UFN 110 - Lewis vs Hunt - New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis was a bad matchup for Lewis and I would bet Travis again if they fight. Lewis doesn't have to worry about TD he can let his hands go.he has reach over hunt and much faster hands these days. Hunt cant connect a chin these days. he gasses quickly. i think he looked bad vs Reem

He fought Gonzaga in Croatia. I remember he was miserable as fuck cause he couldn't get the food he wanted lol.

Apologies, didn't know that.....

Hahaha

The food in NZ will probably be worse for him. Plus even in first class on planes the food ain't great. He will have to resort to fast food.

Confidence increase Ben 10

Last edited:
Travis was a bad matchup for Lewis and I would bet Travis again if they fight. Lewis doesn't have to worry about TD he can let his hands go.he has reach over hunt and much faster hands these days. Hunt cant connect a chin these days. he gasses quickly. i think he looked bad vs Reem

Was he worried about takedowns with Browne? I don't think so

I feel like Hunt is just seeing out his contract this sure is a quick turnaround after that brutal KO from Reem. Think he's just fighting for a pay cheque he's getting big dollar from this contract.

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-Fight-Night-110-Hunt-vs-Lewis-58411

fe9ee5343873407a8a38447bcda13c78.png

6136.png

Lewis has terrible striking and an even worse ground game. He's going to come in there and just try to wing bombs like he normally does, and Hunt definitely knows how to deal with that.

Unless Hunt takes himself down like Lewis' past opponents and let's him fall on top of him, I really think this is his fight. It's HW so anything could happen, but on paper this is Hunt's to lose.

I'm all over Hunt in this one. This is the first time Lewis is facing a legit striker with 1 punch KO power who can take full advantage of his shitty footwork and bad striking defense in general.

I'm all over Hunt in this one. This is the first time Lewis is facing a legit striker with 1 punch KO power who can take full advantage of his shitty footwork and bad striking defense in general.
Roy Nelson is a legit 1 punch KO artist.

It's true Lewis has almost no footwork, he has even flatter feet than Ben Rothwell, but Hunt is no twinkle toes either.

Hunt is a better striker technically and he's better defensively, but even so, I think if Lewis is able to corner him, old Hunto could be in some trouble there.

Lewis can eat a much better shot than Frank Mir. I dunno, Hunt getting the KO just feels like the long shot to me on this one.

Last edited:
Roy Nelson is a legit 1 punch KO artist.

It's true Lewis has almost no footwork, he has even flatter feet than Ben Rothwell, but Hunt is no twinkle toes either.

Hunt is a better striker technically and he's better defensively, but even so, I think if Lewis is able to corner him, old Hunto could be in some trouble there.

Lewis can eat a much shot than Frank Mir. I dunno, Hunt getting the KO just feels like the long shot to me on this one.
You can't compare Hunt to Roy Nelson. Hunt packs more power than the Roy who fought Lewis and as you said he is more technical (WAY better actually, not even comparable) which makes it way more likely that he will connect. Lewis is the perfect opponent for Hunt to KO, he has no footwork and bad defense in general, he will overcommit to strikes a lot as well. Roy isn't very good at countering either he literally only has that overhand right. Hunt will read his opponents and then KO them off a counter or make them react to his feints.

Last edited:
You can't compare Hunt to Roy Nelson. Hunt packs more power than the Roy who fought Lewis and as you said he is more technical (WAY better actually, not even comparable) which makes it way more likely that he will connect. Lewis is the perfect opponent for Hunt to KO, he has no footwork and bad defense in general, he will overcommit to strikes a lot as well. Roy isn't very good at countering either he literally only has that overhand right. Hunt will read his opponents and than KO them off a counter or make them react to his feints.

Maybe, or maybe it gets ugly and Lewis finishes Hunt like he has many others.

I don't see Hunt putting striking clinic on Derrick. Could happen but it's kind of asking a lot of Hunto and because he's an old man whereas Derrick is young hungry lion.

But yeah the fact that the show is in NZ is big for Hunt, that helps his odds quite a bit.

Hunt is old, he's pushing mid 40's which for fighters is the absolute end of the road, unless they go the chemical route.

I think the FUC are giving him Lewis (who is murdering guys right now) as punishment for the Brock law suite and/or fighters union stuff not to mention all the trash he said about them to the media, etc.

It would be crazy to pick Hunt over Lewis at this point in their respective careers. I expect Lewis to be a huge favorite.

I wish you were right on odds, Hunt +110 will probably still get played. Lewis's striking is still awful and Browne had him hurt bad. If Lewis can't get this fight to the mat, which will be hard to do against Hunt as his stature alone gives him decent TDD, I see Hunt catching him with something big on the feet.

I have no idea how anyone can be confident one way or the other on this one

I cant trust a disgruntled 43 yr old hw coming off a brutal ko loss only two months ago but good luck

It's definitely a risk, but this should be an easy fight for Hunt on paper. There's huge red flags like you've pointed out, however I think we're getting great value on Hunt.

I have no idea how anyone can be confident one way or the other on this one

Definitely will not be a large bet, but will probably play Hunt as a dog. If this was before the Lesnar fight and all of the red flags that have happened since, I would feel comfortable laying a decent sized bet.

I wish you were right on odds, Hunt +110 will probably still get played. Lewis's striking is still awful and Browne had him hurt bad. If Lewis can't get this fight to the mat, which will be hard to do against Hunt as his stature alone gives him decent TDD, I see Hunt catching him with something big on the feet.

BB finished 5 of his last 6 opponents, how is his striking awful? SMH

BB might not have the graceful boxing that Hunt has, but he's a very effective puncher who only needs to land 1 decent shot to put most guys in serious trouble.

I have .85 units Daniel Kelly +235
and the parlay 1 unit Claudia Gadelha -270 with Mark Hunt +115 to win 1.95 units.

Kelly keeps going off as the underdog, and he keeps winning. He's hard to take down, and he has those clever little trips to take down his opponents.

I just can't see Gadelha having much chance to lose in the earlier card, and Hunt at +115 was enticing enough for me to make the bet.

i don't really give a fuck about the main event, low key zak ottow v kunimoto has me intrigued though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back