UFN 133: JDS-Blagoy drew 754,000. Very good numbers. Northcutt?

How the fuck could sage be a draw? I doubt anyone outside of hardcore mma fans have even heard of them, and most of them think hes a joke

How the fuck could sage be a draw?

Good question, man. I don't know the answer, but here is another example:

http://mmapayout.com/2018/02/ufc-fight-night-austin-draws-893000-viewers-on-fs1-prelims-draw-675000/

Peak viewership for UFC Fight Night was 1,078,000 viewers between 9:15-9:30pm which was for the Sage Northcutt fight.

Hard not to ignore that the main card peaked during Sage Northcutt’s controversial victory over Thibalt Gouti. Northcutt is someone that the casual fan wants to watch. Even with a pretty interesting main event in Cerrone-Medeiros, many tuned in to watch Sage and then turned the channel.

Last edited:
The card drew great numbers because of Blagoi's debut.
Just kidding. :) I wish this was true, though.

Explanations:
- Sage's spikey hair;
- Elkins' tattoo;
- Volkanovski from prospect to contender;
- Price's pointy elbows;
- they thought Said Nurmagomedov was Khabib Nurmagomedov;
- non-roided Chad;

It is. Bellator RARELY, very rarely had numbers like this. Stop spreading BS.
If you're interested

Gegard/Carvalho peaked at 800,000
201 recently peaked at 466,000 with no real big names
Fedor Mir around 750,000
Benson Huerta 420,000
Caldwell Higo peaked at 745,000

If you're interested

Gegard/Carvalho peaked at 800,000
201 recently peaked at 466,000 with no real big names
Fedor Mir around 750,000
Benson Huerta 420,000
Caldwell Higo peaked at 745,000

Hmmmm....Caldwell Higo? Strange...wonder why

Oh cool. So it's really JDS. Niiice...he seems to be quite popular

The ratings were steady through-out but the peak was the early rounds of the main (according to Meltzer)

UFC Boise:
The main card did 754,000 viewers, which is normal range over the past year. The audience stayed for the duration for the most part, peaking during the early rounds of the Junior dos Santos five-round decision win over Blagoy Ivanov, at 840,000 viewers.

The UFC main card averaged 14,859 streaming viewers over the three hour and 14 minute broadcast.

-

Telling that less than 2% stream
That shows the TV to Stream ration is not as big as people thing when it comes to traditional cable TV

Last edited:
Hmmmm....Caldwell Higo? Strange...wonder why
I thought the same, no idea, the only other recognizable names on the entire card was Baby Joe vs Joe Warren. Those were the peak figures

To be honest I dont believe a fucking thing that gets reported by the UFC. They have lied about numbers and even recanted in the past. Why should any of us believe them now. UFC 100 was highest ever at 1.6 million for more than a decade, then conor comes around its 1.4 or maybe even 1.3. And conors was the magical 1.6 mil. Fuck all that.

To be honest I dont believe a fucking thing that gets reported by the UFC. They have lied about numbers and even recanted in the past. Why should any of us believe them now. UFC 100 was highest ever at 1.6 million for more than a decade, then conor comes around its 1.4 or maybe even 1.3. And conors was the magical 1.6 mil. Fuck all that.

Ratings don't come from UFC
The PPV numbers people go by are not from DW, but from Meltzer & according to legal filings they are pretty exact.

Don't ever go by numbers DW says at a presser. He exaggerates 24/7

Ratings don't come from UFC
The PPV numbers people go by are not from DW, but from Meltzer & according to legal filings they are pretty exact.

Don't ever go by numbers DW says at a presser. He exaggerates 24/7
I agree. Im not going to look up the quotes but the 1.6 number went around for a long time because of DW. Conor and Nate fight and that supposedly did 1.6, then the UFC 100 numbers drop. Seems like it fit a narrative.

I agree. Im not going to look up the quotes but the 1.6 number went around for a long time because of DW. Conor and Nate fight and that supposedly did 1.6, then the UFC 100 numbers drop. Seems like it fit a narrative.

The 1.6 was from DW
Meltzer had it as less
But that was the number people famously went by.

Then as people started trusting Dave more & Dave would correct DW, DW stopped giving numbers (for most fights)

I forget which RR fight (maybe Bethe) but Dana said 1m & Dave said about 900k & Dave's numbers were right.
Same with MayMac

Dana is a promoter ... he will hype numbers

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back