Uncharted 4, the hype is real

Kind of. There aren't too many gunfights but after chapter 4 or 5 it sort of establishes what the main point of the game is going to be so there is more gameplay and less tutorial type of stuff and background story. Did you play the first 3 games?
No, I went into this game blind so I wasn't really sure what to expect tbh.

how is the multiplayer? the same as always?

I haven't played the mp in the other games. It's fun but prepare to lose a lot unless you are lucky and get decent teammates

No, I went into this game blind so I wasn't really sure what to expect tbh.

Ok, just wondering because I was going to compare it to the others. But yeah, don't expect tons of gun fights.

They kicked Amy Hennig because she wanted to kill off Elena in Uncharted 4.

im tempted to buy a PS4 just for this game. the series is incredible one of the best trilogies i've ever played and then the 4th one comes out.

If I don't get past this firefight tonight I might go completely postal.

Dunkey just put up a video on UC4 that mirrors how I feel about it.

What did you think about the pacing of the game? I'm reading online some people saying the pacing is bad. Personally I think the pacing is the best in the series. Uncharted 3's pacing felt like a mess but didn't get that feeling at all with this one. Personally I loved the ending.

Pacing was good, though I did feel some parts dragged on a bit too long, Scotland for example was almost all grappling and sliding and Madagascar, while amazing and beautiful, I thought the driving section was maybe a little too long. Though it may have been because I was trying to scour the map and find treasures.

That's one thing I forgot to mention, treasure hunting in this game was a bitch, I loved the wide open areas, but it made things a chore when trying to treasure hunt, the game took me around 18-19 hours to complete, but I say probably 2 or 3 of those hours were me trying to find treasures. I still think Uncharted 2 had the best pacing.

how is the multiplayer? the same as always?

Nope, there's quite a few new additions, you use money earned to buy special power ups or use "idols" which have special abilities, for example you can use an el dorado idol which you throw on the battlefield and it attacks any nearby enemies. Or you can summon a machine gun brute that walks around and attacks enemies.

Also it is very team focused, you need to be constantly around and work together with your team, reviving each other and covering yourselves. Just look up a gameplay video, MP is pretty fun.

You want them to kill off Elena? I honestly thought they'd kill off Scully.

I was worried that the series might suffer without her but this is by far the best in my opinion.

I wasn't, Uncharted 3 story was a bit strange in some areas, so when they announced Hennig was out and the writers of TLoU were in, I didn't worry, they proved themselves more than capable.

Fucking loved it. The beginning confused me on the timeline, but once Sam was back I had a blast.

Gotten to Chapter 12, and I'm already calling this the best of the series. Everything just feels so perfect from the stunning graphics to the smooth gameplay. I love that there isn't gunfights every 5 minutes like in previous games. Also love that the bullet sponge enemies from U3 are gone. Gunfights feel like they have weight to them. Love the options you can take, stealth or guns blazing. The new hook grapple makes for some badass moments in the fights.

I always thought the plot in the previous games were overrated. Personally, I've never felt invested in any of them. But I've been gripped since the very beginning of this game's story. The villains also feel less cliche this time. UC2 had a bland forgettable Russian warlord and UC3 had a boring, secret rich society barely touched upon. Rafe already seems tons more interesting than the others. It's little moments like Sully trolling him during the auction that are far more memorable then anything the other villains did.

I just love little moments like Nate at home with Elena eating dinner and playing Crash Bandicoot. I also love the big set pieces namely the car chase from the E3 demo. Waited almost a year for that and it didn't disappoint. Can't wait for the rest, hope it's not a disappointment.

Ok, I got past the firefight in Avery's mansion and it felt like a major accomplishment.

Now, for the past two days I've been stuck on the battle in the ship graveyard, Level 20. Please tell me this is the last major battle. It's really sucking the fun out of the game for me. 'Crushing' is living up to it's name.

Gotten to Chapter 12, and I'm already calling this the best of the series. Everything just feels so perfect from the stunning graphics to the smooth gameplay. I love that there isn't gunfights every 5 minutes like in previous games. Also love that the bullet sponge enemies from U3 are gone. Gunfights feel like they have weight to them. Love the options you can take, stealth or guns blazing. The new hook grapple makes for some badass moments in the fights.

I always thought the plot in the previous games were overrated. Personally, I've never felt invested in any of them. But I've been gripped since the very beginning of this game's story. The villains also feel less cliche this time. UC2 had a bland forgettable Russian warlord and UC3 had a boring, secret rich society barely touched upon. Rafe already seems tons more interesting than the others. It's little moments like Sully trolling him during the auction that are far more memorable then anything the other villains did.

I just love little moments like Nate at home with Elena eating dinner and playing Crash Bandicoot. I also love the big set pieces namely the car chase from the E3 demo. Waited almost a year for that and it didn't disappoint. Can't wait for the rest, hope it's not a disappointment.

100 percent agreed. It's one of the best games I've played and it stays consistently amazing all the way through.

Ok, I got past the firefight in Avery's mansion and it felt like a major accomplishment.

Now, for the past two days I've been stuck on the battle in the ship graveyard, Level 20. Please tell me this is the last major battle. It's really sucking the fun out of the game for me. 'Crushing' is living up to it's name.

Is that your first playthrough? I thought Crushing was locked on the first playthrough and you had to beat it at least once to unlock it.

Unfortunately it's not.

I don't know what the final boss will be like on crushing as I beat it on normal but without spoiling too much it's laid out fairly simple.

Back