Uncharted 4, the hype is real

Is that your first playthrough? I thought Crushing was locked on the first playthrough and you had to beat it at least once to unlock it.

Yessir, first playthrough. I was surprised, too. I figured I'd need to pay it through once first, like you say.

Christ, I'm scared I've only got it on Hard or something now.

Either way, I've got past that battle and the few after it. Must be approaching the end now. Then I can get stuck in to the multiplayer.

W
Yessir, first playthrough. I was surprised, too. I figured I'd need to pay it through once first, like you say.

Christ, I'm scared I've only got it on Hard or something now.

Either way, I've got past that battle and the few after it. Must be approaching the end now. Then I can get stuck in to the multiplayer.

Well, you'll find out after you beat it, if the crushing trophy doesn't pop up, then it was only on hard. I beat it on hard as well and some firefights did take me awhile to beat, though not 2 days long, I'd say something like 30 mins or so.

Wish I could get into the multiplayer but just can't. Just playing it til Overwatch is out, but find it more fustrating than fun.

Pretty sure you only have it on Hard

Oh ye of little faith :)

4aba447c-cb8b-4b67-b353-18d507f9dcc2.png

Thank Christ that's done. Now I can get back to actually enjoying the game.

No idea. That's how I had to unlock Grounded on The Last of Us, too - play through it once on any difficulty.

Might it be because I'd played through the Uncharted Collection?

I don't care either way. I'm happy knowing I can just put it on Easy and wander about, getting all the collectibles etc.

For those that have finished the game -

I pretty much agree with IGN's quick-capsule review - a masterpiece, with the third act dragging on a little. That's a minor issue for me, though. As I've already said in this thread, even when there's not much happening, it looks and sounds so great that I found it enjoyable just milling about.

As to the ending, I loved how it's set up for Cassie taking up the reins in ten years' time, with Sam replacing Sully etc., but I don't know if I like the idea of someone other than Naughty Dog getting their dirty mitts all over it.

Going back a year, anyone know the specifics as to why Alan Tudyk walked away? I know he said there were 'weird changes to the script'.

Was he going to be be Rafe, I take it?

This game is really, really good. Damn. I had my doubts going in but they did a fantastic job with this.

Only on chapter 17, too

Going back a year, anyone know the specifics as to why Alan Tudyk walked away? I know he said there were 'weird changes to the script'.

Was he going to be be Rafe, I take it?

If you've finished the game go watch the original Uncharted PS4 trailer where it just shows the map. I assume he was supposed to be Rafe.

You can see how the game changed.

Never played unchartered before but I purchased it today for £34.99, will I enjoy it?

Never played unchartered before but I purchased it today for £34.99, will I enjoy it?

It depends. It is very cinematic and spends a great deal of time building the relationship between Sam and Nate. It is extremely well done. The side effect is that it can have slower moments.

The set pieces are fantastic. The voice acting is fantastic. The graphics are exceptional.

The game play can get a little repetitive. Shooting, platforming, and puzzles are all pretty easy and basic. Still fun, though.

At it's core I think Uncharted 4 is the best adventure game of all time. The areas are fantastic and I really bought the relationships they built in this game. That said some people may find this game a little boring if they are really into TPS shooting or open world games.

I give it a 9/10

It depends. It is very cinematic and spends a great deal of time building the relationship between Sam and Nate. It is extremely well done. The side effect is that it can have slower moments.

The set pieces are fantastic. The voice acting is fantastic. The graphics are exceptional.

The game play can get a little repetitive. Shooting, platforming, and puzzles are all pretty easy and basic. Still fun, though.

At it's core I think Uncharted 4 is the best adventure game of all time. The areas are fantastic and I really bought the relationships they built in this game. That said some people may find this game a little boring if they are really into TPS shooting or open world games.

I give it a 9/10
I phrased my post wrong it should have been more along the lines of do I need to play the others to enjoy this game, my bad

I'm just bored of playing same old games so thought I'd invest in something different

I phrased my post wrong it should have been more along the lines of do I need to play the others to enjoy this game, my bad

I'm just bored of playing same old games so thought I'd invest in something different

You dont, but the story will be a lot more meaningful if you had played the previous games in the series. Its still very enjoyable I've heard of you're new to the series.

I am enjoying this. Just did the part when the two brothers (boys) go and find their mothers journals in the old lady's house.

Poignant.

Any of you'uns play the MP? If you need someone on your ranked team, reach out. Hooting_Wombat

Pretty frustrating playing ranked with the clowns I'm getting paired with this morning.

Three games on the bounce - most points, most drops, most kills, losing team :(

Last edited:
i beat the game on crushing last night, took me 580 failed checkpoint attemps lol

Finished it. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't half the game The Last of Us was.

Solid 8.5

Back