UFN 110 - Lewis vs Hunt - New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, not everyone enjoys the brand of violence Lewis brings to the octagon. But whatever you may think about the way he fights, the fact is Lewis has won six straight in the octagon, which gives him the longest winning streak among current heavyweights – one more than red-hot prospect Francis Ngannou, who just moved Stateside to attempt to take his MMA career to the next level.

None other than lightweight champ Conor McGregor is second to Lewis in knockout victories for active competitors in the UFC.
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/05/ufc-fight-night-110-derrick-lewis-heavyweight-heart-mark-hunt

"I don't know how you can say he has good striking" -Sherdog member.

tumblr_mjw3m8HpPG1qhr01io1_400.gif

Do you read articles instead of watching tape? Out of the 5 KOs on his recent run, I believe only one was a standing KO which was against a washed up Gonzaga. His stand up is slow and predictable, his power bails him out of fights he's getting outclassed in
You can't remember how many standing KO's he has and yet you're saying that I need to watch more "tape."

BTW, we haven't been using tape since the mid 90's. Personally I think it's outdated, pretentious and inaccurate to call it "tape."

You can't remember how many standing KO's he has and yet you're saying that I need to watch more "tape."

BTW, we haven't been using tape since the mid 90's. Personally I think it's outdated, pretentious and inaccurate to call it "tape."

BB's striking sucks, wtf are you smoking

I know if mark hunt hits beast as clean as Browne did he's going to bed

Ps

being 265lbs and having power doesn't make you a good striker

11 of his last 12 wins have come via KO/TKO.

Is this the twilight zone?
I seriously can't believe you're arguing for BB having good striking. I feel like i'm being trolled lol. @Sadistics explained it perfectly

Ps

being 265lbs and having power doesn't make you a good striker

Everyone has their own definition "good striker."

BB is a very effective KO artist, the stats prove that 100%, no debate.

Visual biases proving very strong on this one.

My gut tells me black beast via tko rnd 3

I wouldnt bet on hunt right now unless it was against some bum, hes not becoming more skilled folks.

Fighter A is on the come up, whos ceiling of potential is yet to be determined

Fighter B is coming down now, is he softly floating down or crashing down is what will be determined whence this fight happens.

Watch all the tape you want.

Everyone has their own definition "good striker."

BB is a very effective KO artist, the stats prove that 100%, no debate.

Visual biases proving very strong on this one.

He's good at punching people in the face repeatedly, I'll give you that

this card has such a blatant 2 man parlay for me i just hope the odds aren't going to be juiced to hell.

Everyone tries to take BB down, that's why most of his sig strikes are on grounded opponents.

To say that he sucks at stand up is nonsense. If he sucked guys would be wanting to fight him standing, instead most of them want no part of it and opt to wrestle.

Everyone tries to take BB down, that's why most of his sig strikes are on grounded opponents.

To say that he sucks at stand up is nonsense. If he sucked guys would be wanting to fight him standing, instead most of them want no part of it and opt to wrestle.

Guys try to take him down cause his bottom game is even worse than his standup. Though his brute force get ups work pretty well

Guys try to take him down cause his bottom game is even worse than his standup.

Wrong.

They taste that power and they turn into scared bums and try to clinch and wrestle.

Mark won't do that, but if he can't control distance he will eventually end up on the ground or in the corner and likely get pummeled like the rest of em.

Wrong.

They taste that power and they turn into scared bums and try to clinch and wrestle.

Mark won't do that, but if he can't control distance he will eventually end up on the ground or in the corner and likely get pummeled like the rest of em.

Why wouldn't they want to take down Lewis? Regardless of whether his striking is shitty or if he's prime Le Banner, he's a turtle once you put him on his back. The fact that his ground game is terrible doesn't make his striking better.

Also, look at who he has fought.
Pesta - Nickname is the takedown machine.
Grabowski - Grappler
Gonzaga - BJJ
Abdurakhimov - Grinder

And even Roy is still a BJJ black belt. But why wouldn't these guys try to take down Derrick Lewis, arguably the worst fighter off his back in the UFC? They're all grapplers, and the only way he wins fights is if he lands one of his sloppy hooks or he falls on top of you, so of course they are all going to try to put him on his back. It's not because his striking is good, but it's worlds ahead of his ground game. Freak power or not, if you can grapple and the other guy can't, you do it.

I'm loving Brunson at -250 against Kelly... he would be -800 if this fight was 2 years ago, but luckily he had a horrible matchup against Whittaker and a robbery against Anderson, while Kelly has been on a tear with great matchups.

The only thing holding me back is that fight with Kelly against Carlos Jr and the possibility of Brunson gassing, but as of now I'm playing it for 2u. The worst thing for a stiff old guy like Kelly is explosive athleticism. As much as we all love him, there was bound to be some point where we have to fade him, and that time is now imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back