have to say U2 is the best one, its my favorite so far, but hopefully U4 can change that.

I blasted through all three pretty quickly. Wasn't bothered about finding all collectibles, just wanted to catch up with the story before number 4.

1st one, you'll probably find yourself asking what console it was initially released on. It looks so bad, given what we're used to now. It was so clunky I found it a bit of a chore, to be honest. 2 and 3 were good fun though.

I think I did a game per week, playing for a bit each evening after work.

I thought #1 was great and looked fine. #2 was better and improved a lot of things about the game but I still thought 1 was great. It's also very short I beat it so quick in like two days I was surprised how quickly I beat it. I'm on #3 now about done with it as well but this ones taken a little bit longer. It's hard for me to run through the games cause they are all very similar and I get kind of bored. After #2 I took a long break but it wasn't long enough cause about half way through #3 I got bored and stopped playing.

I bet Sully is the one that dies if someone does die. It was hinted that Sully might die during 3 at points.

I'm not exactly sure why but Uncharted 2 gunplay seems a lot better. Idk if it's because the shootout environments are better or what but it's more fun fighting enemies in this compared to Uncharted 1. I finished Uncharted 1 earlier today and am at 44% already for Unccarted 2. Awesome series gonna likely end up being one of my favorites of all tine

I'm not exactly sure why but Uncharted 2 gunplay seems a lot better. Idk if it's because the shootout environments are better or what but it's more fun fighting enemies in this compared to Uncharted 1. I finished Uncharted 1 earlier today and am at 44% already for Unccarted 2. Awesome series gonna likely end up being one of my favorites of all tine

Yeah the gunplay is much better in the sequels. they really fucked up the over the shoulder view in 1. it looks like Drake is always aiming to the right in 1. it doesn't feel correct shooting people.

That's because it is much better, they even refined it more for the ps4 collection, a lot of people don't like the gunplay in the uncharted games, but I think it's fine and fun

pretty cool how you can interact with each bit of surface(mud/rock, stair, falls, uphill/downhill, too steep, rocky terrain, smooth) and the player and the commentary Sully and the other guy provides reacts appropriately.

the combat seems smooth, although I think that rope thing is a bit overpowered and silly.

it all seems to flow together nicely.

I'll definitely get it, although I may wait a few months so that it drops in price at the used game store nearby by like $50.

Last edited:
I said this in another thread but I'd buy the shit out of a Mass Effect Rematered trilogy. I have it on PC and 360 but I'd buy a remastered fosho. Bioware just do it already and I'll throw more money at you

It's awesome to finally be playing this game. When I had a 360 I always wanted the Uncharted games and hearing Ps4 would not have backwards compatibility made me think I'd never get to play them.

I said this in another thread but I'd buy the shit out of a Mass Effect Rematered trilogy. I have it on PC and 360 but I'd buy a remastered fosho. Bioware just do it already and I'll throw more money at you

It's awesome to finally be playing this game. When I had a 360 I always wanted the Uncharted games and hearing Ps4 would not have backwards compatibility made me think I'd never get to play them.

I love the Mass Effect trilogy as well, I have them on PC, PS3 and ME1 and ME2 on 360. If they upgraded the graphics significantly and did 60fps, I'd probably buy them again. I've only played ME1 one time and that was on the 360, bought it again on PS3 and PC, but haven't gotten around to playing it again. I've played ME2 more though, probably around 3-4 times. ME3 I've only played once as well.

I want to give the whole series another run, will probably do it before ME Andromeda hits next year.

Is Uncharted 3 supposed to be kind of "slower" than Uncharted 2? Seems like there are much less shooting parts. I'm on Chapter 9 and it definitely seems like more puzzles and walking (literally walking which is f'ing annoying) compared to Uncharted 2. Does the action pick up some more?

Also so far the environments haven't been as cool as Uncharted 2. Sounds like about to go to the desert

Is Uncharted 3 supposed to be kind of "slower" than Uncharted 2? Seems like there are much less shooting parts. I'm on Chapter 9 and it definitely seems like more puzzles and walking (literally walking which is f'ing annoying) compared to Uncharted 2. Does the action pick up some more?

Also so far the environments haven't been as cool as Uncharted 2. Sounds like about to go to the desert

A little bit, Uncharted 3 is a great game, but I think 2 is better. Definitely focused more on puzzles in that game, but no worries, it still has its big action moments and there are different environments. What area are you at? You haven't gotten to the cargo plane yet have you?

A little bit, Uncharted 3 is a great game, but I think 2 is better. Definitely focused more on puzzles in that game, but no worries, it still has its big action moments and there are different environments. What area are you at? You haven't gotten to the cargo plane yet have you?

Nah I'm on Chapter called Abducted (11 or 12?). Drake just got drugged and put on some sort of ship with pirates or something. Probably won't be playing too much for the rest of the week until the weekend, I had 2 days off work this week and played like a mofo but now back to regular work life ;_;

Nah I'm on Chapter called Abducted (11 or 12?). Drake just got drugged and put on some sort of ship with pirates or something. Probably won't be playing too much for the rest of the week until the weekend, I had 2 days off work this week and played like a mofo but now back to regular work life ;_;

Ah ok, the ship has some pretty cool stuff, there's a big moment in particular which is really impressive. The Cargo Plane later is even more awesome though.

I clicked through the Uncharted 4 video to see the gameplay (no sound because didn't want teh spoilz since I didn't finish 3 yet) and damn it looks like MGSV. I dumped over 120 hours in MGSV and was my GOTY for 2015 and one of the most fun experiences I've had. If Uncharted 4 is like that I'm gonna bust a nut

will buy a new console just for this

I clicked through the Uncharted 4 video to see the gameplay (no sound because didn't want teh spoilz since I didn't finish 3 yet) and damn it looks like MGSV. I dumped over 120 hours in MGSV and was my GOTY for 2015 and one of the most fun experiences I've had. If Uncharted 4 is like that I'm gonna bust a nut
Yup I got that vibe as well, I don't think it's gonna be open world like that, but it looks like they're giving you options like mgs5 does. They have the ability to mark enemies too now. Makes the game much more replayable, I can do a stealth playthrough and a run and gun play through.

Back